Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a leader, owning the near-failure.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

This is a leader, owning the near-failure. Empty
PostSubject: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:30 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20130914/SPORTS06/130914004/michigan-wolverines-taylor-lewan-devin-gardner-video

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:09 pm

No doubt he felt personally responsible for what happened yesterday. You could tell by the looks on their faces that they were both hurting inside and really do understand just how close they came to having their entire season blow up in their faces yesterday!! I just hope the other 100+ guys "get it" as much as Taylor does.

Go Blue!! Smile

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Yes now more than a day later I'm thinking it will help motivate practices. Should not need it but hey every team seams to need a scare any more.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I think it's a reasonably safe bet the leadership and coaching staff will be able to turn this near disaster into a great teaching tool. We all came into Carr's last season thinking we had a chance to see something special and they had a game just like this that unfortunately went the wrong way at the start of the season. This game could easily be the most pivotal moment of what could go down as a very memorable season of Michigan football. I can't imagine any younger players doubting a senior/team captain/coach/etc... when they say something about how you have to prepare hard for every game from this point forward.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:16 pm

yes in 2007 unfortunately we had to go up next against Oregon who ran the spread better than App St and if Ron English hadn't figured it out in 8 weeks, he wasn't going to figure it out in another week. That team then impressively ran off 8 wins in a row to have chance to win the BT before Henne's shoulder got ruined and he couldn't lift his arm against Wisconsin or OSU.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 am

wshoes wrote:
Yes now more than a day later I'm thinking it will help motivate practices. Should not need it but hey every team seams to need a scare any more.

'shoes
Right now, Shoes... (seems, by the way...nit,nit,nit...)  Second only to Taylor's infuriated post-game reaction, and expres​sion(in no uncertain terms) of his conviction that "It won't happen again", was Thomas Gordon's flat-out admission in his own post-game interview that "We had a [very bad] week of practice."

I'm sure that filled Matty's and Brady's ears, who also will be sure it doesn't happen again.

But as you say---comes a time, for every human being (or group of them), in any field of endeavor (sports, work, school, social behavior, etc., etc.) that a good solid kick in the ass is needed...for any number of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a leader, owning the near-failure.   This is a leader, owning the near-failure. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a leader, owning the near-failure.
Page 1 of 1