Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake Ryan to MLB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

Chris Bryant's career is over. New responsiblities for defensive coaches.

Lot's of things to look at this spring.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140221/SPORTS06/302210058/michigan-football-jake-ryan-chris-bryant

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140220/SPORTS0201/302200117/0/sports0201/Greg-Mattison-coaching-linebackers-among-Michigan-football-staff-changes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:47 pm

I am guessing by the lack of comment on this thread no one is excited about this reshuffling of staff. I guess I just don't get the thinking here. It seems to me you are taking position coaches (read:less experienced coaches) and moving them from positions they have focused on and moving them elsewhere. So now they are having to learn/teach completely different techniques. Not saying that can't be done but I am saying it doesn't excite me to have new coaches in new roles for the upcoming season.

Do any of you see good in this or do we just give credit to Hoke for shaking things up?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:22 pm

I find it odd.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:59 am

MgoBlue wrote:
I am guessing by the lack of comment on this thread no one is excited about this reshuffling of staff.  I guess I just don't get the thinking here. It seems to me you are taking position coaches (read:less experienced coaches) and moving them from positions they have focused on and moving them elsewhere.  So now they are having to learn/teach completely different techniques.  Not saying that can't be done but I am saying it doesn't excite me to have new coaches in new roles for the upcoming season.

Do any of you see good in this or do we just give credit to Hoke for shaking things up?

Mattison has coached LBs before and has been doing this a long long time so I'm not concerned about that.

Mark Smith has coached DL before so I'm not worried about him.

Roy Manning is the one that worries me. He was a LB, he is a really young LB coach, so making him the CB coach doesn't make sense to me. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 am

Where was Mark a DL coach at? Hopefully he is a good one. Yea I am not worried about Mattison either.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Where was Mark a DL coach at?  Hopefully he is a good one.  Yea I am not worried about Mattison either.

Indiana State.  Plus he has been a DC and has been at this a long time.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_smith_741218.html
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:12 pm

That's good.  Hopefully he will get us to the next level. I think the talent is there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jake Ryan to MLB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Ryan to MLB   Jake Ryan to MLB Empty

Back to top Go down

Jake Ryan to MLB
Page 1 of 1