Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: UT bomb about to drop?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: UT bomb about to drop? Empty
PostSubject: OT: UT bomb about to drop?   OT: UT bomb about to drop? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Has anyone else read about this? Apparently many people in the the Texas athletic department are saying that a scandal is about to break.

It all has to do with the recently resigned Hall of Fame Track and Field coach, Bev Kearney, that admitted to having a relationship with one of her student athletes. She claims she was forced to resign. It appears that she is upset because when Major Applewhite was found to have an inappropriate relationship with a student, Texas only suspended his pay and afterward he was made the co-OC and received a hefty pay raise. Now Bev Kearney is saying that there are several coaches within UT athletics that have had or are having relationships with students and not only does the AD know about it but that the relationships have been and currently are being covered up. She says she's going to spill all of the beans on Texas. Uh oh!

She is also claiming that she was fired because hers was a lesbian relationship and she thinks it would have been different if it were a male. I believe she is also suing the school for wrongful termination.

Clearly this is nothing along the lines of a Penn St scandal but either way, it can't be good for Texas.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT: UT bomb about to drop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: UT bomb about to drop?   OT: UT bomb about to drop? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:31 pm

I heard about this more than a month ago. Really, hers and Applewhite's situations are completely different IMO. She was the HC and had influence on the athlete, and could use that to get what she wants. Applewhite was an assistant and had an affair with a student not under his supervision. I think if she had more to say she would have said it.

Oh, and I don't think it is because she is a lesbian, I think it is because she was the head coach and could directly impact the player's scholarship and even he membership on the team.
Back to top Go down

OT: UT bomb about to drop?
Page 1 of 1