Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"The Game" NSFW-Don't read if you have high blood pressure or if you do not want your day ruined.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

"The Game"  NSFW-Don't read if you have high blood pressure or if you do not want your day ruined. Empty
PostSubject: "The Game" NSFW-Don't read if you have high blood pressure or if you do not want your day ruined.   "The Game"  NSFW-Don't read if you have high blood pressure or if you do not want your day ruined. EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm

You were warned.

Ok so the post I wanted to ease into. Here goes:

What the fuck happened on Saturday? I get that it is easy to play arm chair QB but isn't it fair to expect a OC that gets paid big $$$ to know what the fuck he is doing? Shouldn't he be able to recognize what works and what doesn't? They attempted consecutive runs to try to get 1st down on short yardage plays. I think Devin was out of the game more than he was in it the third and most of the 4th quarter. I feel terrible for that kid getting yanked around the way he did. DR still can't throw and for two weeks and I kept laughing when they were still able to run the ball even though the other team knew what was coming. The laughter stopped the second half on Saturday. Ohio finally put a stop to DR's zone read and Borges had his head up his ass to change anything.

I was watching people's comment on Twitter. A lot of them were calling for more DR. Seriously??? He was a non-factor the second half. I don't know what his numbers were for the second half but rushing had to be close to zero and he fumbled. Not entirely his fault as I said before, Ohio made adjustments and stopped the run. There was not a single play in the second half that I can recall where DR and DG were in the game at the same time. Big mistake. With no threat to throw stopping our running attack was easy.

I am about done with Rawls, hell I am close to being done with Fitz, except he was great last year. I realize our line may not be great with run blocking but that kid (Rawls)went down with first contact all day. He's supposed to be our power back. Go back and watch the game and watch Hopkins blocking at fullback. Fucking horrible. There was one running play where he just stopped and never made a block. They should have sat his ass.

The defense was outstanding. Constantly they were put in bad positions and they answered the call every time. I felt fucking horrible for those guys. They played their asses off. They deserved better. Kovacs deserved better.

It's hard to know what goes on with coaches during the games. This loss goes on Borges. That said, I fault Hoke for not having a headset on for most of Saturday. I know it's his thing but but god damn he needs to step up in times where things are not going so well. Auto-pilot works fine when everything is operating smoothly but when the plane is crashing you want to know the pilot is at the controls. I did not see that happen on Saturday.

Saturday made all my bad LC memories come back. The offense just went into a shell. Conservative play calling. I know time heals all and many only choose to remember the good times/positives with LC but I refuse to and Saturday is why. Saturday's loss was had LC written all over it. We played not to lose and we lost. LC is a good person at heart and did a lot of for the university outside of football. Hoke is much of the same and I worry we will end up with LC part 2. I do not want the next 5-7 seasons to end up with 8-4 or 9-3 and always losing to Ohio. I can't fucking take that again. While I believe in Hoke and what he is doing I worry that ultimately his strength will be his weakness-Loyalty. If Borges continues to pull this shit will Hoke have the balls to fire him? I just do not think he will without a tremendous amount of pressure to do so. He is a good person in a position where good people get swallowed up. The "best coaches" are the shadiest m'fers Kiffin, Meyer, Tressel, etc.

I am not trying to condemn the program after one bad game. I am merely sharing my thoughts and concerns after what I observed last Saturday. I am still behind Hoke 100% but I do have some concerns. Borges is a big one.

End Rant

Back to top Go down

"The Game" NSFW-Don't read if you have high blood pressure or if you do not want your day ruined.
Page 1 of 1