Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Day!!! Minny Edition

Go down 
+4
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
Go_Blue
WillieMfan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Game Day!!!  Minny Edition Empty
PostSubject: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Big game tonight!! Need the boys to bounce back. I am nervous as hell as usual. Go blue!
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:37 pm

This is going to be a big game tonight. We will see what kind of mettle this Team has.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:23 pm

16 -15 score, 11:30 left in the first and M has four frosh in the game (stauskas, GR3, Bielfeldt and Levert) with Hardaway. they played one hell of a defensive series too. Interesting.

Also, Hardaway is lighting it up. Let's go boys.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Tim's on fire. 12 pts in the first 10 min
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Burke wearing #12 is weird
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Michigan played very poorly,but not as bad as Minny foul shooting alot of fouls called , michigan getting a win in the barn is agood thing but there wasn't anything pretty about it.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:24 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Michigan played very poorly,but not as bad as Minny foul shooting alot of fouls called , michigan getting a win in the barn is agood thing but there wasn't anything pretty about it.

Huh? Michigan played poorly? They beat a top-10 team on the road in the big ten. I think they played really well.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm

jjabilene wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

Huh? Michigan played poorly? They beat a top-10 team on the road in the big ten. I think they played really well.

I think they played two bursts of 5+ minutes each really well and shut down Minny at the same time which is ultimately what got them the win. I thought they fouled way too much but I'll take the win however we can get it. overall I liked their game tonight.

Vitale and Tirico calling the O$U at UM game on the 5th. I like that combination.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Transition game was dominant for most of the first half. They took perfect advantage of Minnesota's turnovers.

Unreal game by Hardaway. Solid game by Burke.

Free throws continue to be a problem. We should have been able to breathe easier towards the end.

Some of the shot selection with 4 minutes to go was questionable. Like the OSU game, they were attempting 3's with 25 seconds left on the shot clock.

All around, an impressive road win over a good team. Too bad Lennay Kekua couldn't live to see it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Too bad Lennay Kekua couldn't live to see it.

Holy shit he's on a roll folks!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 am

I thought the refs were calling way to many loose ball fouls. Two guys going for a ball on the floor, there is going to be contact. They should let that go, and I mean for both teams.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am

Upon further review I thought it was a great game. Prior to tip I think any one of us would have said they would be glad to pull out a win. Any win. Now that they won people want to knit pick and criticize them for not blowing them out from start to finish. They were the #8 team in the country!!! WTF?

Basketball is a game of runs. You're never going to have 40 minutes of 20-3 runs. Certainly not against a team as talented as Minnesota.

The game was on the road in a hostile environment against the #8 team in the country. Michigan not only won but they outscored them in both halves.We won by 8 and pretty much led the whole game.

Good game by the maize and blue. Now we have a week to wait for Purdue. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 am

Yeah, weird scheduling. Thursday to Thursday.

I agree, great win. To beat a top 10 team on the road is always a great win.
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 am

any win on the road in the big this year is huge and for us to go into a hostile environment like minny, not having beat a top 15 team on the road since 2005 and having just lost a gut-wrencher to you know who-this was a great win!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I know it was only one move, and only 2 points, but Spike Albrecht's stop and go lay in off the high glass was a sweet move. I was surprised that he had that in him.

Also, you can see Lavert's confidence building. Those two will help this teams depth and will help this team in the B1G and the Tournament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Hey don't get me wrong as I said a win in the Barn is a great win! But from like the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half when Michigan had a chance to put the game away they just couldn'nt finish it . Minny had free throw after free throw clank of the rim if they make 2/3 of them its a whole different game nMichigan got alot of pressure from Minny's defense. I thought Coach left Robinson on the bench a little to long. He went with Levert and Jordan . Mc gary come in and gives the team alot of energy.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I thought the refs were calling way to many loose ball fouls. Two guys going for a ball on the floor, there is going to be contact. They should let that go, and I mean for both teams.

Especially being that the B1G is known for it's physical play.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:14 pm

You mean Mitch Microwave McGary? Lets see if we have any old school Pistons fans here. I love what Mitch gives us off of the bench. I see more minutes in his future.

As far as the game went, I still contend it is a game of runs. You're going to have some cooling off periods. That is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:16 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
You mean Mitch Microwave McGary? Lets see if we have any old school Pistons fans here. I love what Mitch gives us off of the bench. I see more minutes in his future.

As far as the game went, I still contend it is a game of runs. You're going to have some cooling off periods. That is to be expected.

Yep but Morgan seemed to really get it going in the 2nd which was nice to see. Microwave Mitch, HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Day!!! Minny Edition   Game Day!!!  Minny Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day!!! Minny Edition
Page 1 of 1