Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green Predictions

Go down 
+3
wshoes
uofmchris
WillieMfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Green is a great pick up. Many seem to think he dominate from day one. He does seem ready to play at 6'0 and 220 lbs. Might need to add 5 lbs. There are still other question marks-Relatively unproven o-line. The passing game is a relative unknown. Gardner is a much bigger threat to pass then DR was. That should help open the running game a little.

Anyone want to predict his numbers for next year? Be realistic. He will be a true freshman running behind a new line.

P.S.-I hope Fitz can make a full recovery. It looked like a pretty bad injury though.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm not too worried about the Oline now that Taylor is coming back.. If Green can live up to the hype, and at least bust a few nice runs each game, then that will open up the passing game for DG. All I have to say is PLAY ACTION PLAY ACTION PLAY ACTION PLAY ACTION... LOL. Michigan Football is here to stay!

I am gonna go with 1000 yards and 12 TD's for Green next season. Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm

1157 yd @5.3 per carry, 14 Tds, 12 catches for 114 yd and 1 TD.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Wow!! Some high expectations. I suppose they are not totally unobtainable. Your numbers would be around the same as Fitz's second year. Mike Hart's freshmen year:

Season Team GP Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
2004 Michigan 12 282 1,455 5.2 34 9 26 237 9.1 39 1

The main thing is Green needs to stay healthy. He certainly seems to have the build to get through a B1G season.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 am

I expect Rawls and Hayes to have their roles, and quite possibly DeVeon Smith. I'll go with 850 yards & 9 TDs rushing, 160 yds & 1 TD receiving.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:23 am

Health and adjustment to college both athletically and academically/socially are keys for sure. I was am am still, concerned about the O-line but Lewan's return was huge. Denard was an extraordinary runner to have made the absoulute most of the running room he got. But to some extent I think a really talented runner also inspires an O--line. Where just holding your block a moment longer, or pushing a guy a foot further can make the difference in breaking a guy I think a line realizes that and performs at their peak- whatever that might be.

Soph Fitz was very good- unlike others I didn't see any difference from his end last year- I chalk it up 98 percent to less running room. Mealer (loved his effort) was barely adequate. I do not see any fall-off at center and improvement is quite possible. We won't be Bama O-line good but if we are a little better and Green is on another level than Fitz then he can have a big year.

Rawls just isn't the guy except in mop-up/ spelling a guy role. Hayes did not get as much of a chance so it may be too early to say with him.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am

you all might laugh but I think Green is still a backup option next year. I think Hayes or Rawls get the start for the bulk of the season. Having spring ball experience is huge and I think Hayes or Rawls both capitalize on that. Being in a backup role with a mostly rookie OL I predict small numbers for Green. 90 attempts, 500 yds, 6 TDs. His sophomore year he blows it up.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm

The one position in college football where it is easiest for a talent to step on immediately is running back- Dorsett, Griffin, Walker, Mike Hart. If the talent edge is as big as I HOPE it is- if he can't beat out Rawls and Hayes, we will have an ordinary offense.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm so glad I was wrong on this one. UM is building a dominating o-line. I think with Lewan returning it will accelerate the process of the line getting good sooner rather than later. Green should come right in and start.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't have much hope for Hayes. He's a speedster not a tackle breaking pro style RB. I could see him moving to slot or DB. Rawls after all of Fred Jackson's hyperbole looked average. I think a healthy Fitz or Green is our best chance in the running game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

I think Hayes and Rawls will both be taking back seats to Green and Smith once they get their legs under 'em (i.e., once we enter Big Ten play).

I'm hoping for a full Fitz recovery, but I unfortunately don't expect to see too much out of him in 2013.

Green: 50-60% of the carries, over 1,000 yards and around 8 TDs.
Smith: 20% of the carries, 400-500 yards and a couple TDs.
Rawls/Hayes: the other 20-30% of the carries

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

Maybe we will get lucky and these underclassmen will light a fire under Rawls. With Fitz trying to recover from a serious injury it should be clear to him that he has a great oppertunity to be the starter next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Predictions   Green Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Green Predictions
Page 1 of 1