Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke

Go down 
+7
MgoBlue
GOBLUEJOE66
bluenote
fishgoblue22
wshoes
EJinGA
Meechigan Man
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Meechigan Man

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Hoke   Hoke EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

time to become a head coach , don't need you walking up and down the sidelines arms folded or slapping guys in the ass , you say you talk to Mattison about the defense well maybe its fucking time you put the head set on and tell uncle Fester to change up the offensive play calling .... and if he can't or won't get rid of the fuck and if he doesn't then he should be held accountable as well , either your first priority is your team or its your personal friend , RR was bashed over and over for keeping his old gang on as coaches
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 am

The problem is, he is NOT a head coach. What Hoke is doing is fine as a long as his supporting cast is superior, which it is not. Mattinson is, but Borges has to go. And if he is not fired after this year, it may cost Hoke his job.

The best thing for Michigan is to keep Hoke, and bring in a top flight OC, but it looks like Hoke is standing by Borges.

I hate to say it, but maybe the nest thing for Michigan is to have a bad year. Only then will they make that change.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 am

Here we go again. I will NEVER pull for Mich to have a bad year to get someone fired. We saw enough "fans" with that attitude with RR and it sickened me.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:12 am

wshoes wrote:
Here we go again. I will NEVER pull for Mich to have a bad year to get someone fired. We saw enough "fans" with that attitude with RR and it sickened me.

'shoes
totally agree shoes, don't want a shitty season ever , but do you not agree that Hoke should be held accountable like RR was , is your first priority the team the team the team or your friend
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:29 am

EJinGA wrote:
The problem is, he is NOT a head coach. What Hoke is doing is fine as a long as his supporting cast is superior, which it is not. Mattinson is, but Borges has to go. And if he is not fired after this year, it may cost Hoke his job.

The best thing for Michigan is to keep Hoke, and bring in a top flight OC, but it looks like Hoke is standing by Borges.

I hate to say it, but maybe the nest thing for Michigan is to have a bad year. Only then will they make that change.
Ridiculous.  Go root for another team if you are hoping for a bad year.
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:08 am

The plays Borges is running out there series after series get to be sickening after awhile. Doing the same thing which doesn't work over and over is, to me, a sign of someone who is either too stubborn, or just too clueless to adapt. Gardner has great mobility and he has able receivers and tight ends to make plays in space. Get the ball into that space. The proof of this being effective is the ND game. Our OL did not necessarily hold ND's DL off that well, but we rolled Gardner out a lot and worked the ball to players who could make something happen. If you could do this effectively every game, watch the running game start having room. If these things can't start happening, AB needs to go, regardless of Hoke's loyalty. This is Michigan, fergodsakes.

On the other side of the ball, although we all know Mattison has worked some miracles and is a top-notch defensive coach, why do we continue to play so much prevent and laying back, waiting to react? PSU had a freshman QB. Blitz the hell out of him. He may be good enough to burn you a couple of times on the blitz, but if you keep bringing it, good things are likely to start happening. I believe there definitely needs to be adjustments on this side of the ball too.

Michigan could still salvage a pretty respectable season, but they've got to get more aggressive on their play-calling to make that happen, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 am

EJinGA wrote:

Seriously?????

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:19 am

Nah, that came out wrong. LOL.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:45 am

I actually thought the play calling in the first OT was right thing to do.  You got a kicker that has rarely missed.  After that I thought we should have been more aggressive.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 am

Playing for a field goal was not a bad idea. Not trying to get some yards to make the field goal a little easier was. I realize we have a kicker that can kick it 40+ yds. but why not try to get him a little closer? Make is easier for him. That's the part I have a problem with.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm

I agree with the OP. Time to act like a head coach. Take control of the program and give us some god-damned direction.

He needs to up the pressure on his assistants. This Mr. Nice guy, we're all friends crap doesn't translate into winning as much as holding everyone accountable and everyone feeling the heat.

Hoke is too nice. He needs to be an asshole like Urban Meyer is. To his staff, to his players, everyone. Even Dantonio works that way.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:39 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
I agree with the OP.  Time to act like a head coach.  Take control of the program and give us some god-damned direction.  

He needs to up the pressure on his assistants.  This Mr. Nice guy, we're all friends crap doesn't translate into winning as much as holding everyone accountable and everyone feeling the heat.  

Hoke is too nice.  He needs to be an asshole like Urban Meyer is.  To his staff, to his players, everyone.  Even Dantonio works that way.  
I disagree.  You can't be someone you aren't.  Players and coaches will lose respect for you.  You can hold them accountable without being an asshole.

I've seen a lot of leaders fail in the Marine Corps because they thought they had to be an asshole, but they weren't really good at it because it wasn't their personality.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:43 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
I agree with the OP.  Time to act like a head coach.  Take control of the program and give us some god-damned direction.  

He needs to up the pressure on his assistants.  This Mr. Nice guy, we're all friends crap doesn't translate into winning as much as holding everyone accountable and everyone feeling the heat.  

Hoke is too nice.  He needs to be an asshole like Urban Meyer is.  To his staff, to his players, everyone.  Even Dantonio works that way.  
I disagree.  You can't be someone you aren't.  Players and coaches will lose respect for you.  You can hold them accountable without being an asshole.

I've seen a lot of leaders fail in the Marine Corps because they thought they had to be an asshole, but they weren't really good at it because it wasn't their personality.
true, he should still be himself. regardless he needs to take the bull by the horns and take charge. he seems too hands off.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:56 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:

true, he should still be himself.  regardless he needs to take the bull by the horns and take charge.  he seems too hands off.
Hoke isn't hands off.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:50 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:

true, he should still be himself.  regardless he needs to take the bull by the horns and take charge.  he seems too hands off.
Hoke isn't hands off.
he doesn't wear a headset. you can't be anymore hands off than that.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm

But 93, in one post you say he should be himself and then the next post you say he should wear a headset.

So tell me, do you want him to be himself or do you want him to do what you want him to do?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Hoke isn't hands off.
he doesn't wear a headset.  you can't be anymore hands off than that.
If you watch, there is an offense assistant next to him with head set all the time.  He is talking and knows every play call before it is sent in.  He is coaching players as they come off the field.  He is not hands off.  The headset thing is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 pm

no the headset thing is not ridiculous .... no question he knows the plays the point is he should be in contact with Borges just like he is with Mattison .... he is letting Borges screw up the offense without questioning him at all
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:56 pm

That doesn't mean he is hands off. Hoke is actively hands-on coaching the players throughout the game. I'd suggest paying attention to this next time you attend a game at the Big House. It is a lot more than slapping the on the ass and saying "good job!", too. It is coaching. Hands-on coaching.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm

EJinGA wrote:
You are aware that you can review your post before you hit 'send' right?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 6:41 pm

...and edit it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:43 am

Oh wow, the nativity of some people. Yea, Coach Hoke is "hands off" because he doubt wear a head-set. That's the only time that he is with the team. smh...
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
You are aware that you can review your post before you hit 'send' right?
I am aware.

Ironically you said in your last post "the nativity of some people"... Interesting. Friends don't let friends post drunk.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Posted from my phone, "Sywpe" inserted the "t" and I did not notice. My bad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke   Hoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke
Page 1 of 1