Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: I-96 shooter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: I-96 shooter Empty
PostSubject: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 am

I know that most people in this forum live out-of-state or hours from this incident(s) but I'd like to point some things out about it. First of all read the article oif this is the first you've ever herd of it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/09/us/wixom-mich-shooting-suspect-is-arrested.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20121109

Next, sparty is evil. Everyone here knows of my utter repulsion of that "school" and guess who they produced? "A person familiar with the investigation said a tip about the shooter’s license plate — it had a Michigan State alumni frame and a green “S” on the left-hand side — helped lead investigators to Mr. Casteel."

No good can come from twitter, I keep telling you!- "In posts on Twitter, Mr. Casteel railed against President Obama, his health law and political corruption in the courts. In a cover letter on LinkedIn, which said he graduated from Michigan State with a degree in geoscience, he wrote of the “down economic environment.” A public defender at the arraignment in Livingston County said that family members had spoken of mental health problems."

And see, degrees from sparty are useless, what is geoscience? How to shoot from or at a moving Geo? As he had a Chevy Malibu he must have gone on to advanced courses somewhere.

Someone should perform a check from east landfill police records and see if this idiot ever attacked other students on sparts campus. Ya know along the lines of the Rather Hall, Hockey house, any number of other violence that has been perpetrated on campus in east landfill. I just may be onto something here...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am

Chilling story, to be sure...though not nearly so tragic (only one wounded victim) as the eerily-similar Washington DC-area shootings of a few years back, when several were killed.

But to a man, 2nd, I think you're stepping a bit over the top by railing against "evil Sparty" as a direct correlation to this incident. You, I, and thinking people everywhere (dwindling a set as that seems to be) know full-well that there are good and bad everywhere. Don't post this on the worthless (MLive) forum, if you don't want to be inundated with 10 million "Ted Kaczynski" ripostes, by the way.

Beyond a shadow of doubt, this sick thug is evil...in many ways. "Mental health problems"? That's a bit of an understatement...as in the cases of Jared Loughner and James Holmes. And hopefully he'll not see the light of day again, save for glimpses from behind bars and razor wire.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Teddy attended UM-Dearborn from what I can tell...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/23/michigan-professor-unabomber-ted-kaczynski-potentially-a-kind-of-savior/

And that was grad. school, not undergrad where lives are formed...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:00 am

That's a bullshit distinction. Michmike is right. I have absolutely no use for spartina teams, but your blind hatred and mass condemnations do not seem to be an image you would want to project. Are there other large groups of people you subject to mass condemnation? That's the impression of yourself that you could be creating, at least to some.

Last edited by dwoody on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : artistic)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:31 am

I guess I see your point but yes, my utter hatred for sparty runs that deep. The sparty lifestyle killed one of my best friends. I won't go into it in-depth but he died, on spartys campus, as a Freshman when he was insanely drunk. The things that I see from sparty are just outrageous. I understand that college kids woill be college kids (yes I was one too at pone time) but come on, use an ounce of common sense sparty.

The weird thing is that I actually respect anyone whpo actually graduated from sparty, until they give me cause to no longer respect them. I mean afterall, even though I highly dislike that "school" it is a B1G University.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Since you raise that point, 2nd---while it's as little of my business as I noted Admin's suddenly-on-hold love life is, (read: NONE), perchance was the best friend tragically lost the one who, about a decade ago, downed 21 shots of a high-proof alcoholic beverage to celebrate his 21st?

Yes, that is a sickeningly-idiotic "custom", which is a blackhole-sized black eye on MSU's image...simply because from what I've read and heard, it's just that: a custom.

Should you incline not to comment on his story, I understand; your ancedote just piqued my curiosity.

Regardless, he was a very young man, and my regrets go with you (and his family)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm

He didn't die from alcohol poisoning. Rather a train ran him over while he was drunk. God rest your soul Bern, I'll always be thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Tragic stuff. 'N.S.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Shocked me. He was always such a big guy, 6'3", 225 and pure muscle that upon hearing about it I thought that he'd win that battle. Alas, that was a coping mechanism for me. Sad
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm just glad this guy has finally been caught. My family has a summer cottage in Muskegon and my parents take I-96 to and from every time they go. They were coming back 2 weeks ago on I-96 and the traffic was backed up for miles because of the shooting of the guy who was on his way to the World Series. There were bloodhounds and police officers everywhere.

At least now I don't have to worry about them anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:04 am

Glad to hear you and your family have that fear off your shoulders, WH...and far more so, that none of you, like all but one of the intended targets, were injured.

Speaking of that one...he should recover fully. Had it been this idiot himself, he'd have expired by now...given that, where the bullet struck, he'd have incurred fatal brain damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: I-96 shooter   OT: I-96 shooter Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: I-96 shooter
Page 1 of 1