Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I want to apologize for my negativity

Go down 
+5
FuzzyM
mgoblue93
wshoes
EJinGA
rasputin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rasputin

rasputin

I want to apologize for my negativity  Empty
PostSubject: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:06 am

It is a product of my high expectations for this year. I have done some serious cooling off the past few days, and I now believe a few big things:

1) Hoke is one offensive coordinator away from being very successful. The D has improved over the past weeks, and I am actually seeing individual player development.

2) Mike Debord is still working at the university. I believe there is a good chance he will be our OC next year. I believe Hoke and Debord were on the same UM staff at one point. If not him, then bring in Norm Chow. Yes, he has been a subpar HC, but man did he have good offenses at USC.

3) The whole hot seat thing has opened old issues pertaining to the 2010 coaching search. While the "official" story is that Hoke was the guy all along, I am skeptical. I find it hard to believe that both Miles and Harbaugh didn't want the job.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 am

It's sad when we have to hope that a new OC will come in and save his ass. Hoke should be successful despite who his OC is. If Borges is not doing his job, take the power away from him.

Miles could have come to Michigan and been a big fish in a small pond, but why leave LSU? Harbaugh likely would have been the new coach had he not been offered the Niners job.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:55 am

The job was never offered to either Miles or Harbaugh. If Brandon had fired RR when he had his mind made up (after the PSU game, or more likely after OSU), instead of waiting to reduce the buy-out to RR and make it impossible for him to get a HC job for 2011, then we it may have been different. That recruiting class would have a whole lot better.

Whether Brandon's motive was to screw RR (save money), make it less likely that Denard would transfer, or he wanted Hoke all along and had to go through the charade of a search to satisfy boosters, or some combination of those, I don't know.

Norm Chow is too old and no thanks to Debord.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:00 am

wshoes wrote:
The job was never offered to either Miles or Harbaugh. If Brandon had fired RR when he had his mind made up (after the PSU game, or more likely after OSU), instead of waiting to reduce the buy-out to RR and make it impossible for him to get a HC job for 2011, then we it may have been different. That recruiting class would have a whole lot better.

Whether Brandon's motive was to screw RR (save money), make it less likely that Denard would transfer, or he wanted Hoke all along and had to go through the charade of a search to satisfy boosters, or some combination of those, I don't know.

Norm Chow is too old and no thanks to Debord.

'shoes
In Brandon's defense, RichRod had already cost us enough. We picked up the tab for the WVU buyout and then stretch gate did occur on his watch, (whether it was his fault or not it was additional expenses.) Richrod was paid a substantial amount of money, and in Brandon's view the ROI we got probably burned him more than anything. I think he would have eaten the cost if he knew he could get a top choice, but it didn't look like there were many options at the time.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyM

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:07 pm

EJinGA wrote:
It's sad when we have to hope that a new OC will come in and save his ass. Hoke should be successful despite who his OC is. If Borges is not doing his job, take the power away from him.

Miles could have come to Michigan and been a big fish in a small pond, but why leave LSU? Harbaugh likely would have been the new coach had he not been offered the Niners job.
Explain this to me? Yes Miles is a big fish...are you saying M is a small pond? Or am I reading this wrong?

I do agree with you though...he is the perfect fit for LSU.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Look Miles is not the answer, Cam would be nice as an OC, but would he leave LSU. Jack Harbaugh would be nice, but at what cost, That being said. I myself is not sure Hoke is the right candidate, maybe when he was hired , but to get to the next level I myself am not sure,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Hoke was NOT the #1 choice all along, I don't give a damn who says what.

Simply reading Bacon's book will give you that much info. The rest is all up for debate. But Hoke was NOT the #1 choice, there's no debate.

As for Mike Debord, I was completely unaware that he's currently employed by the university.

Norm Chow - Sounds good to me.

As for the Les Miles chatter...Les Miles had committed to Michigan prior to the RR hiring. The problem is that the people at the top (at UM) couldn't keep their damn mouths shut, and it got out to the media in less than a day. Kirk Herbstreit was the man who broke the news on a evening edition of Sportscenter. Les had already agreed in principle to take over the program following LSU's national championship game. But, when UM showed it couldn't keep its mouths shut, he backed out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:30 pm

The quote from Les Miles to Bill Martin and Mary Sue Coleman on a conference call: "I could never say 'no' to Michigan."

(until they didn't hold up their end of the bargain and keep their mouths shut. What a shame.)

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Admin wrote:

As for Mike Debord, I was completely unaware that he's currently employed by the university.

Norm Chow - Sounds good to me.

Ditto on both.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

FuzzyM wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

Explain this to me?  Yes Miles is a big fish...are you saying M is a small pond? Or am I reading this wrong?

I do agree with you though...he is the perfect fit for LSU.
Sorry, I meant in the B10. He would be a big shot like Urban Meyer, where in the SEC he is just another great coach. Plus if his coaching talents would translate over, he would have an easier road to a BCS at Michigan.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:06 pm

God no to Debord he is worse than Borges, get Cameron and get a QB coach and a new OL coach as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to apologize for my negativity    I want to apologize for my negativity  Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to apologize for my negativity
Page 1 of 1