Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC Empty
PostSubject: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

The real question is

What is the over/under on MSU Personal Fouls?

I'll set the number at 4.5

Whattya guys think?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm

that's a good question. Just did a quick search and here are the numbers for personal fouls in the game since 2007

2007 @MSU
MSU = 3
UM = 2

2008 @UM
MSU = 0
UM = 1

2009 @MSU
MSU = 4
UM = 0

2010 @UM
MSU = 1
UM = 0

2011 @MSU
MSU = 4
UM = 1

2012 @UM
MSU = 1
UM = 1

Based on that I'm going to take the under and say that Sparty commits four personal fouls. The numbers show that they tend to be more aggressive at home but not to the tune of over 4.5

Change the number to 3.5 then you've got it nailed down.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Over, they're thugs...
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm

I think 3 there will be at least 2 late hits and now with the targeting rules I see 1 maybe 2 of them
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:02 am

question, do uou mean accepted fouls or total? my numbers are accepted. in 2011 sparty actually had 6
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:09 am

TOTAL FOULS

I'm not letting them off the hook for cheating just because we did better than the penalty.

But really? When or how would you decline a personal foul? Isn't that tacked on or does it matter if it happens during play?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:46 am

joe wrote:
TOTAL FOULS

I'm not letting them off the hook for cheating just because we did better than the penalty.

But really? When or how would you decline a personal foul? Isn't that tacked on or does it matter if it happens during play?
I do believe that it is tacked on and you do not even have the option of declining it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm

joe wrote:
TOTAL FOULS

if it's the total then I will go with the over.

I think UM declined the foul (like a pass interference) in lieu of a TD. the penalty was not assessed on the kickoff. I believe that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC   Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC Empty

Back to top Go down

Winning/Losing Turnovers ETC
Page 1 of 1