Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HYPE Showcase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

HYPE Showcase Empty
PostSubject: HYPE Showcase   HYPE Showcase EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:06 pm

The first annual HYPE showcase was held in Canton this week.

A lot of in-state kids were there and the coaches were there for evaluation. Anyway, I thought I'd pass on these few bits I found interesting.

DE Lawrence Marshall (Southfield) was there. As many know, he is a top Michigan target and will probably end up with UM. He performed really well but still occasionally struggles with bigger defenders. That's a little troubling considering the step up in competition he'll face at the college level.

Speaking of bigger defenders, 2015 OL Anthony Herbert (Lapeer East) was there. He was the only kid that could match up with Marshall and even threw Marshall to the ground once. Herbert is still raw. His technique needs a LOT of improvement but his potential is big. Michigan, Florida State and LSU have invited him to camp this year, and as of now he plans to attend UM and Fl St.

TE/LB Kyel Rachwal (Lapeer East) was there and showed well. Michigan is interested in him to play LB but his athleticism was a plus.

CB Jalen Watts-Jackson (Orchard Lake St Marys) is a guy that could get a Michigan offer. He only has two offers now (eastern Mich and Idaho) but Michigan, Michigan State and Iowa are starting to show interest. He's 6ft 180lbs so he's got the size that UM is looking for in a CB.

HYPE Showcase
Page 1 of 1