Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn

Go down 
+5
the artist formally known
BetterThansparty
wshoes
fishgoblue22
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn Empty
PostSubject: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:33 am

Another long day of waiting, boys.

No clue why we got that slot, but we did.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:43 am

Our guide here is showing Kansas State vs Texas here in Indy area.  Hoping that changes in the next couple days.  

It's good, because my wife has work, and she did this week too, so we watched yesterday's game at 3:30 when she got home. I was able to avoid anything revealing the score, so the game was a surprise when I watched it.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Our guide here is showing Kansas State vs Texas here in Indy area.  Hoping that changes in the next couple days.  

It's good, because my wife has work, and she did this week too, so we watched yesterday's game at 3:30 when she got home. I was able to avoid anything revealing the score, so the game was a surprise when I watched it.
Fish, what does ABC Indy do in that case? Is it a "mirror game" situation where it will be on ESPN2?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 am

Admin wrote:
Another long day of waiting, boys.

No clue why we got that slot, but we did.
Mich translates into TV ratings.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am

No idea.  ESPN2 and ESPNU are showing "College Football teams TBD" from 7pm to 10pm.  Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 pm

'fish, I would definitely assume/basically you can count on the games being mirrored.

It's kinda funny, even our start times are better than sparty.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 am

I'd be surprised if that wasn't updated. Being in Indy )BIG country), I assume you'll get the Michigan game.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 am

Admin wrote:
I'd be surprised if that wasn't updated. Being in Indy )BIG country), I assume you'll get the Michigan game.
Not looking good right now, but there is still time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm

They seen the Akron game and want to be there when Michigans defense blows up and UCONN possible upset of the Wolverines, I know I sound like a troll but last weeks debacle truly pissed me off, I been getting grief from people and I pissedI've been put in this situation.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
They seen the Akron game and want to be there when Michigans defense blows up and UCONN  possible upset of the Wolverines, I know I sound like a troll but last weeks debacle truly pissed me off, I been getting grief from people and I pissedI've been put in this situation.
I work with Spartan, Alabama and O$U fans. I could not imagine if they lost. That would give Michigan the 3 biggest upsets in college football histroy. They would never live it down. I am getting so much crap today. LOL. Oh well...

It doesnt look like the game will be on Directv for me. Hopefully that changes for all of us.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 pm

EJinGA wrote:
They seen the Akron game and want to be there when Michigans defense blows up and UCONN  possible upset of the Wolverines, I know I sound like a troll but last weeks debacle truly pissed me off, I been getting grief from people and I pissedI've been put in this situation.
I work with Spartan, Alabama and O$U fans. I could not imagine if they lost. That would give Michigan the 3 biggest upsets in college football histroy. They would never live it down. I am getting so much crap today. LOL. Oh well...

It doesnt look like the game will be on Directv for me. Hopefully that changes for all of us.
I'm going to attempt to get it on watch ESPN or ESPN3. Hook up a HDMI cable from computer to tv. I'll do a test run tonight.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 pm

I know it works. Do you have to pay for ESPN3, or is it covered if you have ESPN Insider?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:44 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I know it works. Do you have to pay for ESPN3, or is it covered if you have ESPN Insider?
Not sure. I think it is a free app.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Sounds familiar.........

After Michigan's loss in basketball to Penn St.

FUKIN MAKE THEM TAKE A BUS HOME, I WOULDN'T WASTE THE MONEY ON A PLANE GUTLESS BASTARDS. Really does anyonefeel confident about these guys going into the tourny.... they are soposed to be making a statement that they are ready for the match, seriously anyone that thinks they will go farther the the sweet 16 is disallusional . and now they will probably be a 3-4 seed 0-16 0-16 unreal...
honestly guys after watchijng this junk i see michigan finishing 10-8 the will not beat either IU or MSU because they are not good enough, They'll lose to Purdue because they suck on the road , knocked out of the 2nd round of the B1G tourney, and oyt after 16 round.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm not saying this just to sound like a homer but I really believe we will see a different Michigan team than we saw on Saturday.

UCONN only averages about 200 passing yards and 85 rushing per game.

UCONN can't contain the run either so I expect M to run it often and control the clock.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:14 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm not saying this just to sound like a homer but I really believe we will see a different Michigan team than we saw on Saturday.

UCONN can't contain the run either so I expect M to run it often and control the clock.
A more determined team. A team that won't look past UConn like they did Akron. At least I hope.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Actually, I feel a little sorry for UCONN. Michigan is going to take it out on the Huskies and try and make up for the Akron game. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:45 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I fully expect Michigan to dominate as well. From what I know about UConn they are horrible now, but if this was the same UConn team as in 2010 (still not very good but not too bad) we might be in trouble. I somewhat worry about our guys trying to do too much. This being a road game helps omit distractions, especially because of the puny stadium.

That being said Michigan 45 UConn 17. The D will over pursue a bit and give up a couple of big plays. Devin has learned that he can't do it all himself. that will allow for longer, more methodical drives.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:53 pm

It's not often that a coach, Hoke or any other, calls a late-afternoon SUNDAY practice (in full pads, no less).

And it's even LESS OFTEN that the players probably wanted him to do it (the Taylor and the captains anyway) more than he did...

Good vibes. Obviously not a man in Michigan's program is at all happy with Saturday's "victory".
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 pm

michmike wrote:
It's not often that a coach, Hoke or any other, calls a late-afternoon SUNDAY practice (in full pads, no less).

And it's even LESS OFTEN that the players probably wanted him to do it (the Taylor and the captains anyway) more than he did...

Good vibes. Obviously not a man in Michigan's program is at all happy with Saturday's "victory".
Bo-like move for sure (and I don't mean Pelini). Are their NCAA restrictions now on the number of full contact practices you can have?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:13 pm

It's a free application if you get ESPN through your cable company.

When you go to watchespn.com and click on something to watch, it will prompt you to select your cable service provider and log in directly with them.

In other words, I get my cable from Comcast. So, through the watchespn site, I have to sign in with my Comcast login credentials.

if you don't already have a username/password for your cable company, set that up first or you won't get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Yeah, I'm screwed, I have DirecTv and they are not one of the providers.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:32 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Same here...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 am

EJinGA wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Same here...
I'm hoping BDUBS has it on GamePlan.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:01 pm

wshoes wrote:
michmike wrote:

Bo-like move for sure (and I don't mean Pelini). Are their NCAA restrictions now on the number of full contact practices you can have?

'shoes
I'm not sure but I think that there is.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

It looks like the PAC-12 does (only 2 per week in-season) but I haven't found anything on the B1G yet...

http://www.buildingthedam.com/ncaa-football/2013/7/26/4560448/full-details-on-pac-12-policy-limiting-contact-in-practices

"C. Fall / In-Season Practices—Pac-12 institutions shall only have two (2) full-contact practices per week during the football regular season ("regular season" being defined as the period between the first regular season game and the last regular season game or Pac-12 Championship Game (for participating institutions)."
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I guess the B1G doesn't mandate it, also the NCAA doesn't have any requirements regarding full-pads either...

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/78630/b1g-not-following-pac-12-concussion-rules

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn   LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn Empty

Back to top Go down

LOL - ABC picked us up for the 8pm primetime slot vs UConn
Page 1 of 1