Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... Empty
PostSubject: Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...   Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 am

Regarding our performance, or at times lack thereof, on either side of the ball.

Seriously--- just how "up" could any member of our team truly have been for that game, against a
team coming off a 39-point loss to Indiana, and coming in as a 46-point 'dog? The answer to which
question, of course, answers the next: how hard/what % were they really putting out?

Now Saturday will be a much-different story, needless to say. What I feel we most have going for
us is that number "One Thousand" dancing in the Irish minds (as in, DR's total yardage accounted
for in his two starts vs. them). They'll be keying on him with at least 3 or 4 guys physically, and 11
guys psychologically, on almost every play...could prove to be Fitz's overdue-but-welcome coming
out party.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Agree...   Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 am

it was a glorified scrimmage. The good news from it was that there wasn't really any bad news. No injuries, and they dominated them as expected.

Notre Dame definitely appears to be the real deal this year. Should be quite a test next week. I'm sure the ND defense will stuff the box and try to force Denard to beat them with his arm. I personally think he's capable of it, but wonder whether the receivers and the O-line will be able to get him enough help.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...   Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

well I'm going to take the optimistic road.

I LOVED the fact that 8 different guys scored (I know I shouldn't count the Lewan TD). That does a few things for Michigan. It shows other teams just how many weapons UM has. Having 6 different WRs catch a ball shows other teams that Denard isn't locked onto one guy. That's going to make it that much harder for defenses to prepare. Imagine having to defend Denard, Toussaint, Funchess, Roundtree, Gardner, etc. on the same play.

I also liked seeing our 2nd and 3rd string RBs come in and run well. Our stable of backs almost seems plug-and-play at this point. Side note: Rawls is a beast.

I liked seeing J Robinson, Gardner and Funchess play well too. They are progressing well and that can only help Denard going forward.

The second half shutout was nice to see too. I know it's UMass but I think the D played well. I didn't see any blown assignments and the rush D seemed stout. There was a lot of pressure on the QB. I hope they can carry this momentum into next week.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...   Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't know if anyone else was listening to the Post Game show and the interviews iin the locker room. They interviewed Lewan and he said that now ND had another play to worry about because he was now a "scoring threat". A couple of other players mentioned it too. It was really pretty comical.

and it's easy to feel good for 1 day when you did what they did yesterday.

But I'm 100% certain most of the guys watched last night's game. I think they saw what happened to MAC in their own back yard. And I hope that brought them back down to earth a little bit.

BTW, Hoke did say that one of the advantages to playing all those players? "Morale!" No doubt. Those kids bust their asses and, as I was explaining to my wife, yesterday might very well be the only time in their careers they see playing time. You JUST NEVER KNOW. I was happy for them all.

With that said, I wanted Denard out 1 series earlier. I saw no reason to leave him in that last time.

Great Win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...   Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways... Empty

Back to top Go down

Really not convinced the UMass game provided any real take-aways...
Page 1 of 1