Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...

Go down 
+5
BetterThansparty
GOBLUEJOE66
WillieMfan
TheBigHouse
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... Empty
PostSubject: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm

That's what I'm reading on Twitter today.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:49 pm

This same rumor went around earlier this month and was proven to be a hoax. I'm not sure if it's the same thing or if it's really true this time, though.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 pm

We need info people!! Is he sti considered a commit?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Admin wrote:
That's what I'm reading on Twitter today.

This might be a bad sign...some Bama people told me a few weeks ago, and I posted it on here, that Poggi was going to switch to Bama...I so hope this is not true!!! if he does, and Green goes to Auburn...life WILL be miserable here for me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm

I recall you posting that here Joe. If Poggi does switch, you get the credit for breaking that.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd rather no credit is needed!!! BTW...it is all over MGOBLOG that he and his dad are in Tuscaloosa now...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm

But you said that some inbred 'bama fans were saying that it was a done-deal. I guess we'll see if Nick the prick can steal one from Michigan. Since Poggi is being open about it I'm assuming that Coach Hoke has pulled his offer, temporarily at least?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Poggi is still listed as committed to Michigan on both scout and rivals. Either they're late on the news or there is no actual news?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 pm

The page on mgoblog has been taken down....

RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mgoblog.com:8080/mgoboard/henry-poggi-official-visitor-bama-weekend

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

BTW, Poggi is now our #1 recruit after recruits have been re-evaluated. It has been talked about Shane losing a star her before but not that Poggi, who didn't move at all, is now #1.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/01/henry_poggi_becomes_michigans.html

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
But you said that some inbred 'bama fans were saying that it was a done-deal. I guess we'll see if Nick the prick can steal one from Michigan. Since Poggi is being open about it I'm assuming that Coach Hoke has pulled his offer, temporarily at least?

I did say that 2nd, but even married kin can find the perfect cousin to have children that come out with only 2 eyes!!! Smile Gut is saying it's gonna be a really bad Sat for the U of M faithful!! Sad

Go Blue
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Ok my brother-in-law just told me that his dad Biff Poggi (great name by the way) is the head coach of Poggi's high school football team and he is taking a few of his players down to Bama for a visit. Apparently Poggi is just tagging along to visit some friends. I'm sure they are aware of Hoke's "No Visit" policy and have talked to Hoke about the trip and it not being a visit for Henry. On the other hand this could be a very clever way of getting a visit in without Hoke knowing but if that were the case why wouldn't he just decommit in the first place.

I wouldn't put it past Slick Nick to try and get in his ear and get him to go to Bama. It's public knowledge they really want him but I think I heard or read somewhere that they recruited him as a TE. I might be wrong about that though.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:53 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...even married kin can find the perfect cousin to have children that come out with only 2 eyes!!!
Go Blue

2 eyes or 2 IQ points? Ya know what happens when you narrow the gene-pool...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rightturnforever.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Dumb-People-4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theofficebodybuildingworkout28918.yuku.com/topic/7631/David-Bolton-Interview---Building-Muscle--Stupidly-Light-Wei&h=767&w=510&sz=55&tbnid=jppOPi22cFmcSM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=60&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddumb%2Blooking%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dumb+looking&usg=__9KCIKmablzNM7eVws5slcydeX5o=&docid=FyGsJcJs8lyKNM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Q0QDUcvRPOi_ygGd6ICIBg&sqi=2&ved=0CD4Q9QEwBQ&dur=1047

http://www.dnaalert.net/downloads/tonarrowagenepoolisdangerous.pdf

Thanks 'eggo. Yea I was thinking that it was something like that. Please note, not that exact scenario but maybe he has a brother/sister thining about going to school there? Something like that...
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...even married kin can find the perfect cousin to have children that come out with only 2 eyes!!!
Go Blue

2 eyes or 2 IQ points? Ya know what happens when you narrow the gene-pool...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rightturnforever.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Dumb-People-4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theofficebodybuildingworkout28918.yuku.com/topic/7631/David-Bolton-Interview---Building-Muscle--Stupidly-Light-Wei&h=767&w=510&sz=55&tbnid=jppOPi22cFmcSM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=60&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddumb%2Blooking%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dumb+looking&usg=__9KCIKmablzNM7eVws5slcydeX5o=&docid=FyGsJcJs8lyKNM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Q0QDUcvRPOi_ygGd6ICIBg&sqi=2&ved=0CD4Q9QEwBQ&dur=1047

http://www.dnaalert.net/downloads/tonarrowagenepoolisdangerous.pdf

Thanks 'eggo. Yea I was thinking that it was something like that. Please note, not that exact scenario but maybe he has a brother/sister thining about going to school there? Something like that...

Trust me 2nd...I see and hear the narrowing of the gene pool EVERY day!! SmileSmile

I hope that is true...and my gut is wrong about Green as well..will gladly admit I was wrong!

Go Blue!!! Smile

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:15 am

LOL... And if/when you are wrong I'll remind you. Everyday.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:23 am

wtf? why is this asshole taking a visit now? let him go. he's a moron taking a visit now after being "committed" for so long. we could have had another DT lined up.

has it ever crossed anyone's mind, (and more, anyone here in the know?) could this be part of a sick recruiting tactic?

IE: Saban, or any other sleaze (more likely Cryer) has a kid commit to a rival, only to have him purposely pull out at the last minute in order to screw a program up?

I don't see the incentive for an SEC team to do this to UM, but just wondering if anyone has ever thought about this in general, and/or would OLIEO be capable of doing this to us?

Let me say I think it's doubtful that this is the case w/us and Poggi, but does this go on in recruiting?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
LOL... And if/when you are wrong I'll remind you. Everyday.

If I am wrong on both...FIRE AWAY....everyday!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:17 am

An OSU blogger is reporting that Hoke went to Poggi about playing offense. He believes that may be what prompted him to take a look at BAMA. Just another theory to throw into the mix.
Back to top Go down
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 am

WillieMfan wrote:
An OSU blogger is reporting that Hoke went to Poggi about playing offense. He believes that may be what prompted him to take a look at BAMA. Just another theory to throw into the mix.

Why would Hoke go to an unsigned recruit and talk about changing positions? If he was thinking that, he would do it after the kid was signed and was in practice, or he would have been saying that when he was recruiting the kid before the kid committed.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 am

I'll post this again a bit further down the thread in case a few you didn't see it on the previous page.

I really don't think we have anything to worry about here.

Poggi's dad Biff Poggi (great name by the way) is the head coach of Poggi's high school football team and he is taking a few of his players down to Bama for a visit. Apparently Poggi is just tagging along to visit some friends. I'm sure they are aware of Hoke's "No Visit" policy and have talked to Hoke about the trip and it not being a visit for Henry. On the other hand this could be a very clever way of getting a visit in without Hoke knowing but if that were the case why wouldn't he just decommit in the first place.

I wouldn't put it past Slick Nick to try and get in his ear and get him to go to Bama. It's public knowledge they really want him but I think I heard or read somewhere that they recruited him as a TE. I might be wrong about that though.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 am

TheBigHouse wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Why would Hoke go to an unsigned recruit and talk about changing positions? If he was thinking that, he would do it after the kid was signed and was in practice, or he would have been saying that when he was recruiting the kid before the kid committed.

This may come as a total shock but he may have wanted to be honest with him. Kind of shady to recruit a kid and let him think he is going to play one position and then you get him on campus and tell him your moving him. Coaches do this all the time. I am not saying this is what happened but sharing something I read that sseems plausibe.
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'll post this again a bit further down the thread in case a few you didn't see it on the previous page.

Poggi's dad Biff Poggi (great name by the way) is the head coach of Poggi's high school football team and he is taking a few of his players down to Bama for a visit. Apparently Poggi is just tagging along to visit some friends. I'm sure they are aware of Hoke's "No Visit" policy and have talked to Hoke about the trip and it not being a visit for Henry. On the other hand this could be a very clever way of getting a visit in without Hoke knowing but if that were the case why wouldn't he just decommit in the first place.

I read this the first time you posted it. Do you have a link or anything? I figured your post was just one of the many theories/rumors being floated around (including the one I posted).
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am

WillieMfan wrote:

This may come as a total shock but he may have wanted to be honest with him. Kind of shady to recruit a kid and let him think he is going to play one position and then you get him on campus and tell him your moving him. Coaches do this all the time.

Nothing dishonest at all. You recruit them for one position, and then when they get there, move them to the position best for the team.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

that is cause for alarm...I am certain the Poggi's are not just tagging along. Poggi is the prize of his teammates. I won't be surprised to see Biff Poggi coaching in the NCAA if Bama nabs him from us. Didn't Gus Malzan land in the SEC because he directed a star recruit to Auburn?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:21 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Nothing dishonest at all. You recruit them for one position, and then when they get there, move them to the position best for the team.

We're talking two differant things. You're talking Will Campbell and I am talking Denard Robinson. When Denard was recruited schools wanted him at wr. RR was recruiting him at QB (originally as a DB). It was all out in the open and up front. Will was differant. He was moved from d-line to o-line out of need. Will got more playing time and filled a position of need. That happens sometimes when you have a need that gets filled. In Will's case it was not discovered that he would change positions until he was already at Michigan. Same with Hopkins. That said most players are told the position they are being recruited for in the very beginning. It's also common sense that you would know what position you are coming to play, especially for the recruits that we are talking about.

This is all very much common knowledge, not sure why this is even being called into question.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 am

I won't bring it up, but I am quite interested in what all of the inbred Bama fans will say to me today...I know there will be some stupid stuff said and I will do my best to just ignore it....but if you hear on the news about a Bama fan who had his one tooth knocked out...well, I'm just a sayin!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am

Just as an aside, I saw someone mention Hoke's policy on recruits taking visits. In this case, I think the policy is irrelevant. The point of the policy is to allow the program to look at other recruits if a current commit shows he's not 100% committed by taking a visit to another school. However, at this time, the recruiting class is finished, so whether he leaves or not, we probably won't replace him. We may just have to wait until signing day to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:41 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I won't bring it up, but I am quite interested in what all of the inbred Bama fans will say to me today...I know there will be some stupid stuff said and I will do my best to just ignore it....but if you hear on the news about a Bama fan who had his one tooth knocked out...well, I'm just a sayin!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

Has been eeeeeriely quiet here in Bama land this morning. Maybe Billy Ray Bob Smith and his sister Sarah Bubba Sue Smith are getting married today and they are all out pickin up road kill for the reception!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...   Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend... Empty

Back to top Go down

Twitter: Poggi visiting Alabama this weekend...
Page 1 of 1