Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Declaring Early for the NBA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Declaring Early for the NBA Empty
PostSubject: Declaring Early for the NBA   Declaring Early for the NBA EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 pm

You hate to see talent leave early for the NBA. I am really hoping Burke will stick around for at least another year. I wonder if Sullinger will have an impact on his decision. I was listening to a radio station in Cleveland yesterday and they were pretty much unanimous that Sullinger's draft stock dropped this year. I respect the guy for coming back another year and risking injury and possibly his career. He lost about 10-15 pounds in the off-season but it really has not translated to his game. Call it a sophomore slump, teams defending him better or whatever. It appears it will cost him serious $$ by returning this season.

Hardaway is experiencing similar woes in his sophomore season. You just wonder if it really is a benefit for them to stick around, especially after a great freshmen year.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Declaring Early for the NBA   Declaring Early for the NBA EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, I'm worried, too---we sure as hell found a GEM in Trey. One thing that might help keep him from bolting now is his height. There are very, very few guards in that league who are 5-9...regardless of talent level.

Re: Sully, I can't see him returning to OSU. He's seen what coming back for one more year has cost him already, and there's another 30+ games of injury risk if he does return next season.

An aisde on Sully: gotta hand it to him, comporting himself classily (much unlike his school's average fan) last night in Minny. The Gopher guy "in-bounded" the ball smack into his (Sully's) chest, point-blank...and surely looked intentional...had to hurt. And JS just closed his eyes, shook his head, and moved on (his team was comfortably ahead, and a "T" would not have cost them the game)
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Declaring Early for the NBA   Declaring Early for the NBA EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Yea I really do not have much negative to say on Sullinger. I respect him for coming back for another year. He seems to handle himself pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Declaring Early for the NBA   Declaring Early for the NBA Empty

Back to top Go down

Declaring Early for the NBA
Page 1 of 1