Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for tickets early?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Looking for tickets early?  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 am

Here's the link to our home games on StubHub.

Ugh, what a crappy home schedule. Not to mention there's only 6.

I DON'T LIKE THAT ALABAMA GAME AT ALL.

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=michigan+football&searchMode=event&rows=50&start=0&nS=0&ae=1&sp=Date&sd=1&category=6346;Michigan+Wolverines+Football

exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Hey Admin, your pic of "Hail, Yes! I have the original front page.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm so jealous. We bought the reprint of it (what u see in the avatar), but I would love to have an original.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:23 pm

I would like to just say for the record that I HATE Brandon's stance on not having MSU/OSU at night!!!!!!!

I am assuming that Air Force will be our night game.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Ya know, I might have   Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:28 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Hey Admin, your pic of "Hail, Yes! I have the original front page.

The original of this too.

I bought as many newspapers as I could the day after the NC was won.

I'll have to look thru my archives

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Willie, so you think we'll definitely have a night game every year now?

Not saying I don't. This upcoming season just doesn't seem to have that 'premier' game on it (at home).

If they do have one, you may be right in AF. I think the only other option is Illinois. I don't see then scheduling night games in late Oct early Nov...it could be pretty cold.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:01 pm

I really would think so. I feel like it was at least implied last year when Brandon was dangling the behave or I will take away your new toy routine last year for the ND game.

That was like a 2 million dollar project. I would hope they would try to get some usage out of them.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:30 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I really would think so. I feel like it was at least implied last year when Brandon was dangling the behave or I will take away your new toy routine last year for the ND game.

That was like a 2 million dollar project. I would hope they would try to get some usage out of them.

Uh, what was The Big Chill? Even though it's during the day, the Winter Classic will be using them. You can't play hockey with even minimal shadows.

Yea, I don't see Michigan having a night game next year. No way it's Illinois, not Homecoming, no way. Too many traditionalist's wouldn't go for that. Air Force is a possibility, and Northwestern is a very distant possibility. Other than that, next year doesn't look like a night game. Umass, nope, too small of a school. Illinois is Homecoming so nada. We don't need the drunk spartys in A2 at night. Iowa is another very slight possibility but so minimal that I automatically put it in the no pile.

king

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm

My bad, I didn't realize UofI was the HC game. I agree, no chance they do HC at night.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Funny we should be talking about this. No night game in 2012:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120209/SPORTS0201/202090452/1361/No-night-football-game-at-U-M-in-2012--but-don-t-count-out-2013

I think this is total crap. We are missing out on a great atmosphere on a big stage (prime time national tv). Look at the recruiting side of things too. Being at the ND game last year had to be amazing for recruits. This is the first thing that Brandon has done that I do not agree with. Good thing he still has a pretty high batting average.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:15 am

I do not have a link to support this but before the night game last year Brandon was asked if this would become an annual event. Of course his first concern was that the fans behaved, but if there were no significant issues resulting from the night game, yes he is open to having more. Brandon did add that it's more than just a night game, lots of work needs to be done in preparation for a night game. The opponent must also be special, Michigan will not have a night game just to have a night game.

I guess that I can see us buying out way out of the UCONN game on 9/21 next year and having a home-and-home with another major program. Michigan goes to (for the sake of argument) Va. Tech. in 2013, then Va. Tech comes here in 2014 for a night game.

It could go the other way too but I'd think that having our end on the road coinciding with Notre Dame coming to A2. That way we do not have large swings in home games (read money) like last year and this coming year, 8 home games down to 6 home games. A constant 7 home games would be good.

IMO only Notre Dame, in odd number years, would be special enough (unless Brandon gets some other big name team). But also, I'm thinking repeatedly playing Notre Dame at night would lessen the experience. That would mean having the next night game in 2014 though. Since the article said don't rule out 2013 yet (which I'm not) how about Minnesota for a night game that year?

Think about it? Sure, it most likely wouldn't be a very close game but IT IS THE OLDEST TROPHY GAME in history. That's special, and ewe all know that Michigan is about tradition (read history). It could happen, it really could.

So night game in 2011 against Notre Dame.
No night game in 2012.
Night game in 2013 against Minnesota.
Night game in 2014 against Va. Tech*.
Night game in 2015 against Notre Dame.
No night game in 2016.

See, that pattern could work. 1 night game every 4 years against Notre Dame, followed by a year of no night game, followed by a B1G night game, followed by an arbitrary big name program. Then the cycle repears itself. Of course the years are subject to change.

See, I could do this AD thing...

***OK, I cut & pasted a lot in this comment rearranging my thoughts and it's late so I'm not thinking clearly. That will explain the incoherence of my post.* Very Happy

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for tickets early?    Looking for tickets early?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for tickets early?
Page 1 of 1