Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kozan ?

Go down 
+8
michmike
Admin
BetterThansparty
Orion_Wolverine
WillieMfan
fishgoblue22
the artist formally known
tonyc1257
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyc1257

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

When will this Kozan saga come to an end ? Anyone know when the kid will finally pull the trigger on his committment ? Would be a nice cap to the recruiting season to get him, along with Gibbs and the rest......I could see S.I. doing a story on the "new Monsters of the Midway" or better yet, the Midwest, with the size and ability of these recruits for the O line.
Back to top Go down

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:27 pm

After all this time to me for 1 it as become a non factor, think this class is really pretty good w/o him , as long as he doesn't go to tO$U it does not matter anymore.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Or MSU.   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:46 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
After all this time to me for 1 it as become a non factor, think this class is really pretty good w/o him , as long as he doesn't go to tO$U it does not matter anymore.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 pm

the artist formally known wrote:

Yea I am kind of over him at this point. If he does come to AA then great but I am done with Kozan watch 2012.

Anyone know if Rojo has committed yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 pm

A little indecision is one thing, but this is bordering on ridiculous. He has talked to coaches from all 3 schools multiple times, visited each school, has had ample time to evaluate the academics, life style, etc. Time to man up and make a decision.

Everyday this goes on I think he becomes a bigger risk to end up transferring the first time he becomes uncomfortable. Either that, or he is waiting on the cash deposit from Auburn in the off shore account to be verified...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Anyone know if Rojo has committed yet? Razz

That's so MLive, get that crap outta here!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Kozan can keep walking in the woods to try and find himself for all I care.

I don't know if this kid just thinks he's the shit, or if he's legit unsure of what to do, but it's time to decide.

I doubt any of the coaches of these three schools are very happy about it.

If he comes, he comes.

But I won't be holding my breath and at this point really could care less.

I think I might actually like to see him go to Iowa so I can see PeeWee and others just work his ass for 3-4 years.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Orion_Wolverine wrote:

Either that, or he is waiting on the cash deposit from Auburn in the off shore account to be verified...

So true. I here he hired Cam Newton's dad to represent him in the negotiations.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:07 am

Frankly, I'd rather he go ELSEWHERE. We have four OL incomers who are all at least as good (at least highly-rated) as he. And both he and now-history Diamond both come across, to this pea-brain anyhow, as "What's-in-it-for-me?" egomaniacs.

And that kind we don't need. For all the great things he and his staff have done for our program in one freaking year, coach Hoke's biggest forte, IMHO, is his successful promotion of "The team, the team, the team!" and the inherent comaraderie which accompanied it.

Of course I could be wrong; Kozan, Diamond et al are only 18-year-old kids who have growing up to do, and will. But I just see more of the "Me! Me!" crap from them than from any of our other 2012 recruits.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Yeah mike, I'm leaning the same way.    Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:39 am

michmike wrote:
Frankly, I'd rather he go ELSEWHERE. We have four OL incomers who are all at least as good (at least highly-rated) as he. And both he and now-history Diamond both come across, to this pea-brain anyhow, as "What's-in-it-for-me?" egomaniacs.

And that kind we don't need. For all the great things he and his staff have done for our program in one freaking year, coach Hoke's biggest forte, IMHO, is his successful promotion of "The team, the team, the team!" and the inherent comaraderie which accompanied it.

Of course I could be wrong; Kozan, Diamond et al are only 18-year-old kids who have growing up to do, and will. But I just see more of the "Me! Me!" crap from them than from any of our other 2012 recruits.

As a matter of fact, I read a story about him the other day, and I looked at his picture and thought "what an egomaniac".
Back to top Go down
michmike

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 am

Fish--- in what way? Something he said, the way he looked, or the way he carried himself?

Not that it matters; I'm convinced of his obsession with himself. One of these days he's gonna be rudely awakened from his sweet dream. By someone, somewhere, under some circumstances.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

I just thought he looked smug in his picture, and then you add to it being a over a week since signing day, and I probably inferred that he is an egomaniac.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

I'm cautious about this.

Every time a player or coach does something that is slightly out of the ordinary the fans, bloggers and forumites all start jumping on them.

I do not have any idea what the kid has going on in his life. I don't have any idea if he's an egomaniac.

The fact is, there are only 3 people that this should be bothering so much and those are the 3 head coaches.

But with the advent of the internet and blogging and tweeting comes instant gratification. "We Want it NOW dammit!"

I'll liken the February signing date with a speed limit sign. This is the LIMIT! This doesn't mean everyone has to sign on NSD and everyone doesn't have to go 45MPH. The sign is not a MINIMUM speed. And NSD is not a "sign it today or never" day.

I may be unclear.

When there is a 45MPH sign drivers assume EVERYONE will be driving AT LEAST 45. This is an incorrect assumption since 45 is really the MAXIMUM speed.

Anyway, maybe I've lost everyone.

In simple terms, I will wait and see without judgement on the kid.

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I'm cautious about this.

Every time a player or coach does something that is slightly out of the ordinary the fans, bloggers and forumites all start jumping on them.

I'll liken the February signing date with a speed limit sign. This is the LIMIT! This doesn't mean everyone has to sign on NSD and everyone doesn't have to go 45MPH. The sign is not a MINIMUM speed. And NSD is not a "sign it today or never" day.

The nice thing about a forum is everyone gets to air their opinion.

I for one did not jump on the kid, just said in my mind his inability to make up his mind is a red flag about his longevity at the school he does select. This is based on years of experience hiring folks for a living. The risk is that the first time his nose gets out of joint he may question his decision and decide to move on. Michigan has had too many of these types in the last few years, which is one big reason for all the depth issues.

Also, and I hate to say it, but anytime Auburn is involved you have to consider their history and question if everything is on the up and up. Same with Ohio, USC, Oregon, Alabama, LSU and others.

One last point. I have two daughters in college now. While neither is an athlete, they each had to go through the process of visiting schools and ultimately selecting one. They have completely different personalities, and approached the process differently. However, there came a point where both had to make a decision and get on with their education.

All I am saying is that after at least a year of evaluating his options he should know what he wants and where he wants to go. Nothing that he knows now is going to change in the next week or month. If he cannot make a choice his parents should help to move him to make a decision and help him get on with his life.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

There was some mention about a family issue slowing him down.

I don't know where I read it or when but if that is the case then most of the stuff you just posted is not valid IN HIS CASE.

This is the reason I'm reserving judgement.

Have you heard anything about family being involved?

fishgoblue22

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Orion, I agree with you. At some point he needs to pick. I've always been a pretty decisive guy. I way the options, make a decision and then act.

I just can't relate to wishy washyness. When my daughter decided to attend NC State, after looking at a few schools, it was done. Then when we decided to move to Indiana for a better job, she came to us and said "What do you think I should do"? We told her it was her decision to make, and if she wanted to come with us she was welcome, but if she wanted to stay and attend NC State, that was fine too. She took about a week to way her options and decided to move to Indy. She then enrolled in a community college to establish residency, and has now been accepted to Purdue.

I just think he has had time to make a decision, and if he still can't that is a red flag to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Haven't heard anything like that. If that's true, you are correct, it would mitigate the risk. If it is true, I hope it is nothing too serious.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

stjoe, I haven't heard anything about family issues. If that is the case, then yes it makes sense, but if not, I just don't get the hold up.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Well now I can't find anything about it anywhere.

It was probably noted in a forum so had no real backing.

I guess I'm a little more laid back. Maybe there is a family issue. Maybe there's another issue. I dunno.

But if we get him GOOD. If we don't, GOOD.

We're in a no lose position.

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

when is this kid going to freaking decide
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:51 pm

When he is ready ... Smile
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Ok fish, I figured   Kozan ? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
stjoe, I haven't heard anything about family issues. If that is the case, then yes it makes sense, but if not, I just don't get the hold up.

Out who posted it.

It was UberBluer over on the "other" forum.

"More seriously, there are purportedly some family issues (medical?) that have made the recruiting process have a lower priority than one might expect. I have no idea of the credibility of that information." was his comment

lolatosu

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm sure he is waiting to see who Iowa hires as their new offensive coordinator. He probably still wants to go there but withdrew when he heard Okeefe was leaving for Miami, casting a doubt over the programs offensive direction. If Iowa hires the right guy I'm sure he'll sign with them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:56 pm

I guess this kid's decision means almost nothing to us anymore after today. I mean, be nice to have him for competition, depth, etc., but whatever. Go to Iowa and get smoked.

MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Sorry to bring up an old issue but when is the absolute latest this kid can sign his LOI?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Hell, probably up until the first day of fall camp. And I say that date as the last day (in terms of having any chance of seeing playing time his first year), but in no way do I think there's an actual deadline.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:39 am

I thought that we left this guy for dead...?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kozan ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kozan ?   Kozan ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kozan ?
Page 1 of 1