Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Day Bitches!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Game Day Bitches!!! Empty
PostSubject: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

NW should be W for sure. They suck in every category but assists. Still it's a road game so that makes it important. Should have a good fan representation from the Chicago area. Good first conference road game for us. Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Struggle to overtime at NU last year. But I hear ya, should be a wind.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Gotta love Stauskas' confidence...even if it spills over to a bit of cockiness. Hell, an outside shooter must have confidence, and constantly. Besides, as Frank Broyles said while guest-casting one of our 1997 team's games, on Chas. Woodson: "It ain't braggin', if you can do it."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/01/canadian_swag_nik_stauskas_not.html
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 pm

With Hardaway questionable, it adds a little intrigue. We should still win, but I'm definitely a little more nervous. With us rolling through non-conference play, I've been looking forward to conference play for a few weeks now.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Frankly, I hope he plays only if the ankle's 100%...not 85%, not 90%...

We should be able to win cleanly (6-8 points) without him...Evanston or not.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

jjabilene wrote:
With Hardaway questionable, it adds a little intrigue. We should still win, but I'm definitely a little more nervous. With us rolling through non-conference play, I've been looking forward to conference play for a few weeks now.

Now that I've looked at the pre-game writeup of the game, NW looks even less foreboding. They lost their best player from last year, plus a couple more rotation guys, a starter is suspended for the year and two other starters (including Drew Crawford, their best player) are out with injuries. I guess us now having Hardaway and Horford would be less of a big deal given all that.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 am

Well, the future is now the past in terms of that game, and it's obvious how little of a "deal" NW was, with us with Timmy, who was not only able to play, but flat-out on fire from the outside...had to make pa and grandpa happy and proud.

We aren't going to win many games, B10 or otherwise, more convincingly or more easily than last night's. As the announcer said after Nik hit his second three, and on back-to-back possessions Trey fed alley-oop slams to Tim and Jordan: "Man, do they have some weapons!"

That euphoria said, the B10 season---with so many Top-25 teams---has scarcely begun, and the NCAA tourney is a l-o-o-o-o-n-g way off...
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:00 pm

I agree that the B1G season's best has yet to come. That said I won't dismiss last night's performance as JUST being NW sucks. Michigan has played some shit teams this year and have had a tendency to let teams back in games. Last night, against a B1G opponent on the road, they put the pedal to the medal and did not let up. That was great to see. I really think Michigan was uninspired at times early in the season. Now that conference play has begun, opposing teams will have their full attention.

IU will still be a battle. I am saying 2-3 losses max this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Day Bitches!!!   Game Day Bitches!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day Bitches!!!
Page 1 of 1