Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB

Go down 
+4
BetterThansparty
WillieMfan
uofmchris
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB Empty
PostSubject: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Video:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120822/SPORTS06/120822032/Videos-Michigan-AD-Dave-Brandon-sticks-up-for-Oklahoma-kid-in-U-M-T-shirt?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Michigan Wolverines

They want the night games we have at the Big House to be "special" games. Between all the night games already on the schedule this season, and the home schedule we have in general, they didn't see an opportunity to have one this year. He was pretty matter-of-fact when saying we'd have one in 2013. Notre Dame, again, anyone?

uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:06 pm

I think it would be stale to have back to back night games vs. Notre Dame at the Big House.. I'm thinking outside of the box here (ala Dave Brandon) and would put my money on the O$U game being at night.. It might ruffle a lot of peoples feathers, but Dave Brandon is that type of guy.

Hoke vs. Meyer under the lights.

First ever night game against O$U...

Yeah.... I'll guess the O$U game will be the night game.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Would love to see it Chris but Brandon has already gone on the record as saying he will not do MSU or Ohio at night. Expect to see another ND night game.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Crap, you are right.

Well then.... ND it is...probably.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah, it's gotta be ND.

Considering DB's stance on MSU and OSU, Nebraska would be a good alernative, as would PSU.

But we travel TO Happy Valley in 2013, and the Nebraska game isn't until November. He's already said they wouldn't do night games late in the season, either, due to weather.

Cue ESPN's programming director to get on the horn with DB right now to schedule that ND game (that's assuming he already hasn't).

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm gonna throw an idea out there. Not too sure how I feel about it but with AD Brandon ya never know. Homecoming (against Minnesota next year) as the night game? That's not a special game opponent-wise but it is Homecoming. Kinda goes against tradition in a BIG way but who knows?

Almost positive that he wouldn't want to turn ND into our night game alternating years. Akron is nothing, CMU isn't much either. Maybe when they had Lefevre but now they suck worse than Eastern. However, that would but special for the CMU players but I don't think that is of factor.

Now to throw another idea out there, how 'bout App. State in 2014? As much as I hate to admit it they've earned that respect. Plus, I'm positive that the players (even though none from the 2007 debacle are on the roster currently) will want to exact revenge. That game, if at night, would be televised nationally. "Maybe" we could do some damage control by destroying App. State? What does everyone else think?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 pm

But wouldn't that interfere w/ the homecoming dance???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 pm

There's a Homecoming dance????????????????

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Oh, as for the Appy State idea....

I agree with you that they've earned our respect, but no shot in hell do we 'validate' them by giving them a primetime game in the BH. No way.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 pm

dwoody wrote:

How old are you that you think there is still a dance after the Homecoming game in college? Razz

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
dwoody wrote:

How old are you that you think there is still a dance after the Homecoming game in college? Razz

ha ha. and football players still give their girlfriends their letterman sweaters.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 am

The MSU and OSU games should be played during the day. We've broken a ton of traditions the last several years but that's something that should not be touched. Besides, neither of those schools has ever scheduled us for a night game and they have had stadium lights for decades. Let's not validate their egos by scheduling them at night.

Nebraska as a night game, now THAT would be pretty sweet. They have us scheduled for a night game this year in Lincoln. I sure wish we could return the favor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:11 am

sparty doesn't have/or didn't have permanent lights for decades. They always trucked them in...

As far as I know.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 am

Dave Brandon certainly is a wise man of this world to rule out night games with MSU or, in particular, OSU. After tanking up all day, then losing to That School Up North at the 'House, who knows what they would then grab from their pick-up trucks? Particularly while secure in the awareness of the cover of darkness.

(Cripes, sounds like a script straight out of the Executioner, eh? But then...)

Besides, that game's remaining the finale on our schedule for the foreseeable future. And 9 PM in late November in A-squared would be a very, very cold scenario...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB   There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB Empty

Back to top Go down

There WILL be a night game in 2013, per DB
Page 1 of 1