Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burke

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Burke Empty
PostSubject: Burke   Burke EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 pm

This kid continues to impress me. Is there a better ball handler in the country right now? If so I would love to see it. He reminds me a lot of Allan Iverson (practice? we talking practice?) with his ability to blow by defenders off of the dribble and get to the basket for an easy lay up.

My only concerns are-

1. He tires out. He is a freshmen and this is a long season from what he is used to. He plays a ton of minutes. We need him to get some rest for March.
2. He enters the NBA after this season. I do not think his numbers are too far from what Morris was but Burke is shooting better from the outside. Has anyone ever heard him say what his plans are for the future?

Hope he stay for another year or two.
Back to top Go down
navydoc8404

Burke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burke   Burke EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Really like Burke. He is a work in progress, and will continue to learn the system. He will get better. He has the ability to do what Beilein appears reluctant to do; take the ball to the basket. He is definitely fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Burke Empty
PostSubject: I'm not too concerned about Burke going pro...   Burke EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:55 pm

My personal feeling is that he'll be around for at least three years. I especially don't think he'll go after this year for a few reasons:

1)I don't think he's playing as well as Morris was last year. Last year, defenses geared their offenses to stop Morris, but Morris was so good he still got the job done. This year they are geared to stop Hardaway and Burke has benefited from that. Although Burke is a better shooter than Morris, Morris was much better at getting everyone involved in the offense. Morris was simply a great offensive player last year.

2)He's a freshman. You usually don't see them leave unless they are a complete lock for the 1st round. He's far from that.

3)He's five inches shorter than Morris. No matter how well he does in college, that will be a detriment to NBA scouts. I could see him being a decent backup PG in the NBA some day, but his draft stock will always be limited by his height somewhat.

Just my two cents, but I'm not as nervous about him leaving as I was about Morris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burke   Burke Empty

Back to top Go down

Burke
Page 1 of 1