Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not good news

Go down 
+5
Admin
fishgoblue22
michmike
MgoBlue
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Don't care what anyone says this sucks.... AJ Williams has been suspended for Saturdays game for a violation of team rules. We need his blocking.

sandyeggo_blue

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

OVI

http://www.toledoblade.com/Michigan/2013/10/28/Michigan-tight-end-A-J-Williams-suspended-after-arrest-OVI-charge.html

sandyeggo_blue

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm

how do this change the gameplan? you gotta think we're gonna run a bit more spread. At least we should see Devin in the pistol or shotgun more to give him more time to react to MSU's D getting into our backfield. Again, I'm no Xs and Os guy but it makes sense to me.

Any thoughts?

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Seymore Butts! Very Happy 

Looks like more time for Butt and Funchess. Butt is a descent blocker. Maybe bring in another linemen.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
 Butt is a descent blocker.    
Jeez, MgoBlue, I've heard of "downhill" runners, but blockers????

On a less-jovial note, what I'm hoping to see---whether or not as a result of Williams' stupid decision---is Funchess out at WR more.
It's almost like his more natural position---or at least seems more his forte...with his speed, height and hands. And as you say, we
can use Butt at TE in those formations. And some of said formations can be empty-backfield. With so many targets for elusive Devin
to pick out, MSU couldn't afford to jam all of them at the line, as their supposedly-physical corners allegedly like to do.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

michmike wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

On a less-jovial note, what I'm hoping to see---whether or not as a result of Williams' stupid decision---is Funchess out at WR more.
It's almost like his more natural position---or at least seems more his forte...with his speed, height and hands. And as you say, we
can use Butt at TE in those formations. And some of said formations can be empty-backfield. With so many targets for elusive Devin
to pick out, MSU couldn't afford to jam all of them at the line, as their supposedly-physical corners allegedly like to do.

Mgo I think you may have missed a bit on this post. Butt blocks like a RS Soph not a true Frosh. He's the best blocking TE we have.

I think MichMike is right. We need to get Funchess out wide. Make their corners and Safeties play back. Hopefully that will help set up a run game.

fishgoblue22

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:15 pm

More spread formation! which isn't a bad thing IMHO.

But his blocking will be missed.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
...More spread formation! which isn't a bad thing IMHO...
+1

Admin
Admin

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:02 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
More spread formation! which isn't a bad thing IMHO.

But his blocking will be missed.
DING! DING! DING!

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:08 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
michmike wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

Mgo I think you may have missed a bit on this post. Butt blocks like a RS Soph not a true Frosh. He's the best blocking TE we have.

I think MichMike is right. We need to get Funchess out wide. Make their corners and Safeties play back. Hopefully that will help set up a run game.
i may be a bit biased, so take this with a grain of salt. I know Jake so I spend a lot of time during the games watching him. I've been pretty proud of the job he has been doing blocking. Sure he misses some blocks, but who doesn't? Personally I would rather see him catch more passes, but he has been used mainly as a blocker since Funchess has been turned loose at WR, and him doing so much blocking just might pay off this weekend.

Go Blue!! Smile

wshoes

wshoes

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

I feel bad for AJ because I hate to see him have off field issues for both his sake and the team's sake. As an on field loss it seems pretty minimal to me, he has struggled with blocking.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:20 pm

wshoes wrote:
I feel bad for AJ because I hate to see him have off field issues for both his sake and the team's sake. As an on field loss it seems pretty minimal to me, he has struggled with blocking.

'shoes
I agree with this. To take it a step further, when I first heard it I actually considered it a positive for the team, but of course I don't wish any ill on Williams. I just think Borges has to constantly fight the temptation to play in a style that the team is not yet suited to play, manball. With his main designated blocking tight-end out, that's one more reason to go away from that style. I think anything that pushes Michigan to more of a spread approach is a good thing for this year's team. And quite frankly, Williams has struggled mightily with blocking to this point in his career.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Seymore Butts! Very Happy 

Looks like more time for Butt and Funchess.  Butt is a descent blocker.  Maybe bring in another linemen.  
Oh no, I just had a flash of the old "Funchess of the Butt" thread....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good news   Not good news Empty

Back to top Go down

Not good news
Page 1 of 1