Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Manningham disses UM

Go down 
+6
exmichresident
joe
WillieMfan
Wolverdog
wstsidedad
sandyeggo_blue
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Manningham disses UM Empty
PostSubject: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Warren G Harding???? WTF Mario

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I thought the same thing. WTH.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: I'm really not mad    Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 pm

just a little disappointed

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Giving props to his HS and some inspiration for the kids that go there.

Rolling Eyes

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:21 pm

I feel like it was more of a diss.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Lots of players name their High Schools. No Big Deal.

PostSubject: Check the crappy forum tomorrow...I bet the azzholes   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 am

will be going on and on about this......
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: I think it's a L. Carr thing...   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 am

This is not the first time. Hasn't anyone watched a Monday night Football game where a former players (when carr was thir coach), call out their High School? It happens frequently by a number of players. Although D. Bass did mention Mich. There was something about Carr that players didn't like and I don't think there is any love between T. Brady and Carr. Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 am

I doubt that. Three former Carr players started SB 1 says his high school and the other two say Michigan. I think you are reaching. Manning ham has always said his high school. Baas and Brady always say Michigan. Former Carr players love him. I've met a couple and they speak of Carr as a father figure.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I doubt that. Three former Carr players started SB 1 says his high school and the other two say Michigan. I think you are reaching. Manning ham has always said his high school. Baas and Brady always say Michigan. Former Carr players love him. I've met a couple and they speak of Carr as a father figure.

Yes I have seen this before as I am sure others have as well. It is fairly common in the sense that you will probably 1 time on average in starting line up for a game. That actually maybe a little high actually but the point is it does happen. What's to say those players do not have an axe to grind with their former schools?

Who said that the coach is the only reason to disassociate yourself from a school? Manningham left for the NFL early when Carr stepped down. Maybe he felt he was ready or maybe he did not like the way the coaching situation was handled and decided to go pro early. Has anyone heard him coming back for a game? Going to Mott's? I haven't and that is not to say that it has not happened.

IMO it was more of a diss on Michigan than it was trying to bring publicity to a high school that doesn't need it or probably want it. Am I speculating about the meaning behind repping his HS? Yep! Is everyone else on this thread speculating? Yep! Am I going to lose sleep over this? NOPE! Do I hope I am wrong and Mario is an active alum helping out the school and program whenever he can? You bet your ass I do!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

Well said Willie.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:22 pm

I know David Harris likes to say Ottawa Hills because Ottawa Hills is a school that struggles in the academic area and graduating students.

Considering a lot of Carr players were the ones that were acting out of line (IMO) during the Rich Rod years, a lot of Carr's players were more loyal to him and Michigan than ever if you want to look at it from that point of view
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Manningham    Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:31 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
I know David Harris likes to say Ottawa Hills because Ottawa Hills is a school that struggles in the academic area and graduating students.

Considering a lot of Carr players were the ones that were acting out of line (IMO) during the Rich Rod years, a lot of Carr's players were more loyal to him and Michigan than ever if you want to look at it from that point of view

I read the Bacon book, and I think RR brought all his troubles on himself.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:17 pm

IMO Manningham left because of Rich Clod coming to town. If Coach Carr would have been able to stay at least one more year there is no doubt in my mind that he would have came back for his senior year. After witnessing the travesty tht was Michigan Football in '08 I'm not that positive Michigan would have challenged for a National title but they quite possibly could have made a run at the Big Ten title. Think about all of the attrition there ws in addition to our weaknesses. We changed philosophy on both sides of the ball so no one had a clue what they were doing. QB was our major position weakness, and if Mallet had stayed that is an immense improvement. Manningham left, Boren left (not that sure it was a big loss), the guy who transferred to Colorado (forgot his name) left, and weren't there a few more that I'm forgetting?

I'm not sure if Manningham has came back since Coach Hoke has been at the helm. Another possible rationale for Manningham saying his High School over Michigan is that possibly he was trying to defend Michigan's academic standing. Don't forget, that idiot scored a 6 on the Wonderlic...

mgoblog has a discussion about it: http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/former-michigan-player-intros

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:26 pm

IMHO It is people just digging and looking for trouble that are even bringing it up.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:01 pm

does this really matter .... my love of Michigan does not weaken because MM mentioned his high school .... don't think it is sinister in any way ..... he is not the only pro to do it .... this is the sort of topic azhole would bring up on MLive to stir shit up
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
eGrandpa wrote:

I read the Bacon book, and I think RR brought all his troubles on himself.

Having the event on the field the summer before Rich Rod even starting coaching and having Carr's players make inappropriate "jokes" how a non-Michigan man isn't welcome wasn't RR's fault in my opinion. Notice how about 6 of Bo's players came into RR's office the next day and apologized in behalf of what went on at the event?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:10 pm

lmo .... Carr acted like a bitter little man from reading Bacons book
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
does this really matter .... my love of Michigan does not weaken because MM mentioned his high school .... don't think it is sinister in any way ..... he is not the only pro to do it .... this is the sort of topic azhole would bring up on MLive to stir shit up

It's February 6 what would you like to talk about? I see no problem with the OP bringing it up.

I will never understand why some people come to discussion boards and then complain about topics they deem acceptable and which ones aren't. I do not think every thread on a forum is going to appeal to all of us. The goal here should be to have a lot of discussion going on so the forum does not go stale. Criticizing people for posting something does not encourage others to join in the discussion, rather just the opposite.

I also think that opposing view points do not warrant comparisons to trolls. I think there is a lot that can be learned from other peoples perceptions and I rather enjoy hearing other peoples thoughts on things.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 am

no complaint ... he made his point ... I made mine .... who criticized ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manningham disses UM   Manningham disses UM Empty

Back to top Go down

Manningham disses UM
Page 1 of 1