Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible Empty
PostSubject: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/09/jake_ryan_doing_more_and_more.html

Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible

By Josh Slagter | jslagter@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on September 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

ANN ARBOR — Maybe next week for Jake Ryan.

As the calendar flips to October tomorrow, Michigan is inching closer to getting its All-Big Ten linebacker back from ACL injury.

"He does some individual stuff, he does some team stuff, more and more every day," Wolverines coach Brady Hoke said Monday.

Michigan practiced four times during its bye week, including Sunday. Hoke said the consensus between Ryan and the team doctors was positive.

"He feels good," Hoke said. "We'll get him a little bit more involved these next three days and see what next week brings."

The goal of Ryan, the Wolverines' leading tackler in 2012, always has been to return sometime in October. Last week, Hoke all but ruled him out for Saturday's Big Ten opener against Minnesota.

The Wolverines will travel to Penn State on Oct. 12 and host Indiana on Oct. 19 before having another bye week.

In place of Ryan, Brennen Beyer leads Michigan with four tackles for loss, including two sacks. Cam Gordon also has two sacks, as the pair has combined for 19 tackles in the Wolverines' four victories.

***Like I said earlier, I don't think that we want to rush Jake back. @Penn State is a big game but they have a Freshman QB, not sure if we need Jake for that. May want to consider giving Jake an extra week and have him fully ready for Indiana. Yea I know Indiana but surprisingly they have a decent offense. Defense not-so-much but the offense is there.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
**Like I said earlier, I don't think that we want to rush Jake back.  @Penn State is a big game but they have a Freshman QB, not sure if we need Jake for that.  May want to consider giving Jake an extra week and have him fully ready for Indiana.  Yea I know Indiana but surprisingly they have a decent offense.  Defense not-so-much but the offense is there.
I kind of agree, but I wouldn't mind seeing him for a few plays vs PSU.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I can see your point/desire 'fish but I don't want him back until he is 110%...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm

He's ready or he isn't whenever that is. If he's healed its not like another week makes him more healed. If they were saying we're going to bring him back at 80 percent because we need him, that would be different.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 pm

wshoes wrote:
He's ready or he isn't whenever that is. If he's healed its not like another week makes him more healed. If they were saying we're going to bring him back at 80 percent because we need him, that would be different.

'shoes
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 9:51 pm

As if any injury, being 100% healed and "game ready" are two totally different things.  An extra week would get him more "game ready".  Please note, I do not know if he is or isn't.  I'm just being cautious.  Although a road game, I'm not sure that we need him at PSU.  we don't need him ayt Indiana either but having him back to break him in for the gauntlet that is "sparty/Nebraska/Northwestern" might be a good idea.

That's all I'm saying...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
As if any injury, being 100% healed and "game ready" are two totally different things.  An extra week would get him more "game ready".  Please note, I do not know if he is or isn't.  I'm just being cautious.  Although a road game, I'm not sure that we need him at PSU.  we don't need him ayt Indiana either but having him back to break him in for the gauntlet that is "sparty/Nebraska/Northwestern" might be a good idea.

That's all I'm saying...
yeah I pretty much agree with this. Break him in easy against Indiana. Let him get the feel for the speed of the game again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible   Jake Ryan doing 'more and more' at Michigan practices, return against Penn State possible Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1