Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can we decline a bowl bid?

Go down 
+7
the artist formally known
umichfaninpa
fishgoblue22
jjabilene
tmorris
dwoody
MichiganFootball13
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Can we decline a bowl bid? Empty
PostSubject: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Please can we? This team does not deserve to even sniff a bowl game…pathetic
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:19 pm

It would just be one more loss, but God knows they need the practice.
Back to top Go down
tmorris

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Gonna be a pre Christmas bowl game so not much practice. I don't see this turning around easily.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:24 pm

tmorris wrote:
Gonna be a pre Christmas bowl game so not much practice. I don't see this turning around easily.
I'm almost hoping for that, but with the crap-filled Big Ten, and our former reputation still being a factor, we could easily end up in the Gator Bowl as a JV matchup for an SEC school. That thought is terrifying.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Boy, that would be the dumbest fucking thing in history. UM needs those 15 practices. Only a fucking fool would not want to go to a bowl game.
Back to top Go down
tmorris

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:15 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Boy, that would be the dumbest fucking thing in history.  UM needs those 15 practices.  Only a fucking fool would not want to go to a bowl game.
15 practices? Hell its gonna take seasons to right this ship. Obviously the chance to reward the kids as well as the financial benefit will drive the obvious choice to take a bowl bid. I don't think it will come down to a second tier SEC though. I just don't see a New Years day game. Moreover the coaching staff from the absolute top down appears stagnant to me. I cant hardly stand to look at Hoke when they put his face on the screen. He has the look of acceptance of this and all that it brings with it.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

tmorris wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Boy, that would be the dumbest fucking thing in history.  UM needs those 15 practices.  Only a fucking fool would not want to go to a bowl game.
15 practices? Hell its gonna take seasons to right this ship. Obviously the chance to reward the kids as well as the financial benefit will drive the obvious choice to take a bowl bid. I don't think it will come down to a second tier SEC though. I just don't see a New Years day game. Moreover the coaching staff from the absolute top down appears stagnant to me. I cant hardly stand to look at Hoke when they put his face on the screen. He has the look of acceptance of this and all that it brings with it.
If RR got beat up for his lack of defense, Hoke should face the same criticism for his lack of offense.  Way to much talent to be so bad on offense.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Agree fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 pm

okay i type this once, We'll get the Dallas bowl vs TCU 1500 Michigan fan 25000 Texas fans, Michigan will have 5 turnovers and will have 185 yrds of offense 52 on the ground TCU will run 85 plays and Michigan 25 . fINAL SCORE Micigan 13 TCU 35

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:41 pm

TCU is 4-7.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:47 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If RR got beat up for his lack of defense, Hoke should face the same criticism for his lack of offense.  Way to much talent to be so bad on offense.
Agree with you, the one thing that gives me Hope is that his first two full recruiting classes are still almost totally intact, and they are huge. Attrition seemed to be constant under RR, even with players he recruited. Just not so sure they can coach the players on the offensive side of the ball. Still think Borges is his version of Greg Robinson. He would be very wise to can that guy after this season.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm

jjabilene wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Agree with you, the one thing that gives me Hope is that his first two full recruiting classes are still almost totally intact, and they are huge. Attrition seemed to be constant under RR, even with players he recruited. Just not so sure they can coach the players on the offensive side of the ball. Still think Borges is his version of Greg Robinson. He would be very wise to can that guy after this season.
I wonder if Can Cameron would leave LSU after one year to come back to UM.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:05 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
tmorris wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Agree 1,000%.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Practices are important- you can't turn that down. The money though is a negative. For the minor bowls, between expenses and ticket guarantees, the school will lose money.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:31 pm

They might be traveling to Detroit so it may not be that expensive.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:37 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I THINK- that our 7th win likely eliminated Detroit as a destination.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:44 pm

wshoes wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
I THINK- that our 7th win likely eliminated Detroit as a destination.
Yeah, my guess is the Gator Bowl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm

I pretty sure we are slated for the Texas bowl in Dallas against Arlington High school or the winner of the THSAA class AAA winer

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
From what I have seen, the B1G won't qualify enough teams to get to the Pizza Bowl. They are 8th in the pecking order and only 7 B1G qualify.

The pecking order is:

1st Rose
2nd Cap One
3rd Outback
4th Buffalo WW
5th Gator
6th Texas Bowl
7th Heart of Dallas
8th Pizza

It looks like we will end up in Texas. Texas Bowl is played in Houston on 27 Dec with a payout of $1,700,000. Heart of Dallas is played on Jan 1 in the Cotton Bowl with a payout of $1,100,000.

Go Blue!! Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:34 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I pretty sure we are slated for the Texas bowl in Dallas against Arlington High school or the winner of the THSAA class AAA winer

lol! 

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:05 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
From what I have seen, the B1G won't qualify enough teams to get to the Pizza Bowl.  They are 8th in the pecking order and only 7 B1G qualify.  

The pecking order is:

1st Rose
2nd Cap One
3rd Outback
4th Buffalo WW
5th Gator
6th Texas Bowl
7th Heart of Dallas
8th Pizza

It looks like we will end up in Texas.  Texas Bowl is played in Houston on 27 Dec with a payout of $1,700,000.  Heart of Dallas is played on Jan 1 in the Cotton Bowl with a payout of $1,100,000.

Go Blue!!   Smile

God the B1G is so bad and yet we still can't manage a descent season. I am going to fucking cry.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:33 pm

That's what really gets me down too.

We're not just bad, we're bad in a VERY, VERY down conference.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we decline a bowl bid?   Can we decline a bowl bid? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we decline a bowl bid?
Page 1 of 1