Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next years best player might not even be on the roster.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Next years best player might not even be on the roster. Empty
PostSubject: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Assuming Burke and Hardaway both go pro this year, there is a good chance that Zak Irvin becomes our top scorer. He is the frontrunner for Indiana's Mr. Basketball this season and I'd be shocked if that doesn't get him a 5th star.

What we are bringing in (solid PG, great SG/SF, developing big man) is exactly what would be losing in Burke, Hardaway, and McLimans.

It is nice to be able to say that.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 pm

yep I've been hearing some really good stuff about Zak. Plus from the footage that I've watched on him (youtube, eric gordon all star website) he's real smooth. He plays like he's 6'8 but he's only 6'5. He's got a long frame and from what I can tell it seems to have made his defensive game pretty solid.

I can't wait to see him and Walton play together. It was right around the time the AAU circuit was closing up for the summer.

http://www.umhoops.com/2012/08/08/summer-in-review-zak-irvin/
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

He reminds me a lot of Manny Harris.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Zak will be good but I think next year is where Robinson and McGary come into there own. They will be solid this year but their still young. Another year of experience and strength training should them wonders.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:35 pm

True. This was a bad name for the thread. Where I think GRobIII will be a better player than Irvin, I see Irvin as more of a scorer.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm

It's looking good for the program that's for sure. I still see McGary and Grob as projects but at times you can see their potential. Irvin should be a good one too. Being in Indy they show a lot of highlights from his games.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Zak will be good but I think next year is where Robinson and McGary come into there own. They will be solid this year but their still young. Another year of experience and strength training should them wonders.

Agree, GRob will be a beast next year. I can see him getting close to 20 a game. If he comes back that is, which I'm not willing to assume the way things have gone the last three years.

On a somewhat related note, I'm not sure Hardaway is going to be a pro. I just don't think he has a good enough jumpshot. The rest of his game is good, but not great, and not good enough to make up for his lack of a jumpshot. I think part of the problem last year was shot selection though, so I expect him to shoot better this year (couldn't be much worse). I hope I'm wrong for his sake, but I also hope he comes back one more year.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Hardaway actually has an incredibly nice mid-range game / jumpshot. His 3pt shooting needs work, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next years best player might not even be on the roster.   Next years best player might not even be on the roster. Empty

Back to top Go down

Next years best player might not even be on the roster.
Page 1 of 1