Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Ten Coaches

Go down 
+5
michmike
Admin
mgoblue93
EJinGA
hailtoyourvictor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Which Big Ten coaches do you like / dislike and why?

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 am

I like Pat Fitzgerald. Class act, and underated as a coach.

Dislike? This one should be pretty obvious as well as the reasons why...
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:11 am

Like: Brady Hoke class act, upfront guy; Pat Fitzgerald sticks with his alma mater, character guy and he's a winner; Bill O'brien for sticking with PSU during these rough years (isn't that what leaders are supposed to do?) O'brien might end up being the greatest leader in the B1G for that reason someday; Kirk Ferentz seems like a good guy and I think he could have left Iowa for a better job at some point.

Dislike: Bo Pelini, he just seems like an asshole and he's a sucknut although I don't fault him for the latest scandal of him bashing the fans; Tim Beckman - is there a bigger dirtbag in the conference?  Not even Urban Lier tried to poach PSU recruits after PSU was hit with sanctions.  Mark Dantonio for his body language and looking like he's always attending a funeral, (although I'm comfortable with that at East Lansing,) and for being the insecure douche that he is.

On the fence: Urban Meyer, sometimes I can't stand him and I don't trust him, other times I regretfully find myself admiring his style, and wishing this son-of-a-bitch was anywhere but O$U.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 am

Pat Fitzgerald is probably my favorite coach in the league.

I think the guy is 100% class who truly gives a damn about his players. His passion for is alma mater is unmatched.

He has accepted the challenges of coaching at Northwestern (difficult admissions standards, a university that, in general, places athletics in the back seat of the car, etc.), and still found a way to lift that program from the depths of ineptitude.

He's young and fiery. He's always out and about in the community, shaking hands and kissing babies.

The guy is an excellent role model.

I simply love Pat Fitzgerald.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 am

I should add that I was very disappointed a few years back when he turned us down.

michmike

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
On the fence: Urban Meyer, sometimes I can't stand him and I don't trust him, other times I regretfully find myself admiring his style, and wishing this son-of-a-bitch was anywhere but O$U.

Whilst I'll cut your take on this one some slack, 93, I would NOT want that "anywhere" to be U-M...for several reasons, all too subtle to elaborate on here...though there really isn't anything "subtle" or in disguise about the state he left Fla.'s program in, or the sort of players he coddled there.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Hate Fitzgerald,  cocky punk never won anything.  Hate Pelini, same as Fitz.  Hate Meyer, dirty, Ohio coach.  Pretty much like the rest.  If we didn't have Hoke, I'd take O'Brien in a second.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Fitzgerald actually does have a few punk moments under his belt. When we won in Evanston two years ago, shutting out Northwestern in the second half and eventually winning 42-24, Fitzgerald used the old line, "Michigan didn't beat us, we beat ourselves," during a press conference a few days later. Screw you, buddy.

And that whole jumping up and down like he had won the lottery last year when we got called for a late hit in the fourth quarter really made him look like a tool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:08 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
And that whole jumping up and down like he had won the lottery last year when we got called for a late hit in the fourth quarter really made him look like a tool.  
I'll agree with that.

But, overall, it's hard to fault the guy for the passion he shows for his team.

Those are the types of coaches 18 year old kids want to go play for.

As I said, I was disappointed we didn't land him three years ago. I couldn't believe he didn't bolt and come to AA. However, in my opinion, that just proves my point even more about his character.

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Hate Fitzgerald,  cocky punk never won anything.  Hate Pelini, same as Fitz.  Hate Meyer, dirty, Ohio coach.  Pretty much like the rest.  If we didn't have Hoke, I'd take O'Brien in a second.
Totally agree with all of that, fish!  

Go Blue!!   Smile
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:
I'll agree with that.

But, overall, it's hard to fault the guy for the passion he shows for his team.

Those are the types of coaches 18 year old kids want to go play for.

As I said, I was disappointed we didn't land him three years ago. I couldn't believe he didn't bolt and come to AA. However, in my opinion, that just proves my point even more about his character.
I could believe it. I never expected him to leave. He's very happy coaching at his Alma mater. As a player in 1995, he helped engineer Northwestern's first win over Michigan in 30 years. Other than playing in the Rose Bowl, beating us was the highlight of his college career. I just couldn't imagine him leaving there to come coach us.

He may be loyal. But I like beating him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...If we didn't have Hoke, I'd take O'Brien in a second...
first thing that came to my mind. I do like Fitz though.

I'm starting to dislike Pelini more and more but even above Meyer I can't stand Dantonio.

fishgoblue22

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:55 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I'm starting to dislike Pelini more and more but even above Meyer I can't stand Dantonio.
Dang, how did I forget Dantonio? What a tool that guy is.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Dang, how did I forget Dantonio?  What a tool that guy is.
That's putting it gently. Many coaches are easy to hate for being slimey or for cheating. Dantonio is easy to hate because he's been a total d*ck since day one.

Sometimes I think it's kind of nice, however, to have a MSU coach that's that easy to hate. Look at the guys who came before him.

*John L. Smith - A clown with mental deficiencies.
*Bobby Williams - A deer caught in headlights.
*Nick Saban - We didn't know back then who or what he was.
*George Perles - His green and while talk was nauseating but he was best friends with Bo, and he always publicly stated that more coaches should have Bo's integrity.

Those guys you hated for the simple fact of them being MSU's coach. But none of them were the kind of guy you wanted to punch out. Dantonio now fills that void.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...Dang, how did I forget Dantonio? ...
Sparty is easily forgettable

...Dantonio is easy to hate because he's been a total d*ck since day one...
+1

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 3:56 pm

michmike wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
Whilst I'll cut your take on this one some slack, 93, I would NOT want that "anywhere" to be U-M...for several reasons, all too subtle to elaborate on here...though there really isn't anything "subtle" or in disguise about the state he left Fla.'s program in, or the sort of players he coddled there.
say what you will about Meyer, but if we takeaway all homeristic views, he has won everywhere he's coached.  Ohio's program was on the brink of longterm destabilized chaos just a little over a year ago, and one could argue he's actually improved the program from where the ve$t had it.  i still cannot believe Ohio's program didn't take a giant shit after tatgate.  florida's condition is blamed on Meyer, but Meyer did take Ohio's program from 6-7 to 12-0 in a single year, and did it without excuses going in, unlike Fla's coach and their fans. UF already has a loss and struggle with Toledo. It's not like UF doesn't have talent, or Meyer somehow left them in shambles.

Last edited by mgoblue93 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
...Dang, how did I forget Dantonio? ...
Sparty is easily forgettable

...Dantonio is easy to hate because he's been a total d*ck since day one...
+1

Dantonio takes the cake -he's just a smug, miserable, son of a bitch, and I couldn't be happier that he's Sparty's HC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Ten Coaches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Ten Coaches   Big Ten Coaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Ten Coaches
Page 1 of 1