Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off

Go down 
+6
joe
fishgoblue22
WolverineHistorian
booboo
wshoes
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off Empty
PostSubject: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:37 pm

http://mgoblog.com/content/five-alternative-uses-your-worthless-seat-pad

This is unbelievably shady/shitty/fucked up.

First they fist everyone with the new Dynamic Pricing model, and now we can't even use the OFFICIALLY LICENSED SEAT CUSHIONS WE BOUGHT IN THE PAST, WE HAVE TO RENT AN 'OFFICIAL' ONE AT THE STADIUM?

My God.

I'm heated. I am so extremely heated right now.

(Full disclosure: I don't even use a seat cushion, but this is still bullshit. I own one, but have very rarely taken it into the games.)
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Yes, I've said several times that as an AD Brandon is a great CEO. There are positives and negatives that come with his mindset.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

I went online this morning for tickets, found 2 ND tickets, was very excited until I saw the price $250 per ticket. Even CMU tickets where $100 per ticket. To steal a line from Full Metal Jacket, Your the kinda guy who would fuck a person in the ass & wouldn't have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach around. That's what I feel M-DB is doing to us. I understand supply/demand, as long as 105,000 to 110,000 plus people show up for every home game, nothing probably will change.

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

I hear your pain. I've been bringing my own Michigan seat cushions to games for ten years now. I can't imagine walking in the stadium without them. They're small, comfortable, convenient.

I was thinking earlier that unless security pads you down at the gates, you can easily hide them in your shirt because they're small enough. Then I got really depressed when I realized that it's gotten to the point where I have to contemplate sneaking my seat cushion into the big house. Yes, we've reached that point. Damn you, Dave Brandon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:43 pm

It's capitalism.  If people don't pay, it will go away, but if people do pay, it will stay.  That's my Dr. Sues version of supply and demand. It's just that easy.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Ok. I see where you guys are coming from. BUT

After spending $2000 you're gonna bitch about another $35?

You won't HAVE to carry your cushion in. Take it out at halftime. carry it around before the game...

Plus, those things have backs don't they?

One thing I see as a plus for cushions of any kind. They "stake" out your seat size.

C'mon ADMIN, you just got a huge bonus. qwitcherbitchin! lol
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:23 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but ever since 9/11 you weren't allowed to bring in your own seat cushions anyway. Don't blame this on DB, he's just making money off of something that has to be done for safetys sake anyway.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am

You are wrong 2nd. I carry in a cushion all the time.

Here's the biggest problem.

4 months ago they "sold" for a donation to Mott "Big House Approved" seat cushions at a fundraiser. Now, those seat cushions are not Big House Approved.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but ever since 9/11 you weren't allowed to bring in your own seat cushions anyway.  Don't blame this on DB, he's just making money off of something that has to be done for safetys sake anyway.

Nope. 9/11 was around the time I started bringing my UM cushions. They were always allowed inside the stadium. And about half the stadium had the exact same cushions that I have.

Those things are not a safety hazard. This is an embarrassingly dumb move by Brandon (or whoever thought of it.). Even our asses have a cover charge now.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:06 am

They re joking on WTKA right now about creating supplemental income in the stadium.

You need to take a whiz? There will be a donation box by the In door.

You see all the handicapped people come in with their oxygen? No more. They'll have to buy Michigan Approved Oxygen tanks to use inside the stadium.

These are tongue in cheek so don't go nuts on me ADMIN! lol
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:52 am

Watch the game from home for FREE. I know how exciting it is to be there, but at what cost?

Watch it home, better seats than anywhere in stadium. No traffic, no drinking and driving, entertain your buddies...

You can enjoy the game without making the rich richer.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 12:32 pm

I have gotten to the point where I do prefer most games at home. I would not go to a Super Bowl if the tickets were free. But I have two exceptions:

1) I still like to go to an occasional Tigers game, the sights and smells and sounds at the park trigger great memories.

2) I like to go to as many Michigan games as possible- its just the best experience out there.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Baseball better at the park. Football better from home. I will go to one game a year just for the fun of it, but I prefer to watch at home.

As for baseball, I go to about 6 or 7 minor league games a year. That is a blast.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 pm

wshoes wrote:
2) I like to go to as many Michigan games as possible- its just the best experience out there.

'shoes

I only get to 2-3 games a year but I agree. Watching on TV, there are plenty of positives for obvious reasons. But the game day experience never gets old. I like driving down State Street and seeing all the flags and tailgaters as you get closer and closer to campus. The band marching down Hoover to the big house. Pregame, the team running out and I still get goosebumps walking into that stadium like I did when I was 5.

You don't get that on TV.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Amen, WH...no comparison. The first game I attended at the 'House after graduation was the 1979 Notre Dame game...after not having been to one in person in six years. Whilst still in my ripe, enraptured prime at 27, I couldn't believe how, suddenly, I felt like a U-M undergrad (19,20) again!  Surrounded by all the students walking down State and over Hoover, and most all of them (yes, the fair gender, too) acknowledging me as if I were another one of them!!!  (Mind, I looked one helluva lot younger in '79 than now...damn!!!)

In all seriousness, I can attest to the emotion you allude to: simply no comparison (including in your wallet!) to watching on TV.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:34 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Baseball better at the park.  Football better from home.  I will go to one game a year just for the fun of it, but I prefer to watch at home.

As for baseball, I go to about 6 or 7 minor league games a year.  That is a blast.

Fish---since I just commented on WH's assertions, I will on yours as well. And as in his case, I agree with you. Case in point: Same year, 1979, living in Rochester (NY), I took my father-in-law to see the Triple-A Red Wings. If you can believe it, despite his (then) 57 years, he'd never been to a pro baseball game---despite watching plenty on TV!  Anyway, he remarked on the way home afterward how 1000% different it was, seeing in "3D", the dimensions of a long fly, hearing the actual <crack> of the bat, the speed at which line drives flat-out explode off the bat, etc. No comparison.

Despite living in MD, I've only been to one Orioles' game, but l have made it to a couple of the Frederick "Keys" game (Balt's single-A team got its nickname from Frederick's famous songwriter, Francis Scott Key). Whilst of course they aren't at nearly the level of their Big League brethren, it's great to watch kids give their all (I mean their all), all the time. Even though most of them (at single A) never will make it to the bigs, and they know it, they give it their damnedest...
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 pm

I must admit that I am biased to watching Michigan games at home because I live in Georgia. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I agree 100%. I've had some very good seats at The Big House and as fun as the atmosphere is, it is much better as a fan to watch the game at home.

Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off 561743_4910875610221_2126432557_n
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Well, well, well. Look what we (don't) have here. Seat cushions are suddenly no longer on the prohibited list for Michigan Stadium.

http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/060109aaf.html
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Well, well, well.  Look what we (don't) have here.  Seat cushions are suddenly no longer on the prohibited list for Michigan Stadium.  

http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/060109aaf.html

I give credit to this forum.

Clearly one of the MEEEECHIGAN brass is a member here, and took our comments straight to DB to make some adjustments.

LOL

Just kidding, of course, but glad to see that crap go before it even started.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off   Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright, now I'm f*cking pissed off
Page 1 of 1