Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borges is gone!

Go down 
+8
wshoes
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
umichfaninpa
hailtoyourvictor
booboo
MichiganFootball13
jjabilene
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:11 pm

My boss said he just received a text and I checked that it was posted on mgoblog. I think this is great news. Hopefully, it will be like what Beilein did a few years ago, made the tough choice and it was the right move.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Just saw this…WOW!
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:30 pm

its a move they had to do, glad they did it now, tells the recruits we're serious about doing whatever it takes in making M FB very good again.

Maybe it puts other asst. coaches on notice as well, do a better job coaching up these kids or you're gone.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Nice

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Thank you Hoke.

I am shocked...........didn't really think it would happen.

Wonder why now? New replacement just finish a bowl game?
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Just got the text alert a little while ago. I hope this is the change we needed.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Ok, what now?  I'm happy about this change, but who is available?  Can Cam Cameron be persuaded to leave LSU after only one season?
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 pm

What about Funk? Was he not released, also?
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 pm

BMF, I hope that position is looked at as well. Also, hope we hire a QB coach as it is needed.
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Greg Studrawa OL coach at LSU just resigned to pursue other opportunities. Hmmm.

Never heard of him! Ha.

Doesn't mean he's going to UM though, just sayin.
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Im shocked , I trully thought that this would not go down, I;m out a 6 pack of beer. I thought if they made any move it would be Funk. Where are we going now.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:21 pm

I think it is a significant positive though as you all note who we hire is both interesting and critical.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:15 pm

I am expecting a big hire. Brandon spent good money already on assistants but I expect him to pay whatever it takes to get the guy they want.

I am so friggen happy Hoke made this move. I think it does reinstall The team, The team, The team.

I will throw out some names-

Matt Canada-Currently at NC State who is coming off a really bad season. He was pretty damn successful running man ball at Wisconsin.
Cam Cameron-this is just a name being thrown around not sure if he would leave LSU.
Lane Kiffin-Hasn't really been mentioned for HC positions. Might have to take a step back.
Noel Mazzone-UCLA coordinator. Word is Michigan has already reached out to him.

It is also being reported that Michigan has reached out to a NFL assistant but no name has been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Not sure how good Kiffin is. He succeeded as OC at USC when they had some huge talent edges under Carroll. It'd be nice not to have to depend on outmanning everyone every year because that isn't realistic.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Not to mention it is highly unlikely. Hoke is a character guy and Kiffin's is questionable. Still it is fun to throw out names and speculated.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:33 pm

In this dog eat dog business world, and this is business (Brandonomics in this case), bottom line performance is the only thing to be considered. Unfortunately the UM offensive statistics in the past year have been terrible. I hate to see anybody lose a job, but bottom line ineptitude is fatal.

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:39 pm

FWIW

"Apparently Kirk Herbstreit knows who our new OC is, says it's a college guy, and a great hire. We should know very shortly."
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:53 pm

HOLY COW SHIT BATMAN!!!!  Thank you BH and/or DB (and I don't care who's idea/decision it was!!)  Smile  To be honest jj, I thought you were screwing with us when I read the topic, and I was going to be PISSED at you!!!!   LOL

I don't know much about Mazzone except they made a hell of a comeback against Neb with a bunch of young players, but most are saying he won't leave.  I posted quite a while ago that Cam Cameron would work really well, but I am just not sure he would want to leave LSU right now. I mean they did just get the #1 RB in the country.....but ya never know.

We (BH) just need to do a great job with this hire as it will surely have a long term affect on recruiting.  Like someone else mentioned, I find the timing interesting.

Go Blue!!   Smile

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
FWIW

"Apparently Kirk Herbstreit knows who our new OC is, says it's a college guy, and a great hire. We should know very shortly."

Uhhh, remember just how "spot-on" he was with the Les Miles to UM story?? But, in this case pretty much any of the "experts" would feel safe making that statement!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
HOLY COW SHIT BATMAN!!!!  Thank you BH and/or DB (and I don't care who's idea/decision it was!!)  Smile  To be honest jj, I thought you were screwing with us when I read the topic, and I was going to be PISSED at you!!!!   LOL

I don't know much about Mazzone except they made a hell of a comeback against Neb with a bunch of young players, but most are saying he won't leave.  I posted quite a while ago that Cam Cameron would work really well, but I am just not sure he would want to leave LSU right now. I mean they did just get the #1 RB in the country.....but ya never know.

We (BH) just need to do a great job with this hire as it will surely have a long term affect on recruiting.  Like someone else mentioned, I find the timing interesting.

Go Blue!!   Smile

Come on Joe, we know you wanted to keep Borges! Don't cry now! LOL
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

BillMFan wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:

Go Blue!!   Smile

Come on Joe, we know you wanted to keep Borges! Don't cry now! LOL

Dang....I really thought I was fooling everyone....just too sharp for me Bill!! LOL

BTW - cautious excitement until the new OC is hired!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Little surprise they made this move prior tp signing day, Hoke may even have had some conversation with recruits. I pretty sure it was Brady Hoke or Borges and BH didn't have much of a choice, if he wanted to stay..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Names are all speculation as of now, but for an NFL guy, how about Mike Sullivan?

He worked his way up to through the Giants organization and became their QB coach. He is considered to be innovative with his offense and was the Tampa Bay Offensive Coordinator for the past two years. The Bucs offense was terrible this year, but keep in mind they lost their star running back and started a rookie 3rd round pick most of the year.

Would solve our QB coach problems and OC problems. Apparently, he was one of the lead candidates for the Army Head Coach position.
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:16 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Names are all speculation as of now, but for an NFL guy, how about Mike Sullivan?

He worked his way up to through the Giants organization and became their QB coach. He is considered to be innovative with his offense and was the Tampa Bay Offensive Coordinator for the past two years. The Bucs offense was terrible this year, but keep in mind they lost their star running back and started a rookie 3rd round pick most of the year.

Would solve our QB coach problems and OC problems. Apparently, he was one of the lead candidates for the Army Head Coach position.

Sounds like an ideal hire for us, Hail. Shit, about anything would be better IMO. Ha.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:22 pm

Speculation is heating up that it's Cam Cameron. The word is That Miles might have given Cameron his blessing to go back to U-M, like John Harbaugh did with Mattison.

Still a rumor at this point but some well respected bloggers are reporting it.
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

I said as the season wore on there was something wrong in the locker room to cause them to lose their focus like they did. Did the players get tired of the inept play-calling and just give up?

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Speculation is heating up that it's Cam Cameron.  The word is That Miles might have given Cameron his blessing to go back to U-M, like John Harbaugh did with Mattison.

Still a rumor at this point but some well respected bloggers are reporting it.

Nice. Personally, I sure hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

So I just realized that you all had the Kirk Herbstreit news before I made the thread lol

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 pm

And just like that Twitter is turning on the Cameron rumors. Looking like Herbstreit is a fucking prick again as I doubt any other D1 OC would get us that excited. I doubt Bama's OC will be leaving.

I hate Michigan coaching searches.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Holy shit!!! Nussmeyer rumors are heating up. Sam Webb is tweeting it as well as other sites. Not official but has legs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Borges is gone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges is gone!   Borges is gone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Borges is gone!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next