Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Student section is a joke

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Student section is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:18 pm

It looked God awful in person, but it may even look worse on TV as I watch the replay.

The Athletic Department should, no BS, eliminate THOUSANDS of student tickets. I don't know how many are sold on a yearly basis (there's no cap, correct? Any student can buy them.), but they should put a serious cap on the number sold each year, and jack up the price.

Simply capping it may not help, because it would still be random lottery or first-come, and that doesn't eliminate the possibility of empty seats (because be the same asshat kids who already don't go that get lucky and score a package).

Jack it up, big time.

Get those tickets in the hands of people who actually give a damn.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:28 pm

Not sure what the answer is here. I never missed a game in 4 years as student and I always got there early. Bettering our seats every year was a big deal, I would not have liked the GA policy. Today's students are part of a potential group of fans for years to come.

This is still supposed to be a college experience and I don't really want it to be like a Lions crowd or dominated by only those who can pay the seat licenses (though I do pay that). Just don't know.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:41 pm

I don't disagree with your last point. When the section is full and it's a big game, they project a lot of noise and overall energy. I'd hate to give that away.

I wish we had the answer, because we could sell it to many programs across the country right now. Michigan certainly isn't the only one experiencing this serious problem. Unfortunately that fact doesn't make me any better about it.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I actually "kind of" want to blame it on Rich Clod. It may have been a little sparse in the top 10-15 rows until half-time but the first 85-90 rows were usually full. Then Rich Clod came to town and students noticed and stopped coming on time, or at all. They've discovered parting and blowing off steam. I'm not sure what to do either but it was Indiana.

The opponents do have a lot to do with it IMHO. Thankfully the last 2 home games of the year (Nebraska, ohio) so student support "shouldn't" be an issue.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I actually "kind of" want to blame it on Rich Clod.

Of course you do. Is there any statute of limitations on that? Obviously it isn't 3 years, how about 5,7,10?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:15 pm

It's not just Michigan, it's all over....even in the SEC...Walking to the game all you see are the dumb ass frats and sororities partying it up and you know damn well 80% of them are too drunk to go to the game....especially when ever damn game is at 3:30 this year.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 pm

wshoes wrote:

Of course you do. Is there any statute of limitations on that? Obviously it isn't 3 years, how about 5,7,10?

'shoes
Of course there was pregaming before that clown got here but it just seems that he gave the students an excuse to get uber-drunk and not even go to the games. I'd say that this is the last year of any real blame. Still, the culture was SIGNIFICANTLY changed so there ya have it. A lot of kids who may have went to Michigan didn't and that creates a ripple effect. Will I continue to use Rich Clod as an excuse? Probably not, Michigan isn't a place for excuses.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:39 am

wshoes wrote:

'shoes
lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student section is a joke   Student section is a joke Empty

Back to top Go down

Student section is a joke
Page 1 of 1