Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A very bittersweet Saturday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A very bittersweet Saturday Empty
PostSubject: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

This Saturday will be very bittersweet.

It always sucks when it's the last home game of the season, but we're also sending out some very quality young men.

I can guarantee a tear for Shoelace and Kovacs when I watch them walk up that tunnel for the last time.

I'm glad I'll be there for it, though, to let them know just how much I've appreciated the way they've competed and represented our beloved Maize and Blue.

I'll be sad over some others, I'm sure, but those two in particular will be tough to see walk up the tunnel after the game.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Seriously a tear? I love what they have brought to UM, but players come and go, that's the nature of college football. But they will be missed, until they strap it up and start next season.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

You're going this weekend? Hopefully no car issues this time.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 pm

I've never had that feeling for any of the football players at Michigan. The hockey guys that I knew yes but that was more personal. I knew them as people, not just players.

Hockey is a little different too (it's on a much smaller scale for one). Each Senior takes their last lap around the ice with their parents typically present. A spot-light follows them around the ice and then all the Seniors kikss the Block-M at Center ice while the band plays "The Victors". It is somewhat somber because you know how much blood, sweat, and tears they have put into that program for 4 years. OTOH, odds are pretty good that those players will be reaching their ultimate goal of playing in the NHL soon.

So I get it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Mike Hart is my all time favorite Michigan football player and I remember his last game. I stood outside after the Capitol One Bowl after the game against Florida and waited with several of the other UM fans to see the players get on the buses. As Mike was walking by the guy next to me yelled "Thanks Mike, we'll miss you." Mike was walking with his head down. He seemed somber, almost as if he was reflecting or coming to terms with the reality of his UM playing days being over. His last walk to the bus, literally.

Mike looked up with a half smile. It was almost as if he was wearing the smile on his face to hide the frown on his heart. It was kind of sad for me to see. Unlike admin I didn't shed a tear, It wasn't like losing a loved pet or anything like that but I did feel that hint of hurt and sadness and that pain in my heart because like Mike, it had hit me and I was coming to terms with the reality that I would never see Mike play in a UM jersey again.

I imagine that's the point admin is trying to make with Denard and Kovacs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very bittersweet Saturday   A very bittersweet Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

A very bittersweet Saturday
Page 1 of 1