Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on Empty
PostSubject: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Harlan Huckleby?

He was one of my favorites and just about the first player I remember "in person".

I actually went to my first game, I think, in the Autumn of 1974. That was when my oldest brother was a Freshman. I believe we played Navy and crushed them. I had to look up the opponent for this.

The next year I remember seeing us play Missouri after we had tied a couple teams. We were 1-0-2. They had a guy named Tony Galbreath on their team and we shut them down pretty well.

But HARLAN HUCKLEBY was my first favorite name. Many followed.

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I was at Michigan part of his time there...we called him Harlan Fumblebee. He dropped it a lot.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:32 am

The statistics archive at MGoBlue.com has been down for months so I don't know his personal best games by heart.

Harlan's games that I have are 76, 77 and 78 OSU, 78 Notre Dame, 76 Minnesota (although the picture is bad), and 77 Texas A&M

I don't have time to check but I think these games might have been "Harlan Heavy."

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on
Page 1 of 1