Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? Empty
PostSubject: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 am

I am starting to consider getting a projection tv and was wondering if any of you have one? In the past I have not been a fans because they seem like picture is not as good. They lack the color and vividness you get from a tv. Now they are coming out with projections that do everything-1080p, 3D etc. The idea of a 100in. screen has me salivating as well.

Let me know if you have one and if you like it. I am thinking of something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_278HC8350/Epson-PowerLite-Home-Cinema-8350.html
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

a buddy of mine has one and he projects it to the wall on the other side of his room. it actually looks great! The only thing he had to do was buy some special paint and paint that wall that he was projecting the picture to. It was a very monotone-type grey color but it didn't look that bad. I guess if you're going with a screen though it won't matter. Oh yeah and he put a cable jack in the ceiling by where the projector is mounted so he had to run the wiring in the attic/crawl space above and accidentally put a hole in the ceiling.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Did somehow this forum get transported back to the 1970's?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Hmmmm...was not aware there was a paint.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

A good friend of mine has a 120 inch projection TV in his basement. Full HD. It is a great picture. He has it set up like a movie theater. It has really good picture. No special paint. He has the screen on the wall, but he framed it in and it looks good. All of the equipment is behind the wall, to include the DirecTv receiver, bluray player and sound system. He has an infered remote. It is a pretty sweet set up.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm

WillieMfan wrote:

He just got the paint because he didn't want a screen, he just wanted to project the picture on to the wall. To be honest I think the paint he got is just a flat paint and not a glossy paint to keep the glare down. he's known to be a sucker at times and probably overpaid a few dollars for a can of paint that he could've gotten at home depot. I can't say for sure but when I see him I'll ask and I'll let you know.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
A good friend of mine has a 120 inch projection TV in his basement. Full HD. It is a great picture. He has it set up like a movie theater. It has really good picture. No special paint. He has the screen on the wall, but he framed it in and it looks good. All of the equipment is behind the wall, to include the DirecTv receiver, bluray player and sound system. He has an infered remote. It is a pretty sweet set up.

120 in. Would be awesome. We went from a 27 in to a 42 in LCD and that was a nice step up.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

He just got the paint because he didn't want a screen, he just wanted to project the picture on to the wall. To be honest I think the paint he got is just a flat paint and not a glossy paint to keep the glare down. he's known to be a sucker at times and probably overpaid a few dollars for a can of paint that he could've gotten at home depot. I can't say for sure but when I see him I'll ask and I'll let you know.

Yea I am curious to see if it was a special paint.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 pm

I bought a Epson 8350 tonight. Got it hooked up in time for the BB game tonight. Watched the boys play on a 120 in. screen. Awesome. Bring on the IU game Saturday, the Super Bowl on Sunday, the B1G tourney and March Madness! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?   OT: Anyone have a Projection TV? Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Anyone have a Projection TV?
Page 1 of 1