Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?

Go down 
+9
BOLEACH7
stjotoo
joe
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
eGrandpa
ThatGuy
Go_Blue
Admin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 pm

I have to go with #2, Chucky Dubs, as I tend to call him these days for whatever reason.

But I'm a younger guy. Curious to see what some others think, especially those watching our teams from the 70s-80s.

Assuming BOLEACH will say Leach. I'm sure we'll here AC at least a couple times. And of course we've got some big uglies in here who will say Dierdorf or someone.

Let's hear it...

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:13 am

You called it right!! Anthony Carter. Whenever I think of my first real memories of Michigan football, I will always remember #1 streaking down the field. Nothing but legs. Throughout the years, many come to mind, but my very favorite was AC. I think he single-handidly changed Michigan football and made the forward pass a believer in Bo!!

And there goes #1...ahhh.

Go Blue!!

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am

I really don't have any from the 70's or 80's but if pressed I'd say either Harbaugh or Jamie Morris. I think my favorite is most likely Braylon (yea, yea, I know), of course Desmond is God-like as well.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:16 am

Even though I "wasn't even a twinkle in my daddy's eye", I still watch his TD against IU on Homecoming all the time. Can only imagine what my reaction would have been had I been around then.

eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 am

David Harris
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:50 am

Jamie Morris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The guts and glue of the maize and blue...   Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am

Leach, the "peach".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 am

Icould say Barry Pearson I bowled with him a couple of years or david terral

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 am

HARLAN HUCKLEBY

Strictly for his name.

I was still pretty young and just getting into Michigan Football then.

I'll never ever forget his name!

Oh, he was a halfway decent player too

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:24 pm

I would say #1 AC in the recent era. Perhaps #87 Ron Kramer is a close second. But #98 Tom Harmon in the distant past. #87 and #98 are among the rare numbers retired in Michigan history

joe

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 pm

How many years have you been going to games?

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Woodson was perhaps the most gifted athletically ..... AC was unbelievable , with todays passing he would set records that would never be broken .... he was that good ..... for me though Rick Leach is still the man ..... beat Woody Hayes three straight times including twice in the Shoe .... and both times in CBus he was not 100% ...
Back to top Go down
lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I would have to say that one my all time favs was Marquise Walker, I don't know what it was about him but that kid could play some ball.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 am

lovetheblue1217 wrote:
I would have to say that one my all time favs was Marquise Walker, I don't know what it was about him but that kid could play some ball.

I know I'm going a little off topic but it still surprises me to this day that Walker and Terrell never really panned out in the NFL. Those two were studs at Michigan and had all the makings of a good NFL WR. oh well...they were both great at Michigan! I remember Walker being almost the entire offensive focus in the 2001 season, a year that had just lost offensive stars like Henson, Thomas, and Terrell.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Since I've already mentioned my own U-M days being my fondest memories of everything U-M, I'll have to go with DENNY FRANKLIN. Not only because he was screwed royally through no fault of his own (being denied a single bowl appearance despite a 30-2-1 record as a starter, '72-'74, because of the Big Ten's utterly insane one-bowl-team-only rule through 1974), but because he was a NOVELTY for a Schembechler team up through those times: a QB who passed well enough to be ALLOWED by Bo to throw! And a good runner, and exceptional ball handler (his fakery was legendary).

But equally because he was such a great person; much like the impression Denard gives now. Lacked the wide-as-the-Milky-Way smile for everyone which DR has, but still an affable, warm-natured smile for everyone on the streets. Encountered him walking across one of the diagonals of the Diag (the one leading SE to the old Engin. building arch), (I a junior, he a soph), of course he didn't know me, but still gave me a friendly wave of the face and smile. I reciprocated, and remembered that a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:05 pm

I was born right after he finished his freshman season so I don't have any personal memories of him but Anthony Carter is the player whose highlights I enjoy to watch the most. No disrespect to Braylon Edwards but unlike him, Carter could catch anything. No matter how hard the ball was thrown, Carter could catch it. If the ball was under thrown or maybe just out of reach for other receivers, Carter could still adjust his body to make the catch. He was just a brilliant player.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BlueAlaska

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Tyrone Wheatley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?    Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite to ever don the Maize n Blue?
Page 1 of 1