Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' Empty
PostSubject: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:53 pm

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarrett-Stidham-30678

On twitter @MGoFeed said dual threat QB Jarrett Stidham offered, then a link to this website.

Sandyeggo, you are the recruiting guru, what do you know or have heard about this kid? Thanks!

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:22 pm

First I've heard of him honestly. From what I could tell guys like Rosen and Sills were higher on their list. After a quick check I noticed that Stidham is a DUAL QB whereas Rosen and Sills are PRO so that could be a factor over them not offering other PRO style QBs they've been showing interest in (Gentry, Kearns, Malzone, etc)

One thing to note, mgoblog and 247 are reporting that we are absolutely done with the 2014. This coming a week after offering Marlon Mack and Jeff Jones. Apparently UM is conceding Malik as well. From what I can tell, Nussmeier has re-evaluated our RB situation and has recently talked to Damien Harris and feels that the offers could be used elsewhere (i.e. the 2015 class). That means two things to me...

1. Damien Harris is secretly back onboard after his visit from Nussmeier (great news).

2. They are going to pocket the final two schollies for 2014 and use them next year and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sure 2015 is set to be another small class (14 I think) but 2016 is back to like 26 as it stands now. Just food for thought

booboo

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Sandyeggo, always appreciate your knowledge of HS recruiting!!!

Malik, always thought he would be blue. You think he goes to Bama?

Any chance Nussmeier talks Hand into coming back to Michigan?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:43 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
First I've heard of him honestly. From what I could tell guys like Rosen and Sills were higher on their list. After a quick check I noticed that Stidham is a DUAL QB whereas Rosen and Sills are PRO so that could be a factor over them not offering other PRO style QBs they've been showing interest in (Gentry, Kearns, Malzone, etc)

One thing to note, mgoblog and 247 are reporting that we are absolutely done with the 2014. This coming a week after offering Marlon Mack and Jeff Jones. Apparently UM is conceding Malik as well. From what I can tell, Nussmeier has re-evaluated our RB situation and has recently talked to Damien Harris and feels that the offers could be used elsewhere (i.e. the 2015 class). That means two things to me...

1. Damien Harris is secretly back onboard after his visit from Nussmeier (great news).

2. They are going to pocket the final two schollies for 2014 and use them next year and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sure 2015 is set to be another small class (14 I think) but 2016 is back to like 26 as it stands now. Just food for thought

I saw the 14 report also. Initial disappointment, but then thought, oh well, it is what it is after the 13 season and the change at OC. It probably could actually be worse I guess. To me this makes the 14 season even more important.

As for the 2 schollies for 14, unless we can sign a real stud, regardless of position I say hang onto them. Just my opinion.

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am

booboo wrote:
Sandyeggo, always appreciate your knowledge of HS recruiting!!!

Malik, always thought he would be blue. You think he goes to Bama?

Any chance Nussmeier talks Hand into coming back to Michigan?

If Malik goes out of state it might be Florida St. He just visited last week I believe and from what I read it was a good visit. Which is actually surprising because normally you can't get Malik to even tell you the color of the shirt he's wearing even if he's standing in front of you. But to hear him talk up his visit just kind of surprised me.

There is no question his parents want him at UM but he's MSU bound. I did see that ND is making a late but effective push for him so maybe he ends up in South Bend. If I had to lay money down it would be on MSU.

*****UPDATE***** Soloman Thomas' dad said today that O$U is out of the running (he's probably a Stanford lock now). Anyway, you watch, O$U will make a HUGE push on Malik. Just something to think about.

As far as Hand is concerned there is no way he flips to UM. There are so many reasons why he'll be at Bama that I don't even care to address them. what sucks is that two months ago there were equally as many reasons he was a UM lock. I still don't get it. sigh.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:50 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...As for the 2 schollies for 14, unless we can sign a real stud, regardless of position I say hang onto them.   Just my opinion...

Go Blue!!   Smile 

That's the thing 66, IMO (any many others') Mack and Jones are definite takes. You don't pass on that kind of talent, you just don't. And we all know that there are essentially two positions you take every year, QB and RB. You absolutely need the depth at those two positions and to see them completely pass on RB is just mind boggling to me. I mean it's not like we took a swing and missed, UM is literally making the decision to not even swing. The only thing I can think of is that Drake Johnson is expected to be 100% next year. Pure speculation on my part though.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...From what I can tell, Nussmeier has re-evaluated our RB situation and has recently talked to Damien Harris and feels that the offers could be used elsewhere (i.e. the 2015 class). That means two things to me...

1. Damien Harris is secretly back onboard after his visit from Nussmeier (great news)...

quoting myself and giving myself a -1 for this post

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...As for the 2 schollies for 14, unless we can sign a real stud, regardless of position I say hang onto them.   Just my opinion...

Go Blue!!   Smile 

That's the thing 66, IMO (any many others') Mack and Jones are definite takes. You don't pass on that kind of talent, you just don't. And we all know that there are essentially two positions you take every year, QB and RB. You absolutely need the depth at those two positions and to see them completely pass on RB is just mind boggling to me. I mean it's not like we took a swing and missed, UM is literally making the decision to not even swing. The only thing I can think of is that Drake Johnson is expected to be 100% next year. Pure speculation on my part though.

Quoting myself again... My thoughts in this post now seem much much better given the power of hindsight.

PostSubject: Re: M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'   M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15' Empty

Back to top Go down

M offered QB Jarrett Stidham, class of 15'
Page 1 of 1