Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whitlock

Go down 
+7
ThatGuy
jjabilene
EJinGA
the artist formally known
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
MgoBlue
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am

Not sure how I feel about this. He stands behind Hoke but seems to say he is breeding a culture of Prima donnas. Interesting take on guys that pass up the NFL to return for another year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9936259/jason-whitlock-brady-hoke
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 am

You know, I can't make an argument against this. Its hard to take as a fan, but he isn't way out in left field. Seems like an honest assessment of the team.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:56 am

Fire Hoke.

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:35 am

Hoke responds.

http://bit.ly/17eOxU5
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 am

Terrible response. Fire the hack.

the artist formally known

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:24 pm

wahttp://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/michigan/post/_/id/15987/u-m-o-line-not-living-up-to-its-expectations

I was gonna fire up this story , guess I' to late. Reading the article : This story tell how poor the line was when Hoke got there and like we all know most of the recruits were RR. They needed to get some lineman, without a line what can you really do. Michigan will take a few years to get the line to gel but when that happens , watch out.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

"Hoke's team was beaten by his mirror coaching image, Mark Dantonio, who took a bunch of three-star grinders with chips on their shoulders and demolished Hoke's collection of recruiting all-stars."

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 pm

EJinGA wrote:
"Hoke's team was beaten by his mirror coaching image, Mark Dantonio, who took a bunch of three-star grinders with chips on their shoulders and demolished Hoke's collection of recruiting all-stars."

This sounds cute and all, but it's pretty much nonsense. A more accurate statement would be, "Hoke's team was beaten by his mirror coaching image, Mark Dantonio, who took a bunch of fourth and fifth year players that he recruited and demolished Hoke's collection of recruiting all-star freshman and sophomores." I can remember after the ND loss last year, an MSU fan on the rivals board saying that the loss proved that recruiting rankings don't mean anything. Meanwhile, Hoke's first recruiting class consisted of true freshman at the time.  Maybe recruiting rankings are overrated, but there is no way to say that's Hoke's classes at Michigan have not panned out. They are currently true sophomores and freshman.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:07 pm

How was it that the line was at least serviceable against ND's experienced line? That's just baffling to me.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:36 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
How was it that the line was at least serviceable against ND's experienced line?  That's just baffling to me.
As I remember it, the O-line did get owned in that game, but it wasn't considered a big deal because 1) We won, 2)Notre Dame's front seven was considered to be very strong and 3) Gardner played the best game of his career. He was threading the needle with regularity, and using his legs when necessary, and accounted for five touchdowns himself. Fitz averaged 3 per carry, which seems great in retrospect, but is probably just average. Oh, and the really crazy thing, I remember thinking Borges won the battle of coordinators in that game, in particular, coming up with some really effective counters to NDs aggressive linebackers. For whatever reason, we seem to have NDs number.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:14 pm

I can both agree and disagree with this article. However, Whitlock criticizing Coach Hoke for Lewan's play this year is absurd. Lewan was here before Coach Hoke got here, heck Lewan was basically here before Coach Clod got here. Physically no but he was being recruited by Coach Carr. The studs that have been recruited thus far have not panned out as of yet, there's no arguing that. I believe that it is lack of maturity (both emotional as well as physical) that is the problem.

I do agree with Whitlock that the team needs to get off of their high-horse and realize that recruiting rankings have nothing TO DO with how good/bad a person may be in college (where have I heard that before?). It takes hard work to excel at all levels, true the truly elite will play professional one day BUT ONLY AFTER THEY WORK AT THEIR SPORT.

With Ass Williams' blog on potential transfers (which I don't really believe) if it happens it needs to. If/when it doesn't then those players have learned that they need to do the work to get where thy want to be. I'm starting to think that is the culture that Coach Hoke is building here, one where you have to earn your right to play. Not just by "putting in your time" but rather by how you practice and dedicate yourself to the team. Hey, that's exactly what Coach Berenson does with the Hockey team. Michigan Hockey has the longest consecutive tournament appearance streak which was unfortunately snapped last year. However last year there was a major cancer in the locker room who thought that he should just be able to waltz into the locker room and start every night. When that didn't happen he got pissed and played mind games with everyone and guess what we missed for the first time in 23 years? He is gone this year and Michigan in ranked #2 in the country (it's early yet but they have actually earned it at this point).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 am

The saga continues-

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11/07/whitlock-defends-column-ripping-michigan-players-but-says-he-made-a-mistake/
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

Whitlock is a racist piece of shit.

JMHO

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 am

Whitlock is a piece of shit.  So he's backing off his remarks, but he's "not backing off."

Lewan lacks character, "but he meant on the field."  He's a prima donna, but he meant "on the field prima donna."  Thanks for clarifying.

Furthermore, Morris is quirky and immature, and Devin is a pussy basically.  Got it. (what a wealth of knowledge.)

Whitlock "knows how to evaluate offensive linemen because that was his position," better than any fan.  What a douchebag.  Whitcock couldn't make this OL unit and that is how sad he is.

Oh yea, compare Lewan to Javedeon Clowney.  It's totally the same.  Lewan sacrificed millions to fight for the University and team he loves, while Clowney has sacrificed his team mates, South Carolina's season, and his coach's reputation all for himself.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:38 am

joe wrote:
Whitlock is a racist piece of shit.

JMHO
You "one-upped" me on that, well said. lol
Back to top Go down
michmike

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 am

jjabilene wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

This sounds cute and all, but it's pretty much nonsense. A more accurate statement would be, "Hoke's team was beaten by his mirror coaching image, Mark Dantonio, who took a bunch of fourth and fifth year players that he recruited and demolished Hoke's collection of recruiting all-star freshman and sophomores." I can remember after the ND loss last year, an MSU fan on the rivals board saying that the loss proved that recruiting rankings don't mean anything. Meanwhile, Hoke's first recruiting class consisted of true freshman at the time.  Maybe recruiting rankings are overrated, but there is no way to say that's Hoke's classes at Michigan have not panned out. They are currently true sophomores and freshman.
Yes, that statement (Whitlock's) is nonsensical, abilene, but no more so than his assertion that "[the win over] Notre Dame, which was obviously a lucky victory."

Christ, did he even watch that game?  Piling up 460 yards and 25 first downs on offense constitutes "luck", huh?  OK, Jason, next time we'll EARN the victory, by scoring our touchdowns like men---a la Notre Dame---on one-yard drives, grabbing stationary-in-midair balls lobbed from the hand of a QB who should have taken a safety-sack.

When I read something like that, the objectivity of all in the article that follows (or preceded it as well) goes right into the crapper...in my mind, anyway.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I remember Whitlock from when he used to be on ESPN's The Sports reporters. His arguments (on things I was neutral on) were always so poorly constructed that I have never attached any credibility to what he says.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:33 pm

He's a little bit better than Ace Williams, apparently he employs a proofreader, but he's not a lot better than him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whitlock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitlock   Whitlock Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitlock
Page 1 of 1