Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...

Go down 
+3
sandyeggo_blue
michmike
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... Empty
PostSubject: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm

Michigan's defense has only allowed 13 points all season on possessions that started with a kickoff (which has occurred 28 times).

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

The Michigan defense hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown all season.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Michigan's defense has yet to allow a run of 20 yards or longer this season.

19 yards is the longest, so far, by Akron.

(Even MSU, which has the No. 2 rushing D in the nation, has alloed a rush longer than 20 yards this year.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Michigan has the #8 rushing D in the country.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Opponents have scored 34 points off Michigan turnovers.

The defense was on the sideline for 20 of those points.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm

And Saturday, whilst everyone was rightly gushing over the fact our D-line finally dialed up some pressure (and a couple sacks, particularly Frank Clark's on UConn's final series), let's not forget the Huskies were a big fat one-for-eleven on third down.

Sorry(?), folks, I'm a glass-half-full man...at least until it's turned upside-down and spilled on my head.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

While I haven't been ecsatic about our DL play, the overall play of our defense can't really be criticized too much.

I'm happy with where we're at, in general.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Admin wrote:
Michigan's defense has only allowed 13 points all season on possessions that started with a kickoff (which has occurred 28 times).
Bottom line, HOLD ON TO THE BALL GARDNER!!!!

Admin wrote:
I hadn't realized this but there is no doubt that this is a testament to our Red Zone D which may be our D's bread and butter right now.

Admin wrote:
Are our gap pluggers are finally paying off (pipkins and black)? If so then this is definitely helping our LB core tremendously especially with no Ryan in the game. The 4-3 scheme is working. We just need consistent DE pressure.

Admin wrote:
Opponents have scored 34 points off Michigan turnovers. The defense was on the sideline for 20 of those points.
That is insane. Either our offense needs to learn how to hold the ball or learn how to tackle. Take your pick.

michmike wrote:
...let's not forget the Huskies were a big fat one-for-eleven on third down...
It is no secret that the turnovers kept UCONN in the game because there is no way a team goes 1-11 on third down and should still be in the game.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:54 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Admin wrote:
Bottom line, HOLD ON TO THE BALL GARDNER!!!!

Admin wrote:
I hadn't realized this but there is no doubt that this is a testament to our Red Zone D which may be our D's bread and butter right now.

Admin wrote:
Are our gap pluggers are finally paying off (pipkins and black)? If so then this is definitely helping our LB core tremendously especially with no Ryan in the game. The 4-3 scheme is working. We just need consistent DE pressure.

Admin wrote:
Opponents have scored 34 points off Michigan turnovers. The defense was on the sideline for 20 of those points.
That is insane. Either our offense needs to learn how to hold the ball or learn how to tackle. Take your pick.

michmike wrote:
...let's not forget the Huskies were a big fat one-for-eleven on third down...
It is no secret that the turnovers kept UCONN in the game because there is no way a team goes 1-11 on third down and should still be in the game.

quote="Admin"]Opponents have scored 34 points off Michigan turnovers. The defense was on the sideline for 20 of those points. [/quote]That is insane. Either our offense needs to learn how to hold the ball or learn how to tackle. Take your pick.

I go with hold the ball, but I just might be wrong!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:24 pm

I may be really pessimistic but the 4 offenses we have played this year are far from good, so I really am not impressed with our stats.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I go with hold the ball, but I just might be wrong!!   Smile
Nah, I think that you got that one right.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
I may be really pessimistic but the 4 offenses we have played this year are far from good, so I really am not impressed with our stats.
You are extremely negative...

Is our D lights-out? No, but it is very good. Mid-range passes concern me though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 am

For me, the biggest plus (and pleasant surprise) has been Blake Countess. We all knew he was very good, but don't tell me you weren't a bit nervous about (1) how his surgically-repaired knee would hold up, or (2) how "gung-ho" he would be knowing in the back of his mind it might still be "fragile", good as he claims it felt.

Both questions have definitely been answered.

And as for the vicious, big bad B1G everyone fears we're starting, bear in mind we could well have mighty Jake back in three weeks or so...and James Ross and Desmond Morgan haven't exactly disappointed in his absence, though admittedly neither's the playmaker JR is.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 am

Countess has been outstanding and that has been somewhat overlooked, I agree.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...   Silver Lining Stats (our defense)... Empty

Back to top Go down

Silver Lining Stats (our defense)...
Page 1 of 1