Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gardner

Go down 
+4
wshoes
jjabilene
the artist formally known
umichfaninpa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

He has really regressed. Plays scared, doesn't read the "d". I hope Shane is ready for next year.
Back to top Go down

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I get the impression by his attitude he really doesn't give a sh*t.  

Sure looks that way to me.

Actually, I will be glad when he's gone. Very disappointed in him.
Back to top Go down

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Me too. He plays because of the option tnen he keeps gettin tackle for loss.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:41 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
He has really regressed.  Plays scared, doesn't read the "d".  I hope Shane is ready for next year.
Just get ready to start saying, "I hope Wilton is ready for next year".
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 pm

He has struggled big time but I have no idea where you are coming from with the just doesn't care claim- I see zero indication of that. He hung in there and came up big at the end today.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:53 pm

BillMFan wrote:
I get the impression by his attitude he really doesn't give a sh*t.  

Sure looks that way to me.

Actually, I will be glad when he's gone. Very disappointed in him.
Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 am

While I do think Gardner has been part of the problem on offense this year, and part of the playcalling issues have been due to his massive turnovers earlier in the year, I would never question his attitude or desire. He's been through hell the last couple of weeks and handled it fine. I don't think Gardner is great, but he's nowhere near the biggest problem with the offense. He is also light years ahead of Morris at this point, and probably will be next year too.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 am

I hope he is not light years ahead of Morris. If that is the case we are looking at average seasons for several years.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:17 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
I hope he is not light years ahead of Morris.  If that is the case we are looking at average seasons for several years.
Well, I would expect him to be. Shane Morris is a true freshman who missed basically his entire Senior season with Mono. It would be foolish for anyone to expect him to be advanced in his development.

Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead of Morris we are in trouble. If he can't battle for the position next year I would disappointed.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:53 pm

It appeared that Gardner was a different player in the last minute or so of regulation and in the overtimes. It really helped that the running game was resurrected in the overtimes and it appeared (to me) that gave him more confidence and flexibility. Also the defensive front seven really were good in the overtimes. But I also thought that the entire defensive unit did well the entire game. I hope there is an emotional as well as executional carryover into Iowa next week.

hailtoyourvictor

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:44 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead of Morris we are in trouble.  If he can't battle for the position next year I would disappointed.
You expect a 19 year old true freshman who missed nearly his entire senior season of HS football to be as developed as a QB who has been in the program for 4 years?

Some people really don't know how this works.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:18 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
umichfaninpa wrote:
Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead of Morris we are in trouble.  If he can't battle for the position next year I would disappointed.
You expect a 19 year old true freshman who missed nearly his entire senior season of HS football to be as developed as a QB who has been in the program for 4 years?

Some people really don't know how this works.
I agree.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I am looking forward to the Morris/Speight battle in the future.

Gardner is the guy next season, one trillion percent.

As bad as he's looked at times, I personally put a lot of that on the OL. Not ALL of it, but a lot of it.

Morris/Speight in 2015 will be interesting.

umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:37 pm

First of all missing most if his high school season isn't a huge huge deal. The kid has gone to tons of camps and had all off season to recoup from that. He had this fall season and will have another off season( winter), spring practice and then all the work he does in the summer. Devin never played much QB till DR got hurt and spent most of last year as a receiver. I know how it works and I know that there are quite a few freshman QB starters in major college football that are playing quite well, some only 18. Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead we are in trouble. Gardner is a bright kid obviously and I know he hasn't had the benefit a good line but he is not a good QB. But hail you are probably right because you know it all.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:38 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
First of all missing most if his high school season isn't a huge huge deal.  The kid has gone to tons of camps and had all off season to recoup from that.  He had  this fall season and will have another off season( winter), spring practice and then all the work he does in the summer.  Devin never played much QB till DR got hurt and spent most of last year as a receiver.  I know how it works and I know that there are quite a few freshman QB starters in major college football that are playing quite well, some only 18.  Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead we are in trouble.  Gardner is a bright kid obviously and I know he hasn't had the benefit a good line but he is not a good QB.  But hail you are probably right because you know it all.
I stopped reading when you dismissed the value of in-game experience and said it can be replaced by camps. Learn more, pout less.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Keep spinning it hail like you always do. Like I said if Gardner is light years ahead we are in trouble, at least for those of us who want to see a consistent top ten program.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 pm

How am I spinning it? I said Shane Morris is behind in his development because:
A) He had to miss nearly his entire senior football season.
B) He is a true freshman.

Those are facts. If you really think because Shane Morris isn't a starting level Big Ten QB right now that he can't be in a year or two, then you really don't get how this works.

True freshmen QB that come in and perform right away are by far the exception and not the rule.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 pm

I said next year he should compete, go back and check. I didn't say he should have won the position this year. Like I said I read your post and you always try to spin things in your favor.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:59 am

umichfaninpa wrote:
I hope he is not light years ahead of Morris.  If that is the case we are looking at average seasons for several years.
I definitely think Gardner is way ahead of Morris at this point, maybe light years was an exaggeration. I don't think Gardner is great either, but he's not terrible, with a good line he would probably be fine, but he really can't read defenses very well, and he doesn't have an accurate arm. When he's healthy, his legs are a pretty good weapon though, and his arm is definitely strong. I think he's mediocre. This is just my opinion, but I'm getting a bad feeling about Morris. I just don't see him as a potential star anymore, just hoping he can be solid. He may be closer to competing with Gardner next year, but I'll be really surprised if he's better than him. I agree that he'll be competing with Speight in two years.
Back to top Go down

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:53 pm

man If any QB needed a QB coach its gardner, his delivery is to low, he waits to long to throw. He feet are moving and he's late with the ball. Hail watch where the ball is even when he;s got time the balls to low, feet are set and his shoulders are not pointed to target

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardner   Gardner Empty

Back to top Go down

Gardner
Page 1 of 1