Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting is just fine.

Go down 
+2
mgoblue93
Go_Blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Recruiting is just fine. Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 am

I know a lot of people are disappointed at the way things turned out yeasterday, but I am still excited about this class and the one UM is building for 2013. Hoke and the coaching staff want only the kids who really want to be at UM. We still have a great shot at Diamond and Grant. I believe Henry committed last night to UM. It's not even the actual signing day. UM just went 11-2 and, on top of that, have pulled in a top 5 recruiting class and what appears to be another in the 2013 class. Let's admit it, UM had it's ups and downs last season. We won 11 games, but I think a lot of people and recruits have questions. The Sugar Bowl didn't help us with offensive recruits.

Restoring a program back to glory does not happen overnight. Fortunately Hoke and company are more pragmatic than the average fan. One good season does not mean you are back on top. The 2012 season will help show the direction UM is going. A huge outing with Bama will be a good start. Win and we are golden. Lose, but make it a close game, and we win. Lose in a blowout...well that will hurt.

The continued support of the fanbase and the belief in Michigan football will ultimately win out. And as Pipkins and Morris are already preaching, "the Team the Team the Team".

Go Blue!!
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: agree with your post   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am

This class is awesome even if we stop here. We do need a little more depth on the OL but I think we're fine. Anything from this point is icing on the cake and Hoke can afford to be picky. So if we don't get what we want (what's left,) we close up shop for 2012, call it a day, and full speed ahead for 2013!

If we get Diamond I'll be more than happy. Also getting Henry is huge for a couple reasons (is it a done deal?) 1. We get a solid sleeper at DT to compliment Peewee. I think he would be the sleeper of the class. 2. We open the gates to Cleveland Glenville. This is throwing a wrench into OSU's teflon relationship with Glenville. They hate when kids might go to UM and it looks bad that they did not offer him.

by the way, this is my first post...i finally logged on and it is great! huge props for those involved!!

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am

People have the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. This is a great class and will contribute to the future success of the program.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Welcome mgoblue93!!    Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 am

Glad to have you aboard!! They have done a great job with this forum. It is nice to see posts from "real" UM fans and not have the threads deluged with nonsense from trolls.
Back to top Go down
mjagger1

mjagger1

PostSubject: Hey 93, Welcome...   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

We forget that 20 of these guys committed before the season even started. Also, by the standards of the guys we already had in the class, It may seem like we're stumbling across the finish line. But guys, this is still going to be a top 5 or 6 class that addresses needs. I, for one, can't wait until we're three or four classes in, we'll be loaded!!!
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: thanks all!   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 am

and again props to the creators of this site ..much appreciated!! I wish i could stay and explore but I have to work now lol...Go BLue!
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Willie Henry. I made the statement about Henry committing last night!   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

I apologize, he did not commit to UM. I was talking to a friend who said he will commit and got my signals crossed. I know Pipkins is working him hard and his visit on Saturday went really well. Hopefully he will come on over to the good guys.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm

mjagger1 wrote:
We forget that 20 of these guys committed before the season even started. Also, by the standards of the guys we already had in the class, It may seem like we're stumbling across the finish line. But guys, this is still going to be a top 5 or 6 class that addresses needs. I, for one, can't wait until we're three or four classes in, we'll be loaded!!!

I am torn. Yes we had guys committed very early. Still-we have and are in the running for more but so far it is not coming our way. I feel like momentum has shifted away from Michigan at this point. When was the last commit we have received? I do not remember anyone in the last 7+ days. I do know we have lost a couple recently which makes this even tougher. This is a critical time to close and it is not happening. Hell OSU looks like they have more commitments then they have room for. That's what's pissing me off. Kids are still giving their verbal to OSU and they do not even know if there is room for them yet.

IMHO-This class deserves to be top 5. It has been top 5 for a long time. I feel like teams are going to pass us up if we do not start getting some more recruits. Diamond is critical at this point. I really think we need 5 for the OL and his commitment would probably ensure we are top 5.

Anyone know our current commitment number? I know we are far from being full which is also frustrating.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 pm

I don't care what ranking number this class ends up with. That is way too subjective. Did this class fill needs? Hell yes, o-line specifically. I for one am a happy fan.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Sure ranking are subjective. But-It's all we have until the teams take the field. I have not doubt our class is better than Michigan State's but I am pretty much basing that on the large gap in the rankings. Rankings are not completely useless.
Back to top Go down
UberBluer

UberBluer

PostSubject: The Only Recruit   Recruiting is just fine. EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm

That I feel badly about losing in the past week was Garnett. While Reeves has a high rating, I just wasn't keen on getting yet another 5'9" cornerback. I wasn't really enamored with Grant or Kozan (who appeared on our radar late in the process). All we need is one or two more to really close out a great class. I would be bummed if we don't get Diamond, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting is just fine.   Recruiting is just fine. Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting is just fine.
Page 1 of 1