Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying or Leaving?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Staying or Leaving? Empty
PostSubject: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Burke:
98% chance he goes.
Why would he stay? He won't. Barring something ridiculous in the tournament that makes him want to stay. His stock will never be higher. And it is a weak draft.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much will it hurt Michigan if he leaves? 8. Michigan has a really good Point Guard recruit coming in and has a solid backup in Albrecht. The team won't be as "screwed" as they were suppose to be when Darius Morris left and our next best ball handler was Stu Douglas. Walton doesn't have to be a Burke, he just has to be decent.

Tim Hardaway Jr.:
50% chance he stays.

Why would he stay? His freshman year, the team was Darius Morris' team. His sophomore year it was suppose to be his team, but he had a bad year. His Junior year, it is Trey Burke's team. He is a competitor and might look forward to being THE guy. He is also a 2nd round pick right now. He has the size / shot to be a decent 2 guard in the NBA and can bump his stock with a good year.

Why would he go? He will be drafted this year and it is a weak draft. If he stays and has a year like his sophomore year, he really hurts his prospects.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much will it hurt Michigan if he leaves? 4. Michigan has Stauskas and LeVert returning at the SG/SF position and is bringing in a Zak Irvin, a fringe 4 star/5 star wing.

GRIII:
75% chance he stays.

Why would he stay? He was the 4th scoring option on the team this year. Next year he will be at worst the 2nd or 3rd option and at best he uses his lottery pick talent and puts the team on his back. He is a mid first round pick right now and has the potential to play his way into a top 5 pick. Our "Freshman 5" have a really tight bond together, too. Three of them played AAU together (GRIII, McGary, Albrecht), so I could see them wanting to make a push together. Money may not be an issue, being GRII's son.

Why would he go? It is hard for a kid to hear that he will be drafted in the 1st round and say "nah". GRIII would be the perfect example of NBA teams drafting on potential.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much will it hurt Michigan if he leaves? 8. Not the he is as good as Burke, but we have someone who can hopefully lessen the impact of Burke leaving. We don't have any body on the bench or coming in that can play the 4 spot the way Beilein wants his 4 to play.

I hope that THJ and GRIII see that Manny Harris and Darius Morris left early and are not getting much NBA run. Burke stayed and boosted his stock from a 2nd round pick to a potential lottery pick.

My thoughts? GRIII stays, THJ and Burke go.

Last edited by hailtoyourvictor on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 am

Burke...gone

Hardaway...gone

Robinson...gone if he plays another game like he did on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:05 am

It's hard to know what Robinson and Hardaway will do, but if they both leave, we will once again be one of the youngest teams in the country. I still think GRIII is getting first round hype because of his name rather than his game, but that won't matter if he leaves.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:56 am

I don't think it is so much his name, but rather that NBA drafts on potential.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Mitch McGary is staying for sure which is great. We will have a really solid front court with McGary, Morgan, Hordford and Bielfeldt.

If GRIII leaves, I bet donnal doesn't redshirt. There will me a lot of minutes at the 4 that need to go somewhere.

I would think we'd see:

Walton (25mpg) Albrecht (15mpg)
Stauskas (32mpg) Albrecht (8mpg)
LeVert (20mpg) Irvin (15mpg)
Irvin (18mpg) Bielfeldt (7mpg) Donnal (5mpg) Morgan/Horford (5mpg)
McGary (30mpg) Morgan / Horford (10mpg)

That really isn't a bad rotation. Much better defensively than this years.

I wonder if Beilein pursues another 2013 recruit if he loses all three. Trey Ziegler is transferring from Pitt. Interesting thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staying or Leaving?   Staying or Leaving? Empty

Back to top Go down

Staying or Leaving?
Page 1 of 1