Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News Conference

Go down 
+4
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
GOBLUEJOE66
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Nothing earth shattering. Pretty much the happy/blessed/excited to be at UM, lots of work to do, we are going to establish the run, etc. He did say that the O is going to dictate the pace of the game, which I think he means the plays will be sent in quickly enough to allow for the QB to change it if needed. That, to me, would be a welcome change! Seems to have a LOT more personality that Borg-ass!! Smile And, one thing I noticed is that he tends to sway left and right when he puts his hands in his pockets. LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Plus his wife isn't hard to look at.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 pm

did he say if he's going to be on the side lines or not during the game? ha ha  Very Happy 

GOBLUEJOE66

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:52 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
did he say if he's going to be on the side lines or not during the game? ha ha  Very Happy 

He didn't, but that is a question I have. That and if he is will he wear a frickin headset?? LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/new_oc_doug_nussmeier_when_you.html

includes picture of his wife and family. And, a couple of pictures of him doing something Borg-ass didn't do....SMILE!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Two things..

"I'm a big believer that leaders get to pick their teams," Brandon said. "And Brady makes all decisions as it relates to the people he wants to surround himself with to have success.

"When Brady first called me and identified Doug, my first reaction was, 'wow, that would be great, but really?' "I read that article and the last thk.... are we still quarterback U?

So according to Brandon this was all Hoke. Still find that a bit hard to believe but whatever.

Nussmeier talks about UM being Quarterback U. I don't think we're even close to that anymore but I sure would like to get back there.

wshoes

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:06 pm

"He did say that the O is going to dictate the pace of the game, which I think he means the plays will be sent in quickly enough to allow for the QB to change it if needed. That, to me, would be a welcome change! "

Amen!
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Now, is their any realistic chance of flipping Ricky Town? Being 'Quarterback U" is a strong selling point. Michigan puts QB's in the NFL too.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:39 pm

I think we are still QB U as I don't think anyone has claimed that title from us yet. Michigan QB's play in the NFL. Maybe not for long but they all seem to get a chance. When was the last Michigan QB that didn't get on a NFL roster? Probably have to go back a long ways.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Fife,
Tate

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I had an argument with an Alabama fan about how Town would still get to the NFL at Michigan. I was, however, wrong about who I said was the last Michigan QB to not make it to the NFL. I said Michael Taylor. Forcier, Threet and Sheridan didn't make it. Not long term guys, but I was wrong. B10 should not argue with the SEC.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 pm

EJinGA. Here is some ammo for you.

"–The last time an Alabama quarterback started and won a playoff game was Jan. 15, 1983, when Todd led the Jets to a 17-14 win over the Raiders. New York won when Todd rallied the Jets to a late fourth-quarter touchdown."

Link: http://blogs.tennesseevalleynow.com/bamablog/2012/12/19/greg-mcelroy-and-alabamas-history-of-starting-qbs-in-the-nfl/

Since that time, Michigan has:
Tom Brady- 17
Jim Harbough- 2
Elvis GrBac- 1

"Alabama started quarterbacks in the NFL and their teams’ records when they started:

Ken Stabler (1970-84), 96-49-1
Joe Namath (1965-78), 62-63-4
Bart Starr (1956-71), 94-57-6
Richard Todd (1976-85), 48-59-1
Scott Hunter (1971-79), 21-18-3
Harry Gilmer (1948-56), 0-10-0
Jeff Rutledge (1979-92), 2-7-1
Brodie Croyle (2006-10), 0-10-0
Steve Sloan (1966-67), 0-1-0"

Not very impressive past 30 years.

News Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: News Conference   News Conference Empty