Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injury update.

Go down 
+3
WhatsYourDeal
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:34 am

We "should" be ok...

http://www.michigandaily.com/node/68532

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 am

Yeah, that worries me, but Nebraska isn't known for their passing, so I think Avery will be OK in this game. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:00 am

i just heard on xm 91 that Burkhead is out for the game. that should help UM some.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 am

WhatsYourDeal wrote:
i just heard on xm 91 that Burkhead is out for the game. that should help UM some.

Don't mean this in a callous way, but NICE!!
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 am

Admin wrote:
WhatsYourDeal wrote:

Don't mean this in a callous way, but NICE!!

of course no one wants to see anyone hurt, but every little bit helps...everyone's banged up this time of year anyway.

speaking of injuries the word is it was Braxton Miller's neck and he practiced yesterday. I was kind of hoping to see more of Guiton but if Miller is ok -im obviously fine w/that.

that said, i think we will see OSU's first loss this week in Happy Valley. My how things have changed there so quickly. I still can't believe JoePa is dead. It's sad to think of what has become of PSU.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 am

Abdullah is shiftier and faster. I think I'd rather take our chances with a big bruiser, Burkhead, then Abdullah. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am

I think that's going to prove to be a really good game, WYD.

I've been very impressed/surprised by PSU's offense the last month+.

We've seen what a former Pats OC has done in college with Weiss, so I wasn't ready to proclaim that PSU's offense was going to be special simply because of the hire. However, BOB has done a heckuva job.

All that being said, I'm already sick and tired of all the hoopla they're getting. It's like people have forgot that they lost to two bullshit squads, a 1-6 Virgina team, and OHIO (the real Ohio...not our foes in Cbus).

Dan Wetzel tweeted out this morning: "Big game this weekend (Ohio St) at Penn St, which is mostly back to being Penn St. My column:..."

Oh, really? BACK TO BEING PENN STATE? AND WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT? MEDIOCRE SEASONS WITH INEXPLICABLE LOSSES TO SUBPAR TEAMS?

You're right, Dan. They are back to being Penn State.

Idiot.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm

"You're right, Dan. They are back to being Penn State."

lol sports columnists are the most talentless people in the world imo...sure many of them can write, and maybe a few are well read (a very few,) but other than that, their main skill set is to be creative, which to me shouldn't apply with sports. this is not art to the fan sports are meant to be perceived as reality. Football is the first reality TV show, and when these clowns add their "brilliance," it adds nothing but fluff.

I actually heard a columnist on the local radio today (WFNZ charlotte) take a dig at a colleague by referring to him as a "sports reporter." Since when, and how, did it become more prestigious to be a columnist over a reporter? That's what's wrong w/the general media imo.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

WhatsYourDeal wrote:
"You're right, Dan. They are back to being Penn State."

lol sports columnists are the most talentless people in the world imo...sure many of them can write, and maybe a few are well read (a very few,) but other than that, their main skill set is to be creative, which to me shouldn't apply with sports. this is not art to the fan sports are meant to be perceived as reality. Football is the first reality TV show, and when these clowns add their "brilliance," it adds nothing but fluff.

I actually heard a columnist on the local radio today (WFNZ charlotte) take a dig at a colleague by referring to him as a "sports reporter." Since when, and how, did it become more prestigious to be a columnist over a reporter? That's what's wrong w/the general media imo.

LOL...you do realize that you just called out Admin right? cherry
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 pm

[quote="WhatsYourDeal"][quote="Admin"]
WhatsYourDeal wrote:
speaking of injuries the word is it was Braxton Miller's neck and he practiced yesterday.

Pardon my French, but that's bull cookies. Anyone who saw Miller after the play, both on the field and on the sideline, knows that wasn't a neck. The kid has a concussion, but Urban "I don't care what happens or what I have to do as long as I win" Liar isn't going to pass up the chance to go undefeated this year over something as trivial as Miller's long term career and health, even if he can't go to a bowl game.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Orion_Wolverine wrote:
Pardon my French, but that's bull cookies. Anyone who saw Miller after the play, both on the field and on the sideline, knows that wasn't a neck. The kid has a concussion, but Urban "I don't care what happens or what I have to do as long as I win" Liar isn't going to pass up the chance to go undefeated this year over something as trivial as Miller's long term career and health, even if he can't go to a bowl game.

Well I'm not going to say for sure that it was or wasn't a neck injury but I'm with Orion 100% on this one. Urban and the O$U staff either don't realize or don't care that it was a "head injury". I won't go as far to say it was a concussion but from what I've seen on the replay of that play Braxton Miller got his bell rung and got it rung HARD.

I've watched the replay of the game twice now and there was a point when the staff was tending to Miller and he was sitting up on the field and they handed him a towel to wipe the tears from his eyes (yes he was crying) and when he brought that towel from his face he looked like someone just asked him to recite the Chinese national anthem in French. That dude was confused and didn't know what was going on.

By the way, when they were helping him off the field it's wasn't because he couldn't put weight on a leg or anything like that it was because when he tried to walk he looked like a guy who just blew a .28 at a DUI field check.

JMO
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Well look at this, ok WYD, it seems as if YOU ARE in the minority. I am in now way saying that I am always right, I have been incorect a number of times, but please, don't question my knowledge about neurological injuries. Also, please note that I did not definitively say that he had a concussion, something like a mild head injury (although there is no such thing).

Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 am

Looked like a head injury to me, but if the medical staff clears him to play, and he wants to play, he should play.
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Looked like a head injury to me, but if the medical staff clears him to play, and he wants to play, he should play.

The same medical staff on the O$U payroll? Parsing the language, "head injury, bell run, etc." minimizes what it was - a concussion. Calling it anything else is just spin. You can't just "rub a little dirt on it" and made a closed head injury better.

Funny, if this was the NFL he wouldn't be allowed to play this week. He certainly wouldn't have returned to practice on Tuesday. However, in college football, and O$U in particular, no problem son, get on out there. What could possibly go wrong? Well, ask Javid Best what could possibly go wrong.

BTW, Groucho Mark is doing the same thing. Gholston was knocked completely out against O$U and he was back a few plays later. The explanation - he had the wind knocked out of him. I say again, bull cookies. Interesting, Gholston has really not been the same since he had the wind knocked out of him. Just hasn't been the same player.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 am

He would if the medical people cleared him.

There has to be some ethics involved with Drs. If they clear him and he isn't truly cleared, they are setting themselves up for a pretty big lawsuit from his family if something happens.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:00 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Well look at this, ok WYD, it seems as if YOU ARE in the minority. I am in now way saying that I am always right, I have been incorect a number of times, but please, don't question my knowledge about neurological injuries. Also, please note that I did not definitively say that he had a concussion, something like a mild head injury (although there is no such thing).

Just sayin'...

Sometimes it's not a bad thing to be in the minority. No offense 2nd, but you have given us no reason to believe that you are more qualified to discuss head injuries over given neurologists.

Based on this link, it looks like a neck injury to me:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/10/24/braxton-miller-ohio-state.ap/index.html

After reviewing the video and reading the comments of Miller, it makes perfect sense that this is a severely strained neck injury.

Basic physics -three points of contact: Shoulder, neck, and head. Shoulder hits turf first from horse collar, slingshots head to turf, neck flexes, head hits turf, helmet absorbs some impact on the side of head, turf absorbs some sending head in the other direction, shoulder miraculously is undamaged as well as head -so what is left? The neck flexed in one direction and suddenly flexed in the other direction.

When he first got up i thought he had a severe shoulder injury the way he favored it. A strained neck, "whiplash" as Miller called it, makes perfect sense -his head was immobilized because of his neck. He couldn't move his shoulder or arms, because of his neck.

Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:06 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

There has to be some ethics involved with Drs. If they clear him and he isn't truly cleared, they are setting themselves up for a pretty big lawsuit from his family if something happens.

Doctors cleared NFL players for years before more stringent tests were required and 3rd party doctors got involved. It all depends on what your standards are and what questions you ask. If you goal is to get a player back on the field your evaluation standards will reflect that agenda. If it is to protect the player, the evaluation will reflect those standards. This goes back to an old saying - "Figures don't lie, but liars figure."

Again, its interesting the professionals are more protected than college kids. Nobody who saw Miller on that field on Saturday can honestly say they believe he has fully recovered from that injury. Sorry, just not buying it. A head injury isn't like a sprained ankle. Playing "almost healed" should not be an option.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 am

I have seen several sites reporting whiplash AND dizziness which is clearly a symptom of a concussion.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8548207/braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-says-fine-injury

The bottom-line is if he is not healed it will probably be exposed during the PSU game. One hit and he should be right back to where he was last week.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

If it's a concussion he shouldn't play. There is no reason for Meyer or Ohio State to risk playing him this year. There is nothing on the line, and many fans such as myself, would love to see Kenny Guiton get more experience anyway.

That said, I couldn't be more confident that the injury is what they claim it is.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am

Orion_Wolverine wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Doctors cleared NFL players for years before more stringent tests were required and 3rd party doctors got involved. It all depends on what your standards are and what questions you ask. If you goal is to get a player back on the field your evaluation standards will reflect that agenda. If it is to protect the player, the evaluation will reflect those standards. This goes back to an old saying - "Figures don't lie, but liars figure."

Again, its interesting the professionals are more protected than college kids. Nobody who saw Miller on that field on Saturday can honestly say they believe he has fully recovered from that injury. Sorry, just not buying it. A head injury isn't like a sprained ankle. Playing "almost healed" should not be an option.

Nobody can diagnose Miller from their TV set alone either. Have you seen Miller speak since the injury? I don't claim to be a doctor, but since we are all suddenly qualified to diagnose neuro patients via the internet, he looked fine to me in yesterday's press conference.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 am

Plus he sounded dumb before the hit, and still sounds dumb, so I think he is ok.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Plus he sounded dumb before the hit, and still sounds dumb, so I think he is ok.

lol i don't disagree...his ability to articulate complete sentences seems very consistent.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

HA!

"...I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever..."

^^^ I know it was Pryor but same difference right?^^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Injury update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury update.   Injury update. Empty

Back to top Go down

Injury update.
Page 1 of 1