Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  Empty
PostSubject: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 am

The Domers into 1st place. If only UM had beaten Nebraska. Oh well. Heading to Michigan tomorrow for the week. Will be nice to be on Michigan soil to watch UM beat down on the Nuts.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 am

That still pisses me off Hoke & coaching staff didn't have Gardner ready for Neb. I'm sure Bellomy is a good kid, possibly a future star. But going on the road to Lincoln, sat. night, what was at stake, knowing the risk that DR could get injured at anytime, needed a better back-up plan.

BTW, the idea of ND vs Bama for title game is disgusting. But because I love FB, of course I'll watch it. Just don't 2 SEC teams again if ND loses to USC.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 am

Hate to poop your party, boo, but if USC beats Notre Dame---which they've historically had a habit of doing in situations just like this year's (unbeaten ND, multiple-loss USC), esp. at the Coliseum---an All-SEC BCS title game seems almost a given, what with Nos. 2,3,4 all SEC teams (those rankings reflecting KSU's and Oregon's losses)....Ala., Ga., Fla.

Not that I'd be at all thrilled about ND getting the chance to play in (and get ridiculously lucky in) the big game, by the way...though I can't possibly see them beating Alabama in any event...particularly a once-beaten Bama with the "unbeaten" pressure-monkey off its back. And one that, obviously, knows the ropes, and feeling, of playing in that game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 am

ND is going to get SMOKED by Alabama.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Looking at some possibilties for BCS title game. Florida: goes to FSU this weekend, chance to lose, which would their 2nd. Bama/Georgia: Winner to title game, loser will have 2nd loss. SC, LSU, A & M already have 2 losses.

Oregon: at OSU, if wins, still only 1 lost. KSU: host Texas, with win, only 1 loss. ND: loses to USC, finishes 11-1. Stanford: if lose to UCLA, Ducks play for PAC 12 title, play a 10-2 UCLA team. If Duckw win, finish 12-1.

So my point, in the above scenario's, does a 1 loss Fla. St. move to 2nd & BCS title, or does Oregon jump to 2nd? OR Standford beats UCLA, goes to PAC 12 title. Oregon finishes 11-1, still jumps to 2nd.

I know SEC fans might complain, but Bama didn't win own div. last yr., yet we know they won title. Oregon could do the samething.

Looking at every possibility, looks like need Fla. St. to beat Fla. if we don't want an all SEC title game again.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 pm

I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but for the last few weeks I have hoped for an undefeated Irish team to go to the coliseum beat USC. Now that Oregon and K State lost I could care less.

My reasoning is simple, I really hate the fact that the SEC will have a team in the NC game again (and possibly two as michmike said).

Go_Blue posted this back on August 29 and it's so dead accurate that it gets me fired up.

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

Right after I read this article #9 South Carolina barely escaped a lowly Vanderbuilt team in their season opener. When that happened do you think South Carolina got trashed by the media and dropped in the polls? No..... all that ESPN could report was how "complete" the SEC is. If that would've happened in the B1G or the ACC or the Pac12 or any other conference for that matter ESPN would have put the "just goes to show how terrible the conference is" spin on it. Then five weeks later SC was ranked #3 but there is no way in hell that a team from the Big12, like Oklahoma for example could have lost a close opener to a terrible team and even had a chance to be ranked so high just a short time later.

I'm not saying the SEC isn't the best conference. It clearly is but the way the sportswriters and the media have sucked their c*cks over the last decade has given them an unfair advantage in the polls and I was really happy that it seemed that this year it would be different with the SEC teams all having a loss and there still being three undefeated teams to vie for the NC game.

I guess that's not gonna happen now. Thanks a lot K State and Oregon.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:40 pm

I was thinking same thing, Lou holtz & ESPN are giving each other hand jobs over the possiblity of ND vs Bama/Georgia. ( Thats an ugly visual, sorry)Florida is sneeking by some shitty teams, yet ESPN sucking c#ck as you said.

Plus top teams some how don't play eack other. Georgia, no Bama, LSU or A&M. Florida, no Bama, S. Carolina, no Bama, lost to the tough teams they did play. Its a joke
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 pm

booboo wrote:
...Plus top teams some how don't play eack other. Georgia, no Bama, LSU or A&M. Florida, no Bama, S. Carolina, no Bama, lost to the tough teams they did play. Its a joke...

booboo that is something that I overlooked but you are 100% dead on. This just fires me up that much more ha ha.

All kidding aside though, it's clearly going to be a 1 loss SEC champion vs Oregon, ND or possibly Flor St. Kansas St dropped too far to get back into the NC game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults    Awesome day.  UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose.  Unfortunately that catapults  Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome day. UM slaps the heel out of Iowa, K State and the Quacks lose. Unfortunately that catapults
Page 1 of 1