Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Youth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Youth Empty
PostSubject: Youth   Youth EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Seems to come up as an excuse time and time again. Why is it that freshman and sophomores can play successfully at other top programs. I believe this falls completely on the line coach and coordinator. We have two upperclassmen on that line and there is absolutely no reason the younger players should not be able to step in and have success. One of two things- poor coaching and/or poor evaluation of talent. The line is young excuse might have been good for a couple of games as they got experience but by now improvement should be taking place. It all comes down to coaching, we have good kids!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Youth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth   Youth EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm starting to believe it's in the line coaching.

Youth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth   Youth EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I think it's obviously both. We are a young team, 39 out of 82 scholarship players are freshman--we paid a high transition price. The lines on both sides of the ball are also the areas where it takes the longest for players to grow into. However, when you have this many players, at that many positions, guards, tight-ends and running backs, who can't block, how can it not be coaching. Just like we couldn't tackle with GERG as our defensive coordinator, somebody's asleep at the wheel teaching these kids how to block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Youth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Youth   Youth Empty

Back to top Go down

Youth
Page 1 of 1