Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borges's predictability

Go down 
+2
wshoes
squeezebox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
squeezebox

Borges's predictability Empty
PostSubject: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:27 pm

In his press conference, Borges stated that they ran 42 different formations on Saturday and was proud of it.  This out of 87 total plays.

This confirms what was said on a forum, don't remember where, that each formation has only one or two variations.  As one Nebraska player said, "we knew exactly what play Michigan was going to run".

Borges tries to get too smart and thinks that numerous formations confuse the opponents, whereas it actually tips off the play, if the opposing coordinator is worthy of his pay check.

This may also be a reason that the young linemen are having a problem keeping up with 42 different blocking assignments.  I'm sure there are others in this forum that are more competent and can give their opinion on this aspect.

27 years in the business and he still doesn't have a clue.

No touchdowns in 4 quarters and people say that this win will help him to keep his job in 2014.

Maybe we should make this go viral and help grease the slide on his way out of A².
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:53 pm

What's troubling is that his offenses get worse over time- that is his history.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 pm

That's the point.

Each season, it takes about 3 weeks into the season for opposing coordinators to get a read on Borges.

Do you think that the predictability factor figures in the mix?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I think that Borges is gone after this season.  Hoke knows that he has recruited some elite o-linemen, and has a lot of talent.  I think he will make the right desicsion.  Hopefully he goes after Cam.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Fish I hope you are right. After rewatching some games it isn't only the young lineman missing assignments. Both Borges and funk need to go.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
Fish I hope you are right.  After rewatching some games it isn't only the young lineman missing assignments.  Both Borges and funk need to go.
I'm probably just having some wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:44 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
umichfaninpa wrote:
Fish I hope you are right.  After rewatching some games it isn't only the young lineman missing assignments.  Both Borges and funk need to go.
I'm probably just having some wishful thinking.
Right there wishing with you, Fish!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm

42 different sets why not have 9 sets with 6 variation, thats 54 plays outta each set. make it harder on the D wide x slot z i formation 53. pistol set wide right z lef t 54

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 pm

That's the point and what other teams do.

And probably the reason why Borges's offenses get stuck in reverse as the season wares on.

And it didn't take you 27 seasons to figure it out ;o)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borges's predictability   Borges's predictability Empty

Back to top Go down

Borges's predictability
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: