Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Widowmaker

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

OT: Widowmaker Empty
PostSubject: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:43 am

I suggest you try to get your hands on some if you are ever up North.

OT: Widowmaker Widowmaker-black-ale1

Their red beer is delicious, too. I mix it up.

OT: Widowmaker Redjacket-amber
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:18 am

I love dark/red beers. Is it only sod in the UP? If not I will look for it next time I'm in MI.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 am

An acquaintance I've lost contact with who brewed his own beer for many years (and they were all good), called his strongest, darkest brew "The Widowmaker". I always thought it was a great name, I hope he copyrighted it.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:26 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I love dark/red beers.  Is it only sod in the UP?  If not I will look for it next time I'm in MI.

Their website says it is sold in various counties throughout Michigan. I've only ever seen it in the U.P., but since I graduated I have only been downstate a handful of times. On their website it gives a list of counties that have it and a "store locator".

http://www.keweenawbrewing.com/find-kbc/

shoes, was his name Dick Gray or Paul Boissevain? The site provides those two names as the Godfathers of "Kewweenaw Brewing Company".
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 11:34 am

Fish, what are some of your favorite beers? If I'm in party-mode, I'm drinking Miller Lite (lol), but a couple of the non-KBC dark beers I love are:
George Killian's Irish Red
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

I like all of the above.  I drink Miller Lite during UM games because I don't get to drunk and don't get too filled up.

I've been drinking Guinness Black Lager lately.  It is really smooth.  I like Yuengleng porter.  Need to go over the Ohio boarder to get it though.

A local brewery/restaurant makes an amber called Buttface.  I get growlers of that on ocassion too.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

http://cheboyganbrewing.com/beer.html. I like the dark smooth taste of some of these beers every now and then if I'm just sitting for a beer in the summer I'll stop and have one.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 pm

tafk, the link doesn't work.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:39 pm

someone finally posted a topic that makes me happy.

I love a good beer on occasion. Guinness has always been a favorite of mine, but I'm into trying all kinds of beers. I was into IPAs for the past ten years, but now I'm weening myself off of them, as they are too heavy, and my taste is changing. That commercial that says something of "back to the basics" couldn't be more true. I still love a miller lite. (my favorite domestic beer too.)

The other day I had a burger at this farm fresh place, and it was off the hook. The beer I chose, by chance, was a Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. I don't know if it just went well with the food, but it was also off the hook. Im from Cleveland originally but never really got into their trademark beer, until now.

Anyway, whenever in doubt at the beer section, go with the Guinness. It's not only awesome and smooth, it's healthy (within moderation of course.)
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:49 pm

You know what's crazy? I cannot drink beer with food. I absolutely love beer. Nothing beats getting home from a shitty day of work and pouring a nice, dark, glass of beer with a thick foam head and relaxing. I love getting drunk of beer too (liquor, not a fan). Still, if I'm eating food, it hast to be pop, milk, or water. The food ruins the taste of the beer for me and the beer ruins the taste of the food for me. Thus, it is a situation I avoid. I usually say "I'll take a Killian's, but I'll have a pop when my food is ready."

Crazy, because my brother (who got me into dark beer in the first place) absolutely loves beer with his dinner.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
someone finally posted a topic that makes me happy.

I love a good beer on occasion.  Guinness has always been a favorite of mine, but I'm into trying all kinds of beers.  I was into IPAs for the past ten years, but now I'm weening myself off of them, as they are too heavy, and my taste is changing.  That commercial that says something of "back to the basics" couldn't be more true.  I still love a miller lite.  (my favorite domestic beer too.)

The other day I had a burger at this farm fresh place, and it was off the hook.  The beer I chose, by chance, was a Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold.  I don't know if it just went well with the food, but it was also off the hook.  Im from Cleveland originally but never really got into their trademark beer, until now.

Anyway, whenever in doubt at the beer section, go with the Guinness.  It's not only awesome and smooth, it's healthy (within moderation of course.)

Hey, my non-Gallon topics can be pretty enticing  Very Happy

Where is Great Lakes brewed out of? Being in the U.P., most of the micro-brews up here are from the Wisconsin. I've honestly never drank a Guinness out of a bottle or tap. I got pretty sloshed off Irish Car Bombs a couple years ago and always thought drinking a Guinness would be "mixing business with pleasure", so to speak. Maybe I'll get a glass tonight during the Michigan basketball game.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Hey, my non-Gallon topics can be pretty enticing  Very Happy

Where is Great Lakes brewed out of? Being in the U.P., most of the micro-brews up here are from the Wisconsin. I've honestly never drank a Guinness out of a bottle or tap. I got pretty sloshed off Irish Car Bombs a couple years ago and always thought drinking a Guinness would be "mixing business with pleasure", so to speak. Maybe I'll get a glass tonight during the Michigan basketball game.

GL is on the west bank of the flats in cleveland. irish car bombs..wow haven't had one of those in a while…thats a great way to get tanked. I have to get up early so no beer for me tonight Sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:56 pm

http://www.cheboyganbrewing.com/

Okay lets try this sorry guys

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 11:20 am

Sierra Neveda Torpedoe, Terrepin Hopsecutioner, New Belgiums Ranger IPA...

Mmmmmmmmmmm... Ready for Happy Hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Widowmaker   OT: Widowmaker Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Widowmaker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: