Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Actually I think the sky IS falling-

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Actually I think the sky IS falling- Empty
PostSubject: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Or put another way fears that we just aren't that good have proven out.

It is likely the with the possible exception of ND, the best 4 teams we will play are ahead of us and I'm not including Iowa in that but since they are on the road, they will be a big problem. I say possibly ND because I'm not convinced they are particularly good.

1) I'll say it again, this offensive line is the worst I've seen in 50 + years of watching Michigan football. Youth and inexperience is a partial excuse but only partial. Most disturbing is that they are not improving. They did not improve last year either.

2) The coaching staff has wasted plays every game by trying to be something we are not- a downhill running, play action passing team. We escaped-barely against Akron and UCONN- yesterday we did did not.

Our exact same personnel on offense guided by Urban Meyer or RichRod (two examples we are familiar with but there would be lots of others), would be a far, far better offense.

3) Coaching decisions were awful yesterday- Terrible management of time and distance.

4) If Brady got so much credit for Gibbons turn around as a kicker, who gets the blame now?

5) I do advocate giving Brady 5 years, that is only fair and he has many good qualities. Just because we treated RichRod like sh-t and did not give him a fair shot is no justification to make the same mistake twice in a row.

However consider the contrasting trajectories, 3 wins to 5 wins to 7 wins vs 11 wins to 8 wins to ?. Next years schedule LOOKS tougher than this year's.

The recruiting has looked great- but let's say we go 7-5 this year- at what point does that downward trajectory begin to have a negative impact?

I THINK we can beat Indiana at home (but no gimme), after that, what game would we be a decisive favorite in? We are going to have to win some toss-up and/or underdog games.

As always I'll be pulling like h-ll that we do.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

I agree that Hoke should get 5 years... First things first... Get rid of Borges. And Hoke needs to put on the headsets and take control of his damn team. Does he even know what plays are called?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Good post, shoes. Agree 100%. I also agree we keep Hoke for at least 2 more years (min) AND, he HAS to fire Borges. Enough of his inept play calling already. AND.....his cronies have to go too. Last nights game put me over the edge with Big Al.....If Hoke doesn't fire his *ss after this season I'm going to flip out.
OK, enough....I get depressed thinking about it. Just hope we can right this sinking ship and do it real soon.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Great posts all. I agree with everyone, especially that we get rid of Borges as soon as possible and Hoke putting on a headset! I wish he would fire Borges today, but I know that isn't realistic.

WS, I agree with 7-5. We beat Indiana and Iowa. Neb will end the home win streak. We go to the Gator Bowl to play......wait for it.........MISS ST!!! I was at that game, and might go again. I know it will be a huge letdown from what we expected, but I did enjoy the city and the bowl.

Go Blue!! Smile

umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:15 pm

OC definitely needs to go. No doubt we put another 3 td's on the board with rich rod. His problem was his defense. We need a better play caller and not call the game to try to keep from losing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actually I think the sky IS falling-   Actually I think the sky IS falling- Empty

Back to top Go down

Actually I think the sky IS falling-
Page 1 of 1