Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years

Go down 
+3
wshoes
EJinGA
rasputin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rasputin

rasputin

Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years Empty
PostSubject: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm

In 2011 and most of 2012, Denard's amazing athletic ability kept defenses honest and concealed the poor blocking up front. Now that he has been gone, we are finally seeing how poor the blocking schemes are. This is the first year where Hoke has his players, and we are seeing the product of it every Saturday.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 10:36 pm

I agree. Crappy passer, but he was an amazing runner. Did not perform against good teams, but put up enough wins to cover up the coaching. Good post.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:19 am

EJinGA wrote:
I agree. Crappy passer, but he was an amazing runner. Did not perform against good teams, but put up enough wins to cover up the coaching. Good post.
"crappy passer" who ranked 20th in the nation in "passing" in 2010 (without any running stats included) - do you think RichRod knew how to design an offense to get guys open?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
blueest

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 am

rasputin wrote:
In 2011 and most of 2012, Denard's amazing athletic ability kept defenses honest and concealed the poor blocking up front. Now that he has been gone, we are finally seeing how poor the blocking schemes are. This is the first year where Hoke has his players, and we are seeing the product of it every Saturday.
Denard's passing regressed from 2011-2012. Devin is regressing as well. Unfortunately, I think Devin's confidence is shot right now and I don't see him playing better.
Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:55 am

I think it falls more on Borges and his transparent game plans. One opposing player recently said that they knew the play from the way Michigan lined up.

The last two seasons everyone had UM figured out after Game 2 and planned accordingly.

Posts on other Forums say essentially the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am

squeezebox wrote:
I think it falls more on Borges and his transparent game plans.   One opposing player recently said that they knew the play from the way Michigan lined up.

The last two seasons everyone had UM figured out after Game 2 and planned accordingly.

Posts on other Forums say essentially the same thing.
Yep, and probably the best reason to get rid of Borges. After game 1 everyone has him figured out.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

Just a wild ass question,

What would you guys think about scripting the first 20 plays like some teams have done in Pro football. Hell, Bill Walsh did it and he was one of the smartest coaches ever.

I'm not saying it would work. It's just something I thought of while you guys were talking about tendencies.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Borges would probably run the same 20 plays at the start of all 12 games and then say see that didn't work either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years   Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years Empty

Back to top Go down

Denard masked the incompetence of this coaching staff for two years
Page 1 of 1