Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heard on ESPN Radio this morning

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Heard on ESPN Radio this morning Empty
PostSubject: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am

That Barry Alvarez will coach the Rose Bowl. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 am

I think Barry is coming off of like an ego maniac. This wreaks of "who would be better to lead this team than me?" Many think Barry's shadow is one of the reasons Bret defected. I am sure the assistants felt the same and now they have to work with him to get this team ready.

This would have been a good opportunity to try out one of the coordinator's for the HC gig. That's what most programs in this situation do.

Name the coach with the most seniority in the B1G? It's amazing to think of the turnover that has taken place within the conference.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:26 am

WillieMfan wrote:
I think Barry is coming off of like an ego maniac. This wreaks of "who would be better to lead this team than me?" Many think Barry's shadow is one of the reasons Bret defected. I am sure the assistants felt the same and now they have to work with him to get this team ready.

This would have been a good opportunity to try out one of the coordinator's for the HC gig. That's what most programs in this situation do.

Name the coach with the most seniority in the B1G? It's amazing to think of the turnover that has taken place within the conference.

I'm with you 100% on this. It is a slap in the face to the assistants. I would not be shocked of BA hired himself as the next coach.

Without looking it up, it has to be Kirk Farentz at the coach with the most seniority. Probably Fitzgerald 2nd.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 am

Ah good call on Farentz. Forgot about him. I was thinking it might actually be Dantonio.

Farentz better have a better year next year or he may be the next to go.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

It is Ferentz #1 and Fitzgerald #2. They commented about that on our game against NU.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 am

According to this the team captains reached out to Alvarez.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1434574-barry-alvarez-will-reportedly-coach-wisconsin-badgers-in-rose-bowl

Is he going to be the next Bill Snyder?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeesh. What does that say about the other coaches?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm

The captains reached out to him, I think, for one reason: he has a 3-0 Rose Bowl record.

And those captains are coming off two straight losses in the Rose Bowl, aren't they (Oregon and TCU?)?

I don't know what to think of this move. He told the media today that this will only be a one-and-done situation.

As for not using one of the assistants as the interim, this paints a very clear picture that he has zero plans to hire from within.

It was discussed a bit here yesterday, but depending on how fragile the bridge is between UW and Paul Chryst, I think that's the guy Barry goes after.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I've heard he is interested in Narduzzi. That would be a good hire for them if you ask me. The guy has been a really good DC. I think when he leaves MSU, and he will, they will really go in the tank. He has been Dantonio's DC at both Cincy and MSU. He is the reason they have had some success in the recent past. Not MD.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm

Narduzzi would definitely be a good get.

Good call, fish.

And I agree, once Narduzzi exits EL stage left (or stage west, for Wisconsin, perhaps), we'll begin to see MSU slip again (although they took the first step in doing that this season with him still there).

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Narduzzi would definitely be a good get.

Good call, fish.

And I agree, once Narduzzi exits EL stage left (or stage west, for Wisconsin, perhaps), we'll begin to see MSU slip again (although they took the first step in doing that this season with him still there).

They did, but the D was as strong as ever.

Look, Treadwell was with Dumbtonio starting at Cincy. He came to MSU. The offense was pretty good. He left, and the offense goes down the crapper. Of course it was good last year, but he left a lot of seniors. Narduzzi goes, and I think the D goes with him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 pm

You're right, the defense didn't really decline this season by any means.

And you're also correct about Treadwell.

MD must be crapping his britches at the thought of losing his top two assistants within two years.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:07 pm

The only interest I've seen in narduzzi is from MAC schools.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:18 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

Willie you hit the nail right on the head. I can basically cut and paste the exact thing you just said from e-mails from all of my Wisconsin fan friends (and I have a bunch)

WillieMfan wrote:
Yeesh. What does that say about the other coaches?

Let's not forget that Wisconsin had MAJOR changes at their coaching positions through the off season and even during the season. That said, Matt Canada (their OC) is a proven coach who I think would be ready for the job.

The rumors I'm hearing out of badgernation is they are targeting Mel Tucker or Darell Bevell. Makes sense. They are alumns with NFL coaching experience.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Yea I have been talking a lot to my buddy who live in Madison but is a Buckeye fan. He's been giving me the Wisky fan perspective. Funny you should mention Canada. My buddy mentioned him yesterday as well. Looks like Barry just blew up that possibility. Stupid. Could have been a good opportunity to give the guy a try out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know about Matt Canada.

I spent a lot of time around that guy for many of his days down in Bloomington, as the OC of IU.

I don't see him leading an entire team/staff. Maybe that's just me, but again, based on all the time I spent around him, I just don't see it.

I've always chalked him up as a lifer assistant.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't know about Matt Canada.

I spent a lot of time around that guy for many of his days down in Bloomington, as the OC of IU.

I don't see him leading an entire team/staff. Maybe that's just me, but again, based on all the time I spent around him, I just don't see it.

I've always chalked him up as a lifer assistant.

but perfect for a guy like Barry who obviously likes to have puppets he can tell what to do. They wouldn't have to pay his big name money and Barry could remain the BMOC. Sounds like a good fit to me.

Also I don't think you can measure Canada by the success that Indiana had (or more appropriately did not have) because of the culture. But what he was able to do with NIU was pretty impressive.

I get your point though admin.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Great, great, great point, 'eggo.

I just got done reading a recap of Barry's presser, and boy, that's exactly what it sounds like.

"Brett used my plan" and "the next guy will have to understand how we do things around here".

"New coach, meet Barry, your puppet master."

Btw, Chryst is not an option:

http://deadspin.com/5966254/roger-goodell-was-a-narc-in-high-school-and-hes-proud-of-it

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heard on ESPN Radio this morning   Heard on ESPN Radio this morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Heard on ESPN Radio this morning
Page 1 of 1