Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days... Empty
PostSubject: Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...   Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

unbelievable that one of the top programs of the last 20+ years (I know, mighty struggles over the past 5-8 years or whatever) can't find someone interested in the position.

Well, Charlie Strong was interested, but he's decided to stay at Louisville after discussing it with his family.

Of all the schools with vacancies this offseason (Arkansas, Auburn, Cal, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Boston College, NC State, etc.), Tennesse is probably the most traditionally strong program of them all. Hell, you've got a 105,000 seat recruiting tool that certainly helps, a great fan base, etc.

I'm shocked with what's transpired in Knoxville over the last 3+ years between Kiffin, Dooley and now this.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...   Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 pm

They were only good for about 7 years. Personally i don't know why anyone would go there.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...   Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 pm

funny thing about your post Admin is that a couple of years ago at the height of my frustrations with the Rich Rod regime I was talking to my brother-in-law about Michigan's situation. I believe it was just after our blowout loss to Miss St. and we knew we were looking for a coach and it seemed like it was taking forever. And then Hoke was hired but it seemed like we whiffed because most everyone wanted Harbuagh or Miles. Anyway, my brother-in-law and I were sitting at a hole in the wall bar down the road from him house and he looked at me and said "Hey, at least we're not Tennessee."

I thought I understood what he meant with their coaching carousel and all but I think what he was talking about was their seemingly never-ending downward spiral.

One more thing... although Camp Randall only holds about 85K - 90K people it's just as impressive of a stadium and atmosphere to me and with the sustained success that their program has had I don't think I'd feel all that bad about arguing that Wisconsin is the best job out there. That said, Tennessee gets the nod when you talk about "traditionally" strong programs.

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...   Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tennessee literally can't buy a coach these days...
Page 1 of 1