Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wilton Speight video

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Wilton Speight video Empty
PostSubject: Wilton Speight video   Wilton Speight video EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:16 pm

So here is a highlight video that I found on ESPN from Wilton at the elite 11 camp.

I know nothing about the QB position so does anyone on here have any educated comments to share?

My thoughts were that he is very nimble on his feet and his ball placement didn't look bad at all.

http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/clip?id=9306539&categoryid=4838609

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Wilton Speight video   Wilton Speight video EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:05 pm

I am in no way claiming to be an expert on QB's but I actually thought that he was very deliberate in his footwork and that results in slow, choppy steps. I did like his throwing mechanics though. His accuracy is also questionable, but he has yet to play one down in his Senior year at High School. I think that he has the potential to be something special. I never saw Henne in High School but I'm thinking that Wilton could possibly be Chad Henne 2.0, but what do I know?

Remember, I'm not a QB guru. That was just my opinion based off of one brief compilation of clips from A camp. Throw pads on him with defenders coming at him looking for blood and he may be something really special (or he might be like a deer in headlights)?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Wilton Speight video   Wilton Speight video EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Here's a new video on Wilton while he was here in San Diego this last weekend.

Again, I don't know much about QB mechanics but from what I could tell he looks like he needs to get his elbow up a bit to help with his accuracy.

Any knowledge that anyone could share would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/v/diZ39YFyuWU

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Wilton Speight video   Wilton Speight video EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:31 am

I said the same thing. His throwing motion is trash. Morris has elite mechanics, Speight....meh.

PostSubject: Re: Wilton Speight video   Wilton Speight video Empty

Back to top Go down

Wilton Speight video
Page 1 of 1